OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
I'm sure they OKC could've done better than that and I'm sure this trade don't make KD too happy.

KD has to be leaving, maybe not here but I think he's dippin

Sup yall.... Hoping that the Knicks walk out of tonight with a guard. Badly need a point to backup Rose and develop behind him so that maybe he can take over if/when Rose walks next summer. A lot of quality guards in this draft.

My big board:

1. Dejounte Murray (I'd be doing back flips if we can somehow draft this kid... Absolute STEAL imo)

2. Tyler Ulis

3. Isaiah Whitehead

4. Michael Gbinije

5. Kay Felder 

If we walk out of tonight with one of these dudes I will be very, very happy. Heres to hoping Phil can make something happen because Lord knows we can use a quality young guard especially after giving up on Jerian so early.

Ive been busy lately but I'll try to make it back in here and post more during the offseason. Just wanted to check in on my favorite night of the year.

Go Knicks

EDIT:

Anyone know if Wroten is still gonna be on the summer league team? I, like many of yall im sure, was excited to see what he had to offer and was shocked when we waived him. I feel like something weird had to happen for us to waive him on a non guaranteed deal before he even got a chance to play in SL, especially since he was so outspoken about being excited to play in SL and prove himself and start next season and all that jazz. Very curious for more details.

Last edited:
It's really all a crapshoot at this point. Even if they get a pick, you're not really depending on any of these dudes this late in a weak draft for solid roles.

Just go for someone who at least might have a pretty good or close to elite transferable skill.

Last edited:
It's really all a crapshoot at this point. Even if they get a pick, you're not really depending on any of these dudes this late in a weak draft for solid roles.

Just go for someone who at least might have a pretty good or close to elite transferable skill.
It's definitely a crapshoot but that doesnt mean you cant find someone of quality. This draft is deeper than it is top heavy. Knicks can definitely find a contributor if they buy a 2nd round pick and they have been scouting/conducting workouts and interviews so they should have a pretty good idea of prospects they like and see as a fit in mind.

Especially because so many teams possess so many picks and are taking all of these draft and stash players being drafted, there are a lot of quality college players slipping later than they should who can contribute on a team like the Knicks.

Alot of teams like the Sixers or the Nuggets are drafting these draft and stash players because they have tons of picks and young players already on their roster. The Knicks dont. So if we could slide into the 2nd round and draft a quality college player, that could be a big benefit for us in the long run... 

**** really wanted Dejounte Murray. ******* Spurs are always drafting my boys. Same thing happened when they drafted Kyle Anderson with the last pick in the 1st round the year we drafted Cleanthony.

Back
Top Bottom