OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
man am i excited for free agency just to see what fills our lineup and just to see where the big free agents land.... lets be realistic shall we... we have like 30 million in cap space so that means we can spend money on 1 max free agent and 1 mid level contract or multiple deals like 3 role players with 10 million dollar contracts or 2 15 million dollar contracts...so here is my dream scenario is to sign KD at 25 million and the rest on either a shooting guard or a center it doesnt really matter really since we get KD... next need if we miss out on KD is to use the max on other guys like a center or shooting guard...use the max on either derozan or whiteside... these 2 guys are really the best at their position as far as "free agency" is concerned... i like dwade but its unrealistic that he leaves miami... so now that we got the big 3 in melo, rose and KP it would make sense to have a shooting guard to compliment rose since the front court is solidified with melo and KP and we can just sign a solid center...derozan would be a good option and hes under 30 and in his prime.... now if we miss out on him than whiteside is the best center in free agency since he is a 2 way player someone we need... dwight, noah and gasol are good options but they are not better than whiteside... its definitely going to be interesting for us during free agency... if we miss out on KD, miss out on a max shooting guard or center, then i would go on the latter option and to get 2-3 guys that can help this team.....these guys can help but wont command max contracts bazemore, turner, speights, mozgod, eric gordon, hibbert, gerald henderson all unrestricted guys who we can sign out right... noah or horford would be great here but they are expecting to get max contracts here or elsewhere

Last edited:
It's always great to see your posts, GR8

I hadn't been around NT between 2003 to 2009 because of college life. That absence was my biggest regret. I'd love to be around y'all during span.

Anyways, I totally agree with you about Fournier. Fournier is one of my list this summer. I have a feeling that Magic might bring Fournier back since they traded Odalipo. The worst part is Fournier is a RFA. Seeing Batum got choked in the playoffs against past prime time players in Wade and Deng made me uncomfortable with the idea of signing him.. Maybe Batum can become a better player around high level players like Melo and Rose. Who knows?

I totally love the Rose trade. We acquired a 27 years old former MVP without giving up future draft picks that would ruin our secured futures. I don't feel comfortable by giving Conley a max contract. Rose wasn't 100% and he played more games than Conley last season. Season evaluation on an expiring player is much better than a first year of four-year contract player.

#InPhilWeTrust
#TheFoundation

Last edited:
According to Marc Stein Warriors, Spurs, and Thunder are gonna be the first three teams to meet with Durant.

man whatever... if we dont get KD which is likely to happen we going to be fine... there some decent free agents id like us to sign in no particular order noah, horford, whiteside, derozan, bazemore, gordon, dwight, gasol, turner, hibbert, hernderson or even gerald green...we will be fine even without KD trust me we good

I don't see how they say Knicks are not a destination.

With these 4 I can already see Finals. Melo has been the only weapon. His been getting double and none productive. If you get another scorer like kd ... There will be no team that can guard that Knicks. You have Melo and KD great from mid to 3 ... KP can def stetch the defense and rose would be able to distribute and shot the gap.

Man I can only dream.

That line up would be so deadly.
I don't know how any team would guard them.
The headaches. The anger and frustrations.

I hope Durant can see that so my boy Rose can get a ring, along with the rest.

Like seriously, what player wouldn't be intrigued at the Knicks potential if they join them.

All you would need is a spot up shooter at the 2 who can defend a bit... and yeah, if Rose is healthy that team beats the Cavs IMO. Winning a championship still doesnt solve Love's odd fit, although I think Kyrie is finally poised to break out into truly elite status.

If KD doesn't even meet with us he ain't ready for that NY pressure.

I have an extremely optimistic feeling about KD. The front office waited several years for this opportunity to woo Durant and you know they are going all the **** in to get him in NY. This is the main reason why Jackson got hired with that fat salary. Bringing a chip to NY would be 10 times as huge as Bron getting the ring for Cleveland. Also being in the Eastern Conference your only real challenge would be Cleveland. I would call it a failure if he isn't able to finesse this
Whose booty is that in ya avy? :nerd: :evil:

Last edited:
man whatever... if we dont get KD which is likely to happen we going to be fine... there some decent free agents id like us to sign in no particular order noah, horford, whiteside, derozan, bazemore, gordon, dwight, gasol, turner, hibbert, hernderson or even gerald green...we will be fine even without KD trust me we good

This.

I don't think KD coming here at all TBH. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Rose
Derozan
Melo
Porizingis
Noah

We're going to strike out on kd most likely . How far do you guys think a line up like that would take us?

Back
Top Bottom