OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Rose
Derozan
Melo
Porizingis
Noah

We're going to strike out on kd most likely . How far do you guys think a line up like that would take us?

replace DeRozan with Bazemore/Crabbe/Lee & get Noah on a short term deal with team options and i'm all for this

derozan-demar-large.jpg

Maybe not getting a meeting with Durant is a blessing in disguise. Instead of waiting a week for his decision we could move on to other guys that we could actually sign.

It ain't a good look though. If Rose/Melo/KP can't even get you a seat the table...

Other FA's take notice of that, if they haven't already made up their minds yet on the Knicks.

Bring in Baze and/or pay more for 2 year deals with an opt-out. Use the following year to make it as great of a destination as possible by the time Summer 2017 comes around.

Last edited:
I rather him not meet with us if he has no intention to sign here. Get any combo of fournier/baze/crabbe/lee and Noah/horford/pachulia at good contracts.

Smh @ how ya take anything Woj says as gospel.

I understand he's the bomb dropper but come on. Ya really think ALL information is out there for these reporters?

Every agent and player of high caliber has something up their sleeve that the media won't know.

A lot, if not all reports are speculation off of small information that these reporters get from sources. They do the same thing we do. They look for connections, friends, past comments, hometown, market etc. and come up with basically a guess.

I can't see Woj or any reporter being able to call an agent or player and flat out ask for a list of teams he's gonna visit.

I bet KD meets with us last. And I like that position.

I believe we all knew who he was meeting with anyways. Come to no surprise from Woj. Don't get worked up about it.

Woj did say Ibaka wasn't even close to getting traded and then 30 seconds later he was dealt. He's not the gospel but he does have credibility but he's also a Knicks hater so I have to take what he says about us with a grain of salt.

Woj did say Ibaka wasn't even close to getting traded and then 30 seconds later he was dealt. He's not the gospel but he does have credibility but he's also a Knicks hater so I have to take what he says about us with a grain of salt.

That's a fact.

Y'all just cannot get your hopes up on KD. If he comes great but let's not do the Lebron thing again. As long as Deight stays away we're good.

Right, I was thinking about his article about J.R. when I made my last post about woj.

He said something like the Knicks deserved J.R. cause of how much of a headache he was... :stoneface:

Add to the fact that the Knicks just made a big move and are now looking like a destination for these big players after being the butt of everyone's joke just a full moon ago.

Very much like that Noah getting offered the max that some dude threw out there... I am 90% sure it was just cause there are reports that the Knicks could get him. Throwing a rumor out there like that makes the agent and player think they can get more or decide they have leverage, because someone out there said they would give them the max.

They see us b.

If a leak makes no sense, think about who would benefit from leaking that information.

If KD doesn't plan to sign with the Knicks, I'd much appreciate it if he let Phil know by now than making us wait for his decision

Like Nick said we move on and go after other best available players while KD is in a meeting with teams

"Durant is planning to hold free agency meetings in New York and have teams come to him, Woj reported. The Celtics are on a list that includes the Thunder, Golden State Warriors, San Antonio Spurs, Los Angeles Clippers and Miami Heat."

So yeah, he's gonna hold meetings in NY and not give us one? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] yeah right

Don't really care if we get a meeting or not. If he doesn't want to be here i'd rather not have him waste Phil's day.

Isola will be unbearable if we don't get a meeting tho :lol:

Back
Top Bottom