OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
If KD doesn't go, it's cool.

Knicks gotta get a bunch of offensive 3 point powers and some defensive guys. Rim protector like Noah... all that.

I trust in Phil to build around Rose better than the Bulls ever will and can.

I've watched just about every Bulls game last year, Rose in his 66 games, he definitely still have his quick first step. He was cruising and each game that went, he paced himself more and more just to be ready for this year. I see him dunking more and owning the paint game.

We've gone from an experiment with an expiring contract to building around Rose in a matter of pages. :tongue: Thread is def lit...

I mean that loosely, with said building around Rose but I have sense Phil will put the pieces around Melo, Kristap and Rose. The guys next to be signed will all be complimentary pieces!

Bazemore/Crabbe are worth 4/$60M. I'd give lee 4/$44M because he's already 30. I'll only take Noah for something like 3/$36M with the 3rd year being a team option. Fill out the rest of the roster with Hernangomez & some shooters.

We won 32 games last year with awful coaching & the worst backcourt in the league. No reason we can't get over 40 wins with upgrades to both.

True. Hopefully Noah gives us a hometown discount so we can sign some quality players to fill out the roster.

^ we can only afford 1 max and 1 mid level guy... so if we do get noah that will be our biggest free agent and then some smaller free agents after that

Last edited:
Right, I was thinking about his article about J.R. when I made my last post about woj.

He said something like the Knicks deserved J.R. cause of how much of a headache he was... :stoneface:

Add to the fact that the Knicks just made a big move and are now looking like a destination for these big players after being the butt of everyone's joke just a full moon ago.

Very much like that Noah getting offered the max that some dude threw out there... I am 90% sure it was just cause there are reports that the Knicks could get him. Throwing a rumor out there like that makes the agent and player think they can get more or decide they have leverage, because someone out there said they would give them the max.

They see us b.

Woj reminds me of a few posters who frequent the NBA thread Knowledgeable is some aspects but become absolute clowns who spew unnecessary hate when it comes to the Knicks. Like dude your obviously in your feels and can never be subjective when it comes to the Knicks or anything NY.

I've been able to quell my excitement over the Rose acquisition, but today I found myself on the giddy side of the emotional spectrum. After AI, Rose became my favorite young player to watch. Always secretly rooted for his success, even though he was a Bull. By the time he arrived anyway, we'd been the joke of the league for quite some time. Idc what percentage of his former self he is, just stay healthy.

[T.O.voice]That's my PG[/T.O.voice]

I'm cautiously optimistic about us signing Noah.

Bring on some shooters, and we in there like swimwear.

abematic abematic Are you officially a Knicks fan now or do you just hope Rose does well?

cmon nick you're better than that

you forgot about the first page ? :lol:

obviously he's a drose fan. We shouldn't have a problem with that as long as he doesn't act like hongcouver when jeremy lin was here :smh::x

Last edited:
sat down and had my morning coffee and really thought about this team and it's plans...

Option 1) Go for KD. If you get him, then it is WIN NOW attitude.
Option 2) Get only one year rentals and have the most money in the league to spend next season with only 3 guys on the books (Melo, Oquinn, KP) go for the absolute home run of the Lebron/Wade/CP3 package.

sat down and had my morning coffee and really thought about this team and it's plans...

Option 1) Go for KD. If you get him, then it is WIN NOW attitude.
Option 2) Get only one year rentals and have the most money in the league to spend next season with only 3 guys on the books (Melo, Oquinn, KP) go for the absolute home run of the Lebron/Wade/CP3 package.

I was nodding my head until I got to the very end. :lol:

You were on the right track though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom