OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
How quickly we forget about Dweezy (not) getting Lebron

"If Deezy is paying Lebron, I'm paying Dwayne Wade" - Jay-Z's reference in the song "Empire State of Mind" to James Dolan (referred to as Deezy by friends) offering the max contract to Lebron in the summer of 2010 and his plans for the Brooklyn Nets to try and aggressively sign Dwayne Wade instead. - Raykepedia

Ima say this one time and one time only.

Don't nobody want LeBron *** here on the Knicks! He can stay in Cleveland and lose to us in the future. He don't want a series vs. Melo with teams with comparable talent.

**** LeBron and an almost 40 yr old Wade.

Put the pipe down on that.

I'd rather go for Westbrook first than Paul next FA.

Last edited:
I would seriously stop rooting for the Knicks we ever got Lebron... **** that guy

Imo Knicks should check all around the league for the availability of young back up PGs as well as heavily scout the summer league. Think that is our best bet with all the money we are about to spend to fill other holes. Doubt we can get anything close to a decent backup PG on free agency without breaking bank but we can potentially get an overlooked young guy with a future 2nd rounder + some of the cash we didnt spend on draft night.

For example, Minnesota just drafted Kris Dunn. They still have Rubio. Maybe check out the avaialbility of Tyus Jones (Scott Layden is their GM after all now lol). Giannis looks to be the new PG in Milwaukee. They still have MCW. Maybe check to see what they want for Tyler Ennis. I think he would be a fine backup/developmental project.

**** like that that other teams do all the ******* time but the Knicks never ever do. Portland does **** like this all the time. Buy overlooked young players with potential for super cheap and develop them on their own. Thats how they got Moe Harkless (think they only gave up a 2nd rounder or some **** what a ******* steal). Vonleh as well among many others. Portland is great at doing that **** and then they all get overpaid and they fill the holes using the same exact strategy. Id like the Knicks to do the same for a PG.

Im still very curious to find out more details about Wroten. SOMETHING must have happenee for the Knicks to waive him before even the summer league when he was on a non guaranteed deal, with no money owed until October, AFTER we traded Jerian Grant and all the talk about how excited he was to prove himself in SL and even start for us next season. Something sounds fishy to me about that.

Last edited:
Sam Amick said we should get a meeting with Durant but we're still a longshot to sign him.

I thought we were joking in the thread with the Durant signing, starting to think it's serious. Durant ain't coming here fellas bruh was in the WCF and choked away a championship shot, while we didnt even make the playoffs in the EC. :smh: We may entice a name like that with a solid season next year.

Got a funny story...

So my daughter is on a 10 an under AAU team and she had practice today. After practice everyone was politicking outside and out of no where Charles Oakley pulls up.

I'm like "oh snap, oak man."

Everyone starts to kind of gather round. Then someone finally asks for a group pic.

View media item 2081221
While getting ready for the picture, one of the parents said "ok, Knicks on 3" and Oakley made real clear "nah, nah, nah I ain't say nothing about no Knicks!" :rofl: "Knicks nothing until they start winning" :lol:

I was hurt but I put the parent smirk on like "ha, good one oak man" :\

I guess he's right tho. We need some winning vibes man.

Back
Top Bottom