OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
I'm good on a 36 year old inefficent chucker who plays no defense.

Rather give that roster spot to a young guy with upside.

That's literally all his role is...to provide points off the bench when no one else is scoring. Not asking for him to do any different than us. The best part about his age is that he won't be asking for much money. Sign him to a 2 year maybe $7mil per deal.

Listen I am all for taking calculated risks when the opportunity presents itself. I am all for taking on the risk of Rose's health because I know the dude is a competitor who always works hard and a straight baller when he is healthy. However, I do NOT support taking on the risk of Dwight's ***** *** keeping it together and being a good productive teammate in a limited role in NYC, when all evidence points to him being the opposite, and NYC isnt exactly known for bringing the best out of players. He would most likely destroy any chance this team has. Stay away from that. Let Dwight go man the 5 in Milwaukee if he is serious about getting his act together and stepping into a supporting role where he can be helpful.

New profile on Porzingis, good read: http://www.esquire.com/sports/a46093/kristaps-porzingis-profile-knicks-latvia/

Tokoto is a great passer for his size
His perimeter defense is really good

Ron Harper's poor man

Not to beat a dead horse but this is exactly how i feel on the Rose trade:

https://stubbhub.wordpress.com/2016/06/23/why-are-the-knicks/

The thing with this trade that people don't understand is Rolo does not fit into our small ball plans so essentially we dumped his salary. yes it was a bargain contract with the new salaries coming up but why keep him around if he's not in our plans no matter how much of a bargain he is. Let's free that cap space up and have a test run on how KP and Melo really play together with a legit PG, Melo likes to bang down low and so does KP. and essentially Rolo was in the way. And no way was Jerian Grant a legit assest no matter how you put it or what you say about him.

Rose had no trade value.

Could've just offered Grant + Calderon then auctioned off Lopez in July.

nick. nick. is Robin Lopez confirmed

:lol: :lol:

I'll root for Rose but i'll never be a fan of what it took to get him

Rose had no trade value.

Could've just offered Grant + Calderon then auctioned off Lopez in July.

If Phil really had his sights set on Rose he could've waited a week & took him in a salary dump.

Grant & Calderon could be replaced but it'll cost more than $7M to do so. Lopez could also be replaced but it'll cost ~$20M/year for an older, worse player.

My original thought was we made this trade so Porzingis could play the 5 but now we're going after Noah & Howard so i have no clue what we're thinking. Either Phil dramatically changed his thoughts in the last month or someone else is calling the shots.

^ we made the trade because we needed a point guard not so KP can play center... phil knew it would be easier to find a big man than a point guard in free agency so he took the gamble with the trade...and the only way this trade would go through is to include jose and lopez because the contracts work... as much as i like lopez i rather have a point guard and we can find a better big man in free agency with noah, whiteside or gasol...

Would you have rather overpaid for a Conley or take the chance on Rose (even if it's just one year)? Honest question. Because I would have not felt comfortable with the first choice.

If it was up to me Grant would've been the starting PG next season.

Grant
Crabbe/Bazemore/Lee/Fournier
Melo
Porzingis
Lopez

We're not close to a championship & Grant was never given a fair shot so next year would've been all about development. Solidify the 2 guard position, fill the bench, & continue to add on to what we got last summer. It's not the sexy thing to do but it's the right way to rebuild. If things don't work out we have our 1st round pick & some cap room to play with summer 2017.

I see your reasoning but at the same time..I feel if we have a chance of acquiring someone like Rose (even if he's not the MVP type player from years back), I'll roll the dice on him. If he turns out great, our chances of at least appealing to a premiere free agent next season increases. And if he doesn't, well we have more money to work with and we still have our pick.

Let's be real. last season was brutal :lol:. The NBA is about luck and chance. Yes, Derrick Rose may not be a sure thing. But coming back with a similar team that lost 50 games isn't a great thing either.

It's really amazing how the media responded to this trade. Immediately, not even 2hrs go bu and everyone is already dismissing Derrick Rose. :lol:

I dont think he'll be driving to the hole as much anymore, not that he cant, but because the offense wont require him to. Rose is going to be the 3rd option on this team and will have a lot of open mid-range looks.

I always wanted Noah on this team, I hope we can sign him. Durant isnt built for NYC, but damn RocNation a legit 15min. walk from MSG and cant even get a Halal Cart halfway? :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom