OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
So KP's boy, Gomez-something, not coming over for summer league or he's that nice that he dont need to?

MozGod is in the mix now...Bring him back home!

The Knicks are interested in Joakim Noah, but he isn't the only big man on their radar. Another center some in the Knicks organization are high on is Timofey Mozgov, per league sources. The interest between Noah and the Knicks is strong and mutual. But Mozgov, an ex-Knick, provides an interesting alternative. With Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Rose and Kristaps Porzingis on the roster, the Knicks probably won't need a high-scoring center. Mozgov doesn't need touches and would provide mobile rim protection and rebounding. He also compares favorably to Noah in some categories (age: Mozgov is 29, Noah is 31; recent health: Noah was limited to 29 games last season due to a left shoulder injury).

Last edited:
4652a865-d065-4612-89ae-969506e3e873_107042470.jpg

nah

Mozgov is worth way more than the Vet's minimum even after a bad season and has been more than a 4th stringer for a long time.

Never mind the fact that's he can't get the Vet's minimum because he only has 6 years under his belt.

Last edited:
Mozgov is worth way more than the Vet's minimum even after a bad season and has been more than a 4th stringer for a long time.

Never mind the fact that's he can't get the Vet's minimum because he only has 6 years under his belt.

IDC what he has been. Thats the issue we get players for what they have been and not what they are doing right now or what they are going to do in the future.

Hardly any player in the past maybe 10 years has played their best years in NY. They either come here to die or leave and flourish.

IDC what he has been. Thats the issue we get players for what they have been and not what they are doing right now or what they are going to do in the future.

Hardly any player in the past maybe 10 years has played their best years in NY. They either come here to die or leave and flourish.
If it comes up that he has underlying issues than I agree with you fully. But if he's completely healthy I think he's definitely worth it. Can't go wrong with a healthy Mozgov IMO.

especially not at 8mil. that would leave us with over 22mil to sign a SG and some other pieces. i'd take mozgov if he can play like he did against the warriors in 2015. he barely played this season at just under 18mpg. even with those few minutes he still averaged 6.3 ppg, 4.4 rpg, and 0.8 bpg. his per 36 minutes look even better. all we need is a C that can play about 25mpg, grab boards, and not defend.

MozGod is in the mix now...Bring him back home!

The Knicks are interested in Joakim Noah, but he isn't the only big man on their radar. Another center some in the Knicks organization are high on is Timofey Mozgov, per league sources. The interest between Noah and the Knicks is strong and mutual. But Mozgov, an ex-Knick, provides an interesting alternative. With Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Rose and Kristaps Porzingis on the roster, the Knicks probably won't need a high-scoring center. Mozgov doesn't need touches and would provide mobile rim protection and rebounding. He also compares favorably to Noah in some categories (age: Mozgov is 29, Noah is 31; recent health: Noah was limited to 29 games last season due to a left shoulder injury).

I approve. Mozgov, come home.

Mozgov @ 2/$18M >>> Noah @ 3/$36M >>>>>>> Howard @ 4/$80M
All truth. Unfortunately, though this is the most reasonable thing to do and use the rest on a SG I fully expect to get a notification about Noah signing with us within an hour of KD's decision if he decides to sign elsewhere. I think Phil will continue to try and make big splashes this off season even if there are more sensible options out there. A haul of Bazemore & Mozgov would make me just as happy as signing a big name like Noah or Batum and having to settle for a Tier 4 player to fill the remaining hole.

Though the big names on the market are enticing I really don't want to go into another season with a gaping hole at any position again. I'd love to leave this offseason with a well rounded starting 5 that we can expect to be competitive this year that also leaves cap room to make the necessary additions next offseason and begin truly competing for a ring in 2017-18. Cuz to keep it real, if Phil doesn't put together a squad that wins just as much or more games than the 2012-13 squad and goes further in the postseason than they did in the next 2 seasons then his tenure has been a complete failure with the only redeeming point being we have a future franchise cornerstone in KP. And thats just not good enough

What's good with Allen Crabbe? Is he a realistic signing?

Haven't heard his name associated with us anywhere else outside of this thread.

I like what he showed in the playoffs.

Although he's 2 year older and has a lot more tread on his tires, I'd still take my chances with Noah rather than Moz because you can't pick & roll Noah to death like you can with Moz. A healthy Noah can do more than just handle his own in that spot.

He's also a fantastic communicator on the court. Tyson Chandler's first 2 years on this team should serve as constant reminder just how important that is.

Oh and he's an exceptional passer too so he's a much better fit in this new system on the offensive end.

All that being said...the money and term length matters. You want to have enough cap space or flexibility from the contract so it doesn't hinder you from what's about to take place next offseason. I prioritize that more than a particular player.

@nickmaz96 said it already a few days ago, but I think it's very crucial they find a 2 that could space the floor & defend opponents' best guards. Those guys don't grow on trees, and their value has never been higher in this new NBA. Not gonna be cheap, to say the least. It's an absolute necessity for how this team is currently structured though.

The 2 and 5 are both immediate areas of need, but it's actually a lot more important they find that specific wing player compared to the big.

Last edited:
KP is the reason why I'd pick Noah over Mozgov. I believe KP can learn many things from Noah in practices/games.

Noah Is a bit skinny for his size. Only 230s lbs at 6"11. He has experiences. A perfect mentor to KP

Last edited:
If Porzingis will be playing 20-25 minutes at center there's no reason to spend big on a center.

Get someone like Mozgov, Zeller, or Mahinmi on a short term deal under $10M/year & give a 2 guard $15-20M.

Back
Top Bottom