OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
I understand why people are dismissing the Knicks as a destination, we have sucked for a long time.

If KD is the superstar that we all think he is, and giving the young talent of KP and the new acquisition of Rose, he should be able to take the Knicks to the promise land.

I'm basing this on LBJ going to Miami and doing it with DWade and Bosh and then again to Clev and Kyrie and Love...

Looking at a roster of the Knicks with KD it looks a lot better than what LBJ stepped into last year with the Cavs.

Last edited:
Man I still cant believe the ******* Cavs won 
mean.gif

I understand why people are dismissing the Knicks as a destination, we have sucked for a long time.

If KD is the superstar that we all think he is, and giving the young talent of KP and the new acquisition of Rose, he should be able to take the Knicks to the promise land.

I'm basing this on LBJ going to Miami and doing it with DWade and Bosh and then again to Clev and Kyrie and Love...

Looking at a roster of the Knicks with KD it looks a lot better than what LBJ stepped into last year with the Cavs.

This post is real as **** but honestly I don't think KD has the cojones to play in NYC or silly enough to turn down a potential extra 100 mill

its pretty true though and only a Knicks fan would understand... i tell people all the time a team with KP, melo, rose and KD would be really good and could maybe even beat the cavs... but then the hate and ignorant of some people come in to play... they just say the Knicks suck why would KD go there when he could just go to a winning team? you add KD to any team and that team will be instantly good and make the playoffs but if you already have melo, rose and KP there you cant honestly tell me adding KD wouldnt make them an elite team

You guys are putting your faith into Rose I wouldn't hold my breath. Melo is past his prime let's be honest. If he hypothetically signs, there would be two defensive liabilites Melo and Rose there's more to the game then just scoring you know.

You guys are putting your faith into Rose I wouldn't hold my breath. Melo is past his prime let's be honest. If he hypothetically signs, there would be two defensive liabilites Melo and Rose there's more to the game then just scoring you know.

You do realize we had Calderon as our guard last season right?

I have pretty much given up any sort of hope that KD will sign here. Im not going to set myself up to be disappointed by pipe dreams again. But people do realize that 2 years ago when KD was hurt, the Thunder failed to make the playoffs with their supporting cast, one year later and they were one game away from winning the west, right?

KD is the kind of player who can have that kind of impact on an NBA team. We dont really have a Westbrook caliber player on here, but I wouldnt definitively say that the Thunder have a better supporting cast than we do factoring in the development of Porzingis. Also I think KD signing here puts us ahead of every team besides maybe Cleveland in the East. He is also the ideal kind of forward we should be looking for after the Rose trade, but I agree. I have never looked at KD as a NYC athlete like Melo.

Last edited:
Man .. What are you even saying? Has Melo forgotten how to put the ball in the basket? Has rose forgotten how to be a point?

We aren't asking Rose to drive to the lane every time or be overly agreesive like he had to be with the bulls. We are asking him to drive and make opponents respect the paint when they want to double Melo and KD.

We don't need Melo to be in his prime - a lot of the attention that he commanded would be focus on KD - thus leaving Melo on a lot of One on One's where you know he can create his shot.

KP is great inside and out - he would give the offense a lot of Flex room - especially Rose to go in the paint in fast breakaways to shot or kick out for wide open shots.

KD well you already know he's still in his prime and he will command a lot of attention, but unlike the Thurnder when you had Westbrook Highjacking the offense regardless if he was on or off - Melo will be able to deliver, Rose would be able to pass and KP would be able to open the paint for him to drive.

Yes - everyone can say we sucks and we haven't been any good - but this sport casters are idiots if they think the start 5 with KD in it is better in any other team besides the GSW than the one NewYork Knicks would be able to put out there.

Whether we get him or not - this **** is facts ......

You had LBJ going back to Clev ,one of worst team in the NBA from arguably one of the best team in BB. All they had was a promising guard and a 1st round pick. With him in the lineup he gave flex to everyone else to flourish ... are we saying that Love is better than Melo? are we saying that KP is worst than TT? are we saying that Kyrie can run the floor like Rose?

Some of these dudes cant even be taking seriously with their commentating ....

OKC Oladipo and Westbrook .... I guess they are better than Melo - KP and Rose ..... LMAO

again - KD or bust .... even without KD - all that money to pay him - we should get complementing players and the Knicks will make it to the playoff. #truth!

Put the crack pipe down.

Rose **** aside what you're talking about with Melo clearly she's you don't watch the games or even pay attention to stats.

You can't compare LBJ to KD they impact the game way differently plus Lebron was going home there's a difference.

Your only talking about one side of the ball though. Are you really bringing up the Westbrook Comprising the offense thing. Did you watch game 7 against the Warriors KD was timid the first three quarters and wasn't even trying to get the ball.

Your really put your faith in guy that's played less than 40% of his games in the last 4 four seasons the lol is on you.

Anyways the thunder lineup is way better defensively OlaDipo plays defense Westbrook Can play defensive. Adams is a rim protector. What current knick starters are known for defense? I'll wait.

Put the crack pipe down.

Rose **** aside what you're talking about with Melo clearly she's you don't watch the games or even pay attention to stats.

Did I say he couldn't get buckets I said he's past his prime I don't think that's a wrong thing to say. Melo was a 10 top ten player 3 seasons ago, he's not anymore that's all I'm saying.

Na
Put the crack pipe down.

Did I say he couldn't get buckets I said he's past his prime I don't think that's a wrong thing to say. Melo was a 10 top ten player 3 seasons ago, he's not anymore that's all I'm saying.
Name 10 players better than him .

Put the crack pipe down.

No. You called him a liability on defense.

Flush the crack down the toilet b.

Last edited:
You can't compare LBJ to KD they impact the game way differently plus Lebron was going home there's a difference.

Your only talking about one side of the ball though. Are you really bringing up the Westbrook Comprising the offense thing. Did you watch game 7 against the Warriors KD was timid the first three quarters and wasn't even trying to get the ball.

Your really put your faith in guy that's played less than 40% of his games in the last 4 four seasons the lol is on you.

Anyways the thunder lineup is way better defensively OlaDipo plays defense Westbrook Can play defensive. Adams is a rim protector. What current knick starters are known for defense? I'll wait.
lol on me? What are you even saying? I can give to ***** about what Lebro. Was doing ... He didn't go home just to go home, he saw potential on what that team could be with him.

I'm not completely putting all my faith in Rose. However, like I said before ... He will not have to be overly aggresive and put his body thru so much With the Knicks or is that a false statement.

Again you just talking nonesense ... Westbrook is not a Defensive stopper ... Adams is a rim protector but KP has no fear this far and Olidipo, we can look for a Defensive oriented 2 that's not asked much but to defend. You acting like every team is going to have 2 to 3 elite scorer and I truly believe that the starting 4 that we are discussing can make up for their defense with offense.

Just stop it ...

If we don't get him I still know that team will make it to the playoff.

not top 10 ? Well you clearly just talking wreckless now. He was playing with an injury, he was sat down cause the injury and he hasn't had a legit 2 weapon thus making teams focus entirely on him. We don't know if he's still prime elite or top 10 until he really gets some help

Back
Top Bottom