[| -- Official 2008 "Glow In The Dark" Tour: KanYe, Lupe, N.E.R.D. & Rihanna Post -- |]

ya'll NYC heads better have some pictures and vids in the a.m.
laugh.gif

i was at the show @ Nissan on 5/10 and all i can say is Kanye is by far and away the best showman i have ever seen. this dude was born to entertain.

i'll give a mini breakdown but i just got back in town so im pretty beat.

Lupe
-he actually started on time, so by concert standards, he went on early. i was in line copping my shirt @ almost exactly 6:30 when i heard Hip HopSaved My Life drop so i was like
eek.gif
oh @*!% and jetted back to the lawn.
- my only real gripe is that he went first and he had the shortest set out of everyone. crowd was nowhere near as big yet, so it wasn't quite as hype, buteveryone around me was singing his songs word for word, so trust me, he had a lot fans out there.

NERD
they started to get ppl REAL hype. they had me shouting ALL THE GIRLS STANDING IN THE LINE FOR THE BATHROOM for the rest of the night.
-i got twerked on something serious when they performed Lap Dance, so kudos
pimp.gif

-i'd definitely like to see them perform a longer set (ditto with Lupe)

Rhianna
i was very impressed honestly. she performed some random songs like Sim Simma, that MIA Paper Planes joint and some others. she looked fly as hell too, so thathelped.
i understand she's probably the 2nd most popular artist out of the group, but i wish she went first. oh well.

Kanye
-i would've paid triple what i did for my ticket for his set alone.
-he absolutely KILLED it, from the second he stepped on the stage.
-i went nuts when Flashing Lights dropped
- i went even more nuts when Spaceship dropped
- when he ended the show with an encore of Homecoming and then brought out Lupe for Touch the Sky, i pretty much @*!% my pants.

the whole theme was the truth. the special effects and the little storyline. when Hey Mama played and he sat down on stage and re-gathered himself. thenJourney "Don't Stop Believing" played and he got up and got re-energized. this dude knows how to work a crowd. y'all other crowds must nothave earned that encore because everyone in the crowd damn near shattered their vocal cords screaming KANYE! KANYE! when it went dark and about 30 secondslater Homecoming dropped with fireworks and lights. it was nuts.

highlight of the night was BY FAR ending the show with Touch the Sky w/ Lupe. everytime i hear that song from now on that's all i'll be thinking aboutand that a lone was honestly worth the money.

10/10. slap yourself if you passed on a ticket because this was EASILY the best concert i've ever been to of any musical genre.

everything and more.

you've heard all the good things.

smh @ me, my friends, and MSG thinkin Jay was gonna come out during diamonds.

apology for rihanna for doubting her and leaving before her set to get blasted.

props to the kids who got me lifted.

like i said the only time ill ever get high. when its free.

ps. i love nikki jean. and after tonight i remember, hip hop saved my life even though it aint my life right now

The show at the MSG was amazing. Lupe Fiasco was fantastic ( even if the stadium was only half-full..what the hell ), N.E.R.D was amazing, Rihanna was betterthen I expected, Kanye West was... perfect.

Team Scene was out strong last night. I was in section 337 and all around there was mostly a bunch of teenage white girls with side bangs!

I went nuts when Kanye West performed Heard Em Say for obvious reasons.
laugh.gif

Also, those expecting a special guest? Hope you enjoyed Chris Brown
laugh.gif

Ratings of the performances

Kanye > Rihanna> NERD > Lupe

Rihanna's was surprisingly much better than I expected. Lupe still needs to work on his stage performance. His set was definitely
short, and not as engaging as the rest. NERD did start to get people hyped like someone else mentioned....and Kanye was
ridiculous. Every single song was a highlight...

Anybody else couldn't hear +%## as soon as they walked out?
laugh.gif

Show was OFF da CHAIN! Lupe did his thing even though the arena appeared to be less than half full (like others have said, what the hell?!) N*E*R*D goteveryone crunk and Pharell's dancing was hilarious. Who else laughed when Rihanna asked "Any sexy fellas tonite?" & when like no oneanswered, she responded "That was disappointing."
laugh.gif

She did her thing, def. But lost me completely when "Unfaithful" & some other songs came on. The teenage girls were out in Full Force (Team Pedowould've had a field day), so they were really into it. Chris Brown being the ONLY special guest...
grin.gif

Finally there's the "biggest star in the world"
laugh.gif
'Ye's a fool! Everything I wanted & expected it to be. Lived up to the hype, forsure. Like KnightLovesQueen said though, SMH @ Me & MSG SWEARING that Jay was gonna appear when Diamonds came on.... he played the remix though, that'swhat really got me. I guess he (Kanye) didn't want to be upstaged, which I don't blame him for. Yes, Lupe came out for "Touch the Sky" (whichwas awesome as well) but as much as I love Lupe, there's no question that Kanye is a MUCH, MUCH BIGGER star than he (word to half-empty arenas
smh.gif
smh.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
).

show was
eek.gif
pimp.gif

i enjoyed Lupe's act, set the rest of the night off
pimp.gif

Ye had everyone wildin with Good Life

only thing i didnt like was the crowd gave no room for an encore, crowd dipped out with the quickness once his set ended
laugh.gif
smh.gif

overall concert was amazing, all acts were
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LittlePeteWrigley

Show was OFF da CHAIN! Lupe did his thing even though the arena appeared to be less than half full (like others have said, what the hell?!) N*E*R*D got everyone crunk and Pharell's dancing was hilarious. Who else laughed when Rihanna asked "Any sexy fellas tonite?" & when like no one answered, she responded "That was disappointing."
laugh.gif

She did her thing, def. But lost me completely when "Unfaithful" & some other songs came on. The teenage girls were out in Full Force (Team Pedo would've had a field day), so they were really into it. Chris Brown being the ONLY special guest...
grin.gif

Finally there's the "biggest star in the world"
laugh.gif
'Ye's a fool! Everything I wanted & expected it to be. Lived up to the hype, for sure. Like KnightLovesQueen said though, SMH @ Me & MSG SWEARING that Jay was gonna appear when Diamonds came on.... he played the remix though, that's what really got me. I guess he (Kanye) didn't want to be upstaged, which I don't blame him for. Yes, Lupe came out for "Touch the Sky" (which was awesome as well) but as much as I love Lupe, there's no question that Kanye is a MUCH, MUCH BIGGER star than he (word to half-empty arenas
smh.gif
smh.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
).
roll.gif
@ the sexy fellas thing....my section was full of teenage whitechicks and white dudes....we ALL
indifferent.gif
'd that...like hell no imnot cheering to be a sexy guy
roll.gif

i've never seen more terrible dancing or offbeat clapping in my life....but um wow this show was completely amazing....kanye's part is completelyridiculous....from the energey to the story to the metaphor...and he completely bodied I Wonder
sick.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif

Rhianna killed more than i expected...as did NERD and Lupe...anti/spaz/everyone nose break downs live =
eek.gif

off topic...cameras and weed everywhere...all i saw was clouds coming out of the ground lvl and my section (section 94)...the girls were OUT tho...did any onesee them retro %!*# with all the super bright #*#%...three of em one dude with em...they were kinda official...

Lupe had his gold plaque.
pimp.gif

Now I have a serious headache and can't hear +##+. Best concert in the history of concerts!

laugh.gif
@"Where the sexy guys at?"

roll.gif

And the couple in front of me was blowing heavy. I literally caught contact. There was so much weed in MSG last night. Zach Randolph would have been in heaven.

I nearly passed out when Lupe came out for Touch the Sky. @$@% got me amped.

Anyone else see Anthony Anderson? That's my celeb siting.
laugh.gif
Cons and John Legend were near me too.

Anywho... most fun I've had in a while. Everyone was having a good time.
eek.gif
@all the diamonds thrown up during Diamonds. Crazy.

A+!

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Also...during Lupe's set everyone went hard with the "stack that cheese!".
laugh.gif
roll.gif
yesssir....i beasted on that too....i saw JL Cons...andWALEEEEEEEEE i almsot said what up but i chose to not be a groupie
laugh.gif

I have seen Kanye on multiple occasions. Back when I was able to score a ticket for the College Dropout Tour for like $20. From then it was where I reallygained all of my appreciation for him. there is nothing like seeing an artist live, for me, it can really make or break my liking for the artist. But Kanyereally sets it off, you can see the passion eh puts behind all of his work when he is on that stage, he knows exactly what people want to see and how they wantto see it.

This concert was by far the best one I have seen him do and I have been to about 5 Kanye shows. It was his first time really headlining a major tour. I believehe really set the bar for other performers with this. I don't know too many other artists that could do it like him.

Everything else was perfect. I wouldn't change a thing. This was the first time I saw Lupe, N.E.R.D. and Rhianna live and they all lived up to thereexpectations.

Next time any of the 4 come back around I will be there.

I know Lupe will be at S.O.B.s tonight. Is anyone going?

^ I'm going to that tonight
smile.gif
. Anybody else say "Go, go, go, go, go, go" when Lupe cut the beat? I felt like an idiot, still did it though.

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

^ I'm going to that tonight
smile.gif
. Anybody else say "Go, go, go, go, go, go" when Lupe cut the beat? I felt like an idiot, still did it though.

i did it liek twice then stopped...i felt like a lame

lupe almost suffocated himself on that song though..son veins was getting bigger and bigger on the screen i thought he was gona fall out
eek.gif

honestly...i hate lupe until last night, dude got mad swag. he commanded the stage. rear you see a hip hop cat like that...kudos

NERD...i was out of the loop lmao i didnt know what the hell was going on at anytime during his set. i felt like i was "old man" in there ...shame.however, shout out to the young spanish chickthat was getting it in with the "old man" during the performance...sexy 17yo %!$

Ri--Ri...smooth. not my thing though, and shes a hell of a cover singer

kanye..fire, no doubt a true concert experience to the fullest

Back
Top Bottom