[| -- Official 2008 "Glow In The Dark" Tour: KanYe, Lupe, N.E.R.D. & Rihanna Post -- |]

wth is up with that shhh?? Dude doesnt come out the first couple of dates...then comes out and keeps coming out for all the middle dates...now only a coupleshows left...and dude ISNT coming out again?...kanye make up your damn mind.

Since they are postponing that Cincy date to august, do you think all of the artists are going to add more stops on the tour? I can't imagine themdeparting and then coming back together over 1 1/2 month break for one show...

please someone who is going to the GITD tour, help a brotha out with that purple seeing sounds tee in a large, i would compensate and return the fav. IF it isany easier , im located around philly for any of you local heads. Thanks in advance. pm me

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Yooooo I heard the last couple of shows Lupe has NOT been coming out for Touch the Sky...??

the hell???

went to both san jose concerts and he didnt come out during EITHER of them -_-
Which is one of my major complaints about this show. Dont get me wrong, I thought it was great. But for Ye to not collaborate with Lupe and Pharrell atall is ridiculous.

Kanye just MURDERED Staples Center.. Ive never seen 1 person kill a live set like that minus Mike Jackson.. No Hypeman, No Dancers.. Lupe came out for touchthe sky! (Maybe Kanye Does read NT)

Lupe-Great job in a 60% capacity crowd.. great opening energy

NERD-WOWZER.. energy was amazing.. the chicks P had on stage
pimp.gif
and the live drummers..
eek.gif

Rhianna- Good.. she is dope looking. and pretty good sounding live. but all her songs are still on the radio 3534234324543 times a day so it wasnt toospecial.. wifey loved it tho. Umbrella was great.. where was Chris Brown tho??

Highlight of the night.. Latina chick in row 1 Section 108 that was so drunk that she threw up and passed out 10 min before Kanye got on. she kept going up anddown the stairs then it was over.. Red Jackets told them they had to go.. and her dude had to carry her up to the first aid spot... she was wearing a smallskirt and i got my peek.. then slapped by wifey..

Strict No Camera policy so sorry no pics..

And I knew Lu was gonna come out during TTS just BECAUSE IT WAS LOS ANGELES.

Dude better come out tomorrow or Im'a be heeeeeeeeated.

Second time watching the show tonight at in LA...it was BANANAS. Does anyone know what Kanye was preaching about for 5 minutes at the very end? I couldn'treally hear him.

Originally Posted by alife epidemix

Second time watching the show tonight at in LA...it was BANANAS. Does anyone know what Kanye was preaching about for 5 minutes at the very end? I couldn't really hear him.

if it was the same as the san jose show last night, he talked about how the media portrays him, about being criticized for wanting to be better than pastartists, about the reviews the concert has received, his ego, and him wanting to be the best musician of today...typical kanye stuff

im kind of pissed that lupe didnt come out for touch the sky at either of the san jose shows...

It was crazy tonight at Staples.... Kanyes b-day party after the concert..... Snoop, Luda, megan good and other celebes were at the kings locker roomcelebrating his birthday... i was wearing the silver LV suit if anybody seen me....

my girl works for LV Moet Hennessy... If u seen her it would make your eyes tear.....I was wearing Cazal glasses and LV shoes to match the suit. NTboy....Pharrell was ridin his GT dyno backstage... clownin....and when I asked him about Ben...
indifferent.gif

was @ the san jose one on the 6th,i had floor seats which were awesome but we were off 2 the side by like the 20th row,awesome seats but security wasCONSTANTLY patrolling,i woulda thought they woulda been coo but everytime they saw a camera they would go over and tell the person to stop taping. its likethey got the most uptight people to do security that nite(noone was bobbin their heads or anythng,just lookng for cameras,the people behind me were blazing andthey didnt even trip
indifferent.gif
. concert was off the hook,felt bad for lupewho couldnt get his mic to work so he changed up the intro,he was visibly pissed(the orginal intro was hott,but he stopped it because of the mic problem)
kanye was amazing,i think he will eventually sell out stadiums and ultmately become one of the greatest performers ever,i mean no dance moves,no hypeman,nodancers or background singers and he still owned the stage....i was like DAMN thats pretty
pimp.gif
eek.gif

best part for me was "get em High" he bascically let the audience rap the first verse to him in unison, "good morning" "diamonds""i wonder" were also
pimp.gif

i wanted to hear "drive slow" school spirit" "late" "bring me down" and "glory" but im not complaing @ all, heEXCEEDED my expectations even after watching the concert vids,its alot different when your there and you feel the bass from the ground up.
after awhile me and my gf stopped trying to attempt to tape,and just enjoyed the concert to the fullest(i mean we were on the floor after all) had we been upmore and in the middle i woulda taped for sure. but my gf got like a minute of that rant kanye did at the end of the concert, alot of what he said made sensein terms of why cant someone else top the people who are considered the greatest,he was basically saying the world holds on to the past so much that it willnever grow and progress the way it should,like why cant he be better than john lennon??
heres the vid

Originally Posted by alife epidemix

Second time watching the show tonight at in LA...it was BANANAS. Does anyone know what Kanye was preaching about for 5 minutes at the very end? I couldn't really hear him.
He basically said what the he said in the video posted above. To never let people tell you what you can and can't do, people want people to havelow self esteem and when someone has high self esteem it is looked down upon.. that he isn't just focused on that RAP thing but rather the entertainment,he isn't caught up in the status of the Lennons, Madonnas, etc. and that he is "coming after them and taking their spot", and also said that itwas really all about the music - without it there would be no stage, no fans, etc etc.

- Lupe's energy was nice for being the first one on stage and trying to getting the crowd pumped.
- N.E.R.D was dope. Spazz live =
eek.gif
... No Chris Brown, but Omarion was upthere.
- Rihanna was cool as well... sounds good live.
- Kanye was off the hook.

I need the glow in the dark versions of the songs... whatever he did with Flashing Lights and others was
sick.gif
. I was trippin' out tho' when he did "Get 'Em High" andhis voice was deep as hell. Spaceship..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Man, I gotta say, the 2nd time was around is sooo much better LOL

I sat about 20 rows from front row in section 107 on the floor. I can't believe I was able to get floor seats for about $120 after taxes and conveniencecharges. My friend that works for the Clippers and Avengers was able to move his self and his girl about 5 rows from front row thanks to knowing and workingwith some of the purple ushers. At his original seats though he sat next to Dodgers catcher Russell Martin, who offered to buy him a beer.
laugh.gif
, he doesn'tdrink though. I sat 3 rows behind Rev Run's daughter Angela, but she was ignoring me calling her name
frown.gif

I was able to get a lot of good video and some pictures. I swear, I was filming a movie till after Can't Tell Me Nothing, were I finally got caught lol.
laugh.gif

I'll upload some videos though.

Oh, best way to sneak in a camera...put it in a girl's purse. They hardly check it. People were being sent back to their cars for trying to sneak in theircamera and here I am taking videos and pictures with a real camera inside.
laugh.gif
I was asked to "knock it off" and got mad shook that I would getkicked out...not twice, but 3 times.
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif
@ Russell Martin... I was in PR11.. the level was pretty good so theview of the entire set was nice.

Anyway, I didn't get a camera into Staples so everything I took was off my phone. I copied the videos to my computer but the audio is missing. It'sin mp4 format.. anyone know anything I can do to get the audio working?

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Yooooo I heard the last couple of shows Lupe has NOT been coming out for Touch the Sky...??

the hell???

went to both san jose concerts and he didnt come out during EITHER of them -_-
Which is one of my major complaints about this show. Dont get me wrong, I thought it was great. But for Ye to not collaborate with Lupe and Pharrell at all is ridiculous.

word. i was waiting for touch the sky alllll night and when lupe didnt come out it damn near ruined the whole kanye part of the show for me.

The Staples show was crazy! I wish they release this concert on DVD even though I heard Kanye said he wouldn't.

It was dope when he performed homecoming.

Back
Top Bottom