OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

Another poorly pitched game by Penny that we almost got him the win because of our run support. He gonna have to get his +*%* together because we cant go outthere and score 7-8 runs everytime he has to pitch. We shoulda had that one but its all good you cant win em all. come back 2night to take the series, we stillgood.

nice little comeback win.

not sure what lester's deal is. he needs to take some time and figure it out. bullpen did it tonight, not pretty, but they got it done.

van every...welcome to the bigs
pimp.gif

We got to stop getting in these slugfests. I like that we can pull them off because of our good hitting but I dont want to have to go out every night and haveto score 7+ runs just to win the game. We can still go out and score the 7+ but I only wannt see the opponents wit 3 or less. It would make watching games muchmore stress free if that were the case. The bullpen is solid we just have to get our starters in line and well be good.

yeah starting pitching has not been what i expected it to be...lot of struggling so far. who would have though wakefield would be the best guy in the rotationafter a month
laugh.gif

Josh Beckett, RHP (2-1, 6.00) v Matt Garza, RHP (1-2, 4.97)

Justin Masterson, RHP (2-0, 2.70) v Andy Sonnanstine, RHP (0-3, 7.78)

Tim Wakefield, RHP (2-1, 1.86) v Jeff Niemann, RHP (2-2, 4.43)

Brad Penny, RHP (2-0, 8.66) v James Shields, RHP (2-2, 3.74)

The only matchup I dont like for this weekend is Penny vs Shields. Thats their Ace against a guy who we have to score 9 runs for just to stay in the game. Andthat is surprising that he is 2-0. I knew we were giving him a lot of run support but I didnt know it was that much.

was away all weekend at a wedding. good to see we're not gonna get swept by the damn rays.

Not a good series, hopefully we can save face and have a little comeback here in the 9th. Either way the bats just weren't working aside from game 3. Timeto go see how that new Yankees stadium treats us.

Man, I wish he would've taken that deep after that dumb fan robbed Longoria... How do homefield fans rob their own players? Even when you have the guysname on your shirt?!
eek.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by nnarum

Man, I wish he would've taken that deep after that dumb fan robbed Longoria... How do homefield fans rob their own players? Even when you have the guys name on your shirt?!
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

idiots

let's bring the rivalry to the new stadium in style tonight...do work

what's with the two game mini series. i hate these...

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

let's bring the rivalry to the new stadium in style tonight...do work

what's with the two game mini series. i hate these...

Yea and against the Yankees. What kinda +#*+ is that.Yankees series should be mandatory 3+. But its all good we'll be in the Yankee thread full force2night. lookin for 5-0 against the Yankees so far this season.

O and just think of the NY media headlines. Lets get it

LETS GO SOX

laugh.gif

my boy in NY said rain is on the menu tonight...wonder if we'll get the game on

Double header 2morrow? that went well for us against the twins in their 2 game series. but dammit i dont want a rain out im tryin to watch some SOX/Yanks2nite. looks like I may have to be held ove by the damn celtics and lakers 2nite.

Back
Top Bottom