OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

yeah i love the "new" away jerseys with the navy blue sleeves worn underneath

But then your beloved Sox look too much like the Yankees. Is that what you want??
roll.gif
roll.gif

The Boston road jerseys last year looked much better, imo.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

yeah i love the "new" away jerseys with the navy blue sleeves worn underneath

But then your beloved Sox look too much like the Yankees. Is that what you want??
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

so jerry remy is recovering from cancer surgery...explains why he hasnt been doing games. that was news to me

well i'll be out of town for a few days so i wont be updating the title until next week...but hopefully we bounce back from tonight

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

I'll be at the game solo tonight with my #24 jersey on...
pimp.gif
good man

i've still rocked my manny jersey to games even after he left town on a sour note...i still got love for the dude. this postive test just kills me. ruinsmy day

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

I'll be at the game solo tonight with my #24 jersey on...
pimp.gif
good man

i've still rocked my manny jersey to games even after he left town on a sour note...i still got love for the dude. this postive test just kills me. ruins my day

Hah same, I've been the biggest Manny Fan since he's been here, but after he's been bashing Boston even at the start of this season, i'veturned on him. Always will love his days in Boston though. Also picked up my "Manny Being Suspended" T-shirt after the game.
smokin.gif

I never understood why NO ONE makes a big deal with Papelbon's celebrations and everyone dumps on Joba. Morgan, Miller and Phillips laughing it up saying"at least he's having fun" and all this malarky but when Joba does it, everyone gets their panties in a bunch.

I mean he's a great pitcher and he pitched a terrific inning to get out of the jam but come on with the celebration ease it up.

Pap once again puts himself in a jam and gets out of it. He must like the adrenaline rush.
laugh.gif

Bay is clutch as hell once again.

I hope Pedroia is ok.

whew Pap makin things hard to watch again. But we came out of it with the win so its all good.

And Proshares one of the announcers did say he didnt like the celebrating. People always complain about Pap saying its too much but on %*%@ like that i reallydont have a problem with it. Just like I didnt have a problem with it when Joba did it when he had 12 Ks that was a career day go ahead and get pumped. theonly thing funny about it was he was fist pumping yet he still took an L that game. I have no problem with celebrating you just look like *$% if you arentwinning the game/end up losing

^ How did the brown man in Ireland thing go for you?

laugh.gif
I've heard they're extremely racist in Southern Ireland.

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
roll.gif

so like i always do, i had people guess what country they thought i was from. i got algerian for the first time from this one broad who also said i looked likethierry henry. but in general everyone was friendly. i did hear a couple n bombs dropped, but not towards me. they were being yelled at fellow irish dudes
laugh.gif

Aight time to bring this one back to the top for the Angels series. Ska we comin for ya. I kinda expect someone to get hit in the series because of the scufflethe last time we faced them. But its all good. We comin off our first series win over the Rays (thank god, I dont know why we are the only team having troublewith them this year) and its time to start another win streak. Lets get it

LETS GO SOX.

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
roll.gif

so like i always do, i had people guess what country they thought i was from. i got algerian for the first time from this one broad who also said i looked like thierry henry. but in general everyone was friendly. i did hear a couple n bombs dropped, but not towards me. they were being yelled at fellow irish dudes
laugh.gif

So you got in there huh?

laugh.gif

We have to lead the league in 7th inning or later comebacks. I love the wins but its startin to hurt my heart having to sit there the whole game to see ourbats come alive. But pitching is starting to get better we arent giving up a lot of 6+ run games. It just seems like when the pitching is bad the hitting isgood. Hey I cant complain a win is a win no matter how ugly or late it comes in the game.

LETS GO SOX

And deadset definitely got it in if people was thinkin he looked like Henry.

so the bruins loss crushed me. i was MIA for a bit.

let's put the jays in their place tomorrow night!

Now this is the +$%+ test for the Jays, if we can split this we will be in good shape.

Hopefully Jason Bay will go in a slump to help us out.
laugh.gif

^ correct me if im wrong, but i believe we miss big roy, right? that would be nice

let's do this...

Game 1: Brian Tallet, LHP (2-1, 4.68) @ Tim Wakefield, RHP (4-2, 4.03)
Game 2: Brett Cecil, LHP (2-0, 1.80) @ Brad Penny, RHP (3-1, 6.69)
Game 3: Robert Ray, RHP (1-1, 3.60) @ Jon Lester, LHP (2-4, 6.51)

let's see if we can head funk the jays and send them into a tailspin
laugh.gif

teaser for friday:

Johan Santana, LHP (5-2, 1.36) @ Daisuke Matsuzaka, RHP (0-1, 12.79)

papi's back in the lineup tonight, hopefully he can get things turned around. would be nice to have him back in form.

lugo is also back in the lineup
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom