OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

Wake with another solid outing.
pimp.gif

Another great game from Wake like you said. But I still get butterflies in my stomach when he has to pitch because of how hit or miss hes been throughout hiscareer.
It just feels good that we have enough good pitchers that we even have to entertain the thought of having a 6 man rotation.

So how you guys think the 6 man rotations gonna work out? Too much rest?

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Another great game from Wake like you said. But I still get butterflies in my stomach when he has to pitch because of how hit or miss hes been throughout his career.
It just feels good that we have enough good pitchers that we even have to entertain the thought of having a 6 man rotation.

So how you guys think the 6 man rotations gonna work out? Too much rest?
it's gonna be interesting with smoltz coming to the rotation. do you force dice k to hit the DL if he sucks against ATL, do you put him in thebullpen (no way), or do you move wake to the pen? with wake being our most consistent starter, i think you have to throw dice k onto the DL, until you tradepenny or decide smoltz isn't gonna work out as a starter. lot of options...and buchholz has to get a shot soon. he's wasting his arm down in AAA rightnow.

it's a good problem to have...

There's no way they throw Dice-K on the DL. The dropped way too much $$ to get him, throwing him out of the starting rotation makes you look very bad. Isay they keep him unless he gets worse.

All politics aside, I'd throw him in the bullpen but I can't see that happening.

^ yeah. basically right now he's a $50 million problem. if does well against ATL, it's really gonna make things complicated.

the only problem with dice k in the pen is there is no way he can be used in situations where runners are on. dude loves being able to walk people and toy withhitters. he rarely goes right at someone.

if smoltz does well...penny has to be traded i think. there just not enough room.

Yea I got a feeling Penny getting traded is gonna be what happens. but at this point what do we want. Theres not much out there as far as being talked aboutguys on the move, at his point. Obviously a couple weeks ago it was prolly Huff but now that Ortiz seems to be back in a groove those thoughts might be dead.But in the league when you lookin to trade good pitching, deals can come out of nowhere. But theres still prolly 15-20 more days till trade talks start gettingserious and well start seeing moves. Its still early

are there any solid shortstops that any teams are willing to part with? even there, nick green has been fine, lowrie set to return. lugo's bat has woken upa bit, but he still blows defensively.

we really are fine right now just the way we are. dice k just needs to figure it out and papelbon could get a little sharper, but all in all it's lookinggood, for now

the only problem with dice k in the pen is there is no way he can be used in situations where runners are on. dude loves being able to walk people and toy with hitters. he rarely goes right at someone.
That's a good point. I was in the Dice-K to the bullpen camp but maybe that's not such a good idea.

:Lol it feels like just a running text message convo. but its all good when the playoffs roll around we will get some more followers/haters. So we ready.

IDK but hes gonna make it hard to give him up unless we get some nice compensation. We have 5 pitchers pitching real well right now. It looks like Smoltz mayneed to head to the bullpen after a few starts. Hell with Smotlz in the bullpen we gonna have games locked after the 6th. Ramirez 7, Smoltz 8, and Pap 9.

yeah youk has been cold lately.

looks like the nats are gonna blow a late lead AGAIN
smh.gif

Yanks lose on a double play by Cano. with runners on the corners beautiful. Thats all I asked for is one win by the Nats. If they can get 2morrow that wouldjust b iceing on the cake

Now lets finish this out on our end

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Varitek you sloppy SOB
roll.gif

seriously...we're sending him home on a single to center? really? really? tell me he ran the stop sign, word to manny
laugh.gif

roll.gif

I mean you are a catcher. You had to know he was gonna block the plate. If your not gonna slide or try to run him over AT LEAST hop over his ankle.

Back
Top Bottom