OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

laugh.gif
Yea Kerry is perfect for Kindergartners nap time.

DS I hope you got pics of the game, That %+$+ musta felt like a home game. Looks like no Nationals fans in sight.

And here goes a PS for my %@@$% DS for his boy Pop-N-Fresh,

He didnt get the win but he didnt do terrible so I couldnt post the bad PS

Thank god we get a break from Eck
Get outta here, I like Eck.
laugh.gif

The limit is 50 for most people. Some people have a 25 post limit. Don't worry, 50 is pretty hard to hit unless you're THB.

Word? you like Eck, I think he just talks out his *%# sometimes.

And Elsbury was doin it tonight 4 hits 2 of them triples. And the first one almost got away and gave him an inside the parker.

Yeah, he definitely talks out of his %$$ but he's pretty entertaining to say the least.
laugh.gif

How the hell did the Yankees manage to get shut out by this team? They give up 5.6 runs a game.

I have no idea. Its really starting to get hard to not go in there and talk *+%$. I just dont want to give them any ammo if they make the East race close atthe end of the season. Its still way too early to be rubbing it in. If we can get by July with a good lead in the division then ill feel a little morecomfortable.

wow. crazy night.

1) good win of course...great to just pile it on late. any nats fans that were around were headed to the exits after that 6 spot.
2) yes sir AIF...def. felt like a home game. not only in the stadium, but i rode the metro (DC subway) to the game and the train was just all red sox fans. iloved it.
3) some RANGERS fan actually tried to get on me for cheering for the sox and yelling down at the nationals' bullpen...ridiculous
4) i had to squash some nonsense on the metro on the ride home when someone called my jersey blasphemous. i rocked a manny jersey. blasphemous? $#+%!. imsorry, he may have been a DB during the last month or so that he was in boston, but manny ramirez imo is untouchable in red sox lore/history. the fact that youcan forget about him with such ease truly shows how long you've been a red sox fan.

here we go with the pics...nothing too crazy from where i was sitting. first row in the "scoreboard pavilion". it was like the second deck in theright-center. enjoy the last pic...taken from the subway...and yes she's wearing an ellsbury shirt
laugh.gif

n1400920_35866165_2267426.jpg

4981_610107687155_1400920_35866166_7208352_n.jpg

4981_610107747035_1400920_35866167_2365058_n.jpg

4981_610107806915_1400920_35866174_4426708_n.jpg

b695rs.jpg

btw - just to add...the bay homer was a bomb. may have not looked like anything spectacular on TV...but as soon as he hit that, i stood up with my arms up. itwas a shot. and the ellsbury triple was just ripped over the center fielder's (scrub harris) head.

i will say, the nationals have a nice little park. it's nothing spectacular, but it's nice. great food options as well.

just saw the replay and highlights...the nick green double play
eek.gif
...i didn't realize he actually fell to the ground on that spin move, it looked like hejust spun from where i was. man lugo is sooo done with this team
laugh.gif

Yea its a wrap for Lugo. And most likely with Nick Greens emergence Lowry wont see as much playing time or we could offer him in a deal somewhere. Again I dontknow what we want or need since were pretty stack right now. I do know that we are gonna need another corner infielder n a year or so because Lowell just isntcutting it. It could be either a first baseman or 3rd since Youk can play both very well. I just dont know whats out there. But again with us dangling goodpitchers and good young talent anything is possible.

Thanx for the ammo incase the season stays on this path. But I cant start trash talking just yet. Its too early I dont want to have to eat any crow later.

But I will agree that you are playing atrocious right now. And quite enjoyable for me at the moment. Before coming into the last series with us you guys had somuch swag. Like no game was ever over. You had like 3 or 4 walkoffs in a week. And I dont know what happened, well I do but I didnt think it would affect yalike it has.

laugh.gif
onewearz...it's too early in the season, or not late enough, for me to go in on you guys (pause)

Originally Posted by onewearz

42933421.jpg

im in so much pain right now .........

You're only 5 games back and it's not even July.
laugh.gif

But yeah, you guys do look like !*@% right now.

"BIG PAPI" is officially back. He is no longer known as David Ortiz anymore, he has officially earned Big Papi again.

Welcome back my man

thank god we secured this series against the nats
laugh.gif

hopefully smoltz can lock down the sweep for us
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Can we talk for a second about how Tek is somehow not batting .100? I'm pleasantly surprised.
laugh.gif

i dont even wanna go there....i feel like if i even mention it he'll go back to last year

the Nats showed some pride tonight. pounding the Sox and avoiding the sweep.
pimp.gif

you guys got to witness the defensive wizardry of Ryan Zimmerman
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Yea its a wrap for Lugo. And most likely with Nick Greens emergence Lowry wont see as much playing time or we could offer him in a deal somewhere. Again I dont know what we want or need since were pretty stack right now. I do know that we are gonna need another corner infielder n a year or so because Lowell just isnt cutting it. It could be either a first baseman or 3rd since Youk can play both very well. I just dont know whats out there. But again with us dangling good pitchers and good young talent anything is possible.

Are you saying Nick Green's emergence is going to take Lowry's PT? Or did you mean both Nick Green and Lowry are going to put Lugo out of the picture? It seems like you are saying Green is going to take PT away from Lowry but your post starts off with "It's a wrap for Lugo" so I am kindaconfused. I do agree that Lugo is pretty much done but Green is just keeping the spot warm until Lowry can come back.

I don't know what they can do with Lugo though, probably ship him off for nothing special and end up paying most of his monster deal just to get rid ofhim.

i think lugo becomes a throw in for any deal made prior to the deadline. he's a bum...i cannot wait for lowrie to get back so we just see him and green.

shaky start for smoltz, but he settled down.

Originally Posted by stima33

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Yea its a wrap for Lugo. And most likely with Nick Greens emergence Lowry wont see as much playing time or we could offer him in a deal somewhere. Again I dont know what we want or need since were pretty stack right now. I do know that we are gonna need another corner infielder n a year or so because Lowell just isnt cutting it. It could be either a first baseman or 3rd since Youk can play both very well. I just dont know whats out there. But again with us dangling good pitchers and good young talent anything is possible.

Are you saying Nick Green's emergence is going to take Lowry's PT? Or did you mean both Nick Green and Lowry are going to put Lugo out of the picture? It seems like you are saying Green is going to take PT away from Lowry but your post starts off with "It's a wrap for Lugo" so I am kinda confused. I do agree that Lugo is pretty much done but Green is just keeping the spot warm until Lowry can come back.

I don't know what they can do with Lugo though, probably ship him off for nothing special and end up paying most of his monster deal just to get rid of him.
I should have gone to a new paragraph. But basically just saying lugo is done and he prolly wont see the field again unless we need some speed onthe bases or something late in a game, then going into something about Lowry and Green.

But while I dont know if Green could actually take his spot on a daily basis, I do think Lowry wont have to be our everyday SS because Green is playing well inhis absense.

Back
Top Bottom