OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

papelbon unavailable today as he threw 30+ pitches yesterday...look for saito to take on the closer role. maybe okajima depending on the batter.

ramon ramirez has been impressive so far...hope he keeps it up

benches clearing in anaheim..............

abreu calls time late, it's granted, beckett continues and throws up over abreu's head
laugh.gif

no punches thrown tho...no ejections...lame

EDIT: torii hunter ejected

scocia's trying to get beckett ejected
laugh.gif

justin spier has been trying to fight his way thru the crowd and get to beckett

angel's players are all trying to just go at beckett....scocia is doing a good job getting guys back to the dugout tho.

can't wait to see the retaliation.

beckett did throw pretty close to abreu's head...but i dunno...no reason to think it's intentional. they need to release the ball if they're inmid-windup

Originally Posted by Kookcle

^ still throw it out somewhere not near his head
eyes.gif
for sure...but you see a lot of times when that happens the ball goes up. still...def. not a good move on beckett's part

Yo, I'm sorry, but how the hell was Beckett not tossed?

What a !*#!$+%*$.

Originally Posted by bkmac

What a !*#!$+%*$.
laugh.gif

i think if the umps got to watch replay, it might have happened. but again, whenever pitchers finish a windup when time is called, the ball usually travels up.but abreu has every right to be pissed, no doubt.

YOUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK with the bomb
pimp.gif

DREWWWWWWWWWWWWWW with the bomb
pimp.gif

back to back jacks
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by bkmac

What a !*#!$+%*$.
laugh.gif

i think if the umps got to watch replay, it might have happened. but again, whenever pitchers finish a windup when time is called, the ball usually travels up. but abreu has every right to be pissed, no doubt.
The ball usually travels up? Dude, it looks like he deliberately threw at Abreu's head.

well im just saying man...they usually don't follow thru completely, so the ball goes up.

i'm not saying what he did was completely innocent...even our own announcers are like, "not sure why he threw it there..."

laugh.gif

im waiting for the retaliation...but scocia is a class dude so i wouldnt be surprised if his squad didn't do anything about it

our hitters just better not call time mid-windup
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kookcle

I guess he still sees the pinstripes on Bobby
laugh.gif

That's what I'm thinking Beckett gets angry as $#!+ when he sees those blue and white pinstripes
laugh.gif

ok this is getting pathetic...how am i the only one posting in here...well me and one yankees fan
laugh.gif

AI, jd617, and company...where you at homeys
nerd.gif
My bad. Been busy with the holidays this weekend didnt get to watch the two loses but I watched Saturdays game. I cant comment on out lossesbecause honestly I wasnt watching. Are we just getting fooled at the plate? Or are our pitchers just not finding a good groove. I mean on saturday Pennydidnt look that great and neither did the bats but we pulled it off because of the long ball. A win is a win but that one wasnt all that pretty.

But yea deadset IDK how you be here for every game. I cant be on NT that long while watching the game. But good looks to you for trying to keep this thingafloat.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

ok this is getting pathetic...how am i the only one posting in here...well me and one yankees fan
laugh.gif

AI, jd617, and company...where you at homeys
nerd.gif
My bad. Been busy with the holidays this weekend didnt get to watch the two loses but I watched Saturdays game. I cant comment on out losses because honestly I wasnt watching. Are we just getting fooled at the plate? Or are our pitchers just not finding a good groove. I mean on saturday Penny didnt look that great and neither did the bats but we pulled it off because of the long ball. A win is a win but that one wasnt all that pretty.

But yea deadset IDK how you be here for every game. I cant be on NT that long while watching the game. But good looks to you for trying to keep this thing afloat.
laugh.gif
no worries man. my job has me at a desk all day (at least mon-thurs). there can be a lot of downtime. so im on here a ton. i know most ofy'all are in college...i wouldn't be on NT all the time either
laugh.gif

so far the bats have been fairly quiet. our hitters don't look as patient as they were last year. ellsbury in particular needs to look at more pitches andlearn to foul balls off. pitching wise...we're doing ok. penny made a couple mistakes on longballs...as well as dice k...but other than that, they shouldbe ok. lester will rebound. beckett was just riled up yesterday which probably took away from his concentration a bit.

ortiz is the one spot that worries me. i know he starts slow, but man. for someone who is supposedly healthy, he is worrying me.

on to oakland.....

O ok sounds like maybe we just a little slow to start. We should be able to take care of Oakland and take our first series.

i heard oakland is throwing 3 lefties at us...if that's true...hopefully lowrie can break out a bit. he hits better from the right side

another brilliant game...offensively of course
laugh.gif

this team needs to wake the hell up...

Ok thats enough of this thread. let this @*#* die cuz this is getting rediculous. We havnt had a season thread ever that I can remember so lets just let thisdie/ lock it up. Its startin to get a lil frustrating.

laugh.gif

it's early still. as soon as the celtics and bruins are done...we'll get JD, pga tour, bjm, etc back in here...

Back
Top Bottom