OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

Well, Vic isn't going anywhere then.
laugh.gif

Heard the Sox acquired Adam LaRoche.

Any idea who the Pirates are getting in return?

Yankees and Red Sox need to sign a player development contract with the Pirates imo...

Reports: Pirates trade LaRoche
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

The Pittsburgh Pirates traded first baseman Adam LaRoche to the Boston Red Sox on Wednesday, according to multiple reports.

The Pirates will receive minor league shortstop Argenis Diaz and one other prospect in return for LaRoche, Foxsports.com reported.

In his sixth major league season, LaRoche is hitting .247 with 12 homers and 40 RBIs.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette first reported the trade.

Sounds like Lowell might be done. Youk will prolly move over to third and Laroche will play first. Lowell had been getting slow and he doesnt have the powerthat he used to.

^ yeah dude that's what im thinking. at the least, lowell will be getting A LOT of rest in the second half

Lowell looked like he might've re-injured his hip when he slid into home the other day.

i hope laroche can contribute...someone posted his stats from games played at fenway, not good. but it's a small number of at bats, so hopefully he canpick it up

Yea I gotta trust Theo tho. Hes made good decisions in the past. And apparently we have a knack for making mediocre playerssuperstars, so we'll see. But right now even a couple hits here and there is as good if not better than what Lowell has been producing the last month orso.

LaRoche in the second half = Good $$$$$

Career .300 hitter with a .900 OPS after the all-star break...

And Fenway plays pretty well for hitters, so I'd ignore that small sample almost entirely.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

LaRoche in the second half = Good $$$$$

Career .300 hitter with a .900 OPS after the all-star break...

And Fenway plays pretty well for hitters, so I'd ignore that small sample almost entirely.
pimp.gif
appreciate those stats, man

now if your damn rangers can avoid sweeping us, that'd be great

A bag of balls and some batting gloves > Lugo

I want OKB to post his rocket scientist defensive stats for Lugo.

sick.gif

Didn't you also say Jason Bay won't cut it in Boston Craftsy?
laugh.gif

LaRoche and Duncan are some great small moves for the Sawx for this 2nd half.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

laugh.gif

Have fun trying to figure out why they got him when he doesnt hit anything.

laugh.gif

my argument with Bay was based on the fact that I didn't think he could be a reliable power hitter the Bosox wanted him to be... i was wrong,he's been surprisingly good and apparently is flourishing in such an atmosphere. But if you had watched him as closely as I did in Pittsburgh, youwouldn't have thought he had it in him. He was looking like a guy on his way out of the league towards the end. Apparently he just wanted to be traded
laugh.gif

Laroche on the other hand - can't hit.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

laugh.gif

my argument with Bay was based on the fact that I didn't think he could be a reliable power hitter the Bosox wanted him to be... i was wrong, he's been surprisingly good and apparently is flourishing in such an atmosphere. But if you had watched him as closely as I did in Pittsburgh, you wouldn't have thought he had it in him. He was looking like a guy on his way out of the league towards the end. Apparently he just wanted to be traded
laugh.gif

Well here's hoping you are 2 for 2 on dumb predictions.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

laugh.gif

my argument with Bay was based on the fact that I didn't think he could be a reliable power hitter the Bosox wanted him to be... i was wrong, he's been surprisingly good and apparently is flourishing in such an atmosphere. But if you had watched him as closely as I did in Pittsburgh, you wouldn't have thought he had it in him. He was looking like a guy on his way out of the league towards the end. Apparently he just wanted to be traded
laugh.gif

Well here's hoping you are 2 for 2 on dumb predictions.
I liked Red Sox fans before they finally won a championship a few years back... most of you guys are just yankees fans in different colors now.
ohwell.gif

I feel you, LaRoche is
sick.gif

....but knowing the Red Sox luck, he will flourish (especially the 2nd half of this season).

i was hoping for a little more than laroche and duncan...but getting rid of lugo is a godsend
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom