OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Have fun trying to figure out why they got him when he doesnt hit anything.
But... your team acquired Julio Lugo. Advantage: Boston.
Deal will be announced soon...

Confirmed on the STL end:

Cardinals are not responsible for the $13.5 million that remains on Lugo's contract. Boston is eating that money. The Red Sox just wanted to get something in return.

Red Sox will also receive the infamous Player to Be Named Later -- or "cash considerations," but if it is a player it won't be a premium guy.

As for Lugo, I'm told plans are to use him at multiple INF positions. He will not start.

At least not right from the beginning.

-B

Advantage: St. Louis
wink.gif

As i said before.....Have fun with him

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Boston is taking on Duncan`s contract and is paying Lugo`s entire contract..........Advantage: St. Louis
wink.gif

wrong...lugo's remaining contract was a sunk cost...would have to be paid regardless after we cut him loose. so now we at least get somethingin return for cutting him loose.

advatange: red sox

lugo makes you a worse team, duncan really doesn't affect us in any shape or form because he's going to AAA

Where is Duncan and LaRoche going to play? Youk is at first, Lowell is at 3rd... Bay is in left, Jacoby in center, and JD in right...

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by nnarum

Where is Duncan and LaRoche going to play? Youk is at first, Lowell is at 3rd... Bay is in left, Jacoby in center, and JD in right...

nerd.gif

laroche will play first, youk to third. lowell apparently is banged up.

duncan to AAA pawtucket

Deal will be announced soon...

Confirmed on the STL end:

Cardinals are not responsible for the $13.5 million that remains on Lugo's contract. Boston is eating that money. The Red Sox just wanted to get something in return.

Red Sox will also receive the infamous Player to Be Named Later -- or "cash considerations," but if it is a player it won't be a premium guy.

As for Lugo, I'm told plans are to use him at multiple INF positions. He will not start.

At least not right from the beginning.

-B

Advantage: St. Louis
wink.gif

As i said before.....Have fun with him

He is going str8 to triple A. He will not hurt our squad. On the other hand you guys are actually going to use Lugo. And we was gonna have to paythat money either way atleast now we got something in exchange.

Advantage: Sox, really not even an arguement.

Originally Posted by nnarum

nerd.gif
Duncan is going str8 to AAA, and LaRoche will more than likely play 1st while Youk plays 3rd. Lowell's prduction is falling off and I think weare starting to transition away from him at 3rd. If we had gotten Texiera in the offseason Lowell would have had a permanent spot on the bench, so I think heis expendable right now.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Boston is taking on Duncan`s contract and is paying Lugo`s entire contract..........Advantage: St. Louis
wink.gif
wrong...lugo's remaining contract was a sunk cost...would have to be paid regardless after we cut him loose. so now we at least get something in return for cutting him loose.

lugo makes you a worse team, duncan really doesn't affect us in any shape or form because he's going to AAA

If it doesnt effect your team then tell me how the red sox got the best side of the deal??? Cardinals fans got what they wanted in letting Duncango........Lugo is hitting better than Duncan was PLUS we dont have to pay him.

Duncan is batting .227 on the year and Lugo is at .284 (If the coaches can get schumaker to be a 2nd basemen then im sure they can turn lugo into a respectableSS by the end of the season)

wait till you see lugo's "stellar" defense...that's how he makes you a worse team. just watch. and that bat of his is streaky as hell

wink.gif
wrong...lugo's remaining contract was a sunk cost...would have to be paid regardless after we cut him loose. so now we at least get something in return for cutting him loose.

If it doesnt effect your team then tell me how the red sox got the best side of the deal??? Cardinals fans got what they wanted in letting Duncan go........Lugo is hitting better than Duncan was PLUS we dont have to pay him.

Duncan is batting .227 on the year and Lugo is at .284 (If the coaches can get schumaker to be a 2nd basemen then im sure they can turn lugo into a respectable SS by the end of the season)

We'll see. They are coming to the AL, a change of scenery could be good for them... Don't be so negative.

wink.gif

If it doesnt effect your team then tell me how the red sox got the best side of the deal??? Cardinals fans got what they wanted in letting Duncan go........Lugo is hitting better than Duncan was PLUS we dont have to pay him.

Duncan is batting .227 on the year and Lugo is at .284 (If the coaches can get schumaker to be a 2nd basemen then im sure they can turn lugo into a respectable SS by the end of the season)

Keep hope alive buddy. He hasnt done it in 3+ seasons here.
51Y989R3G7L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

You guys have obviously never seen Duncan play left field........Believe me, Lugo will be more of an asset to our team than a liability.

TLR isnt dumb enough to have him play at shortstop as a starter, im sure we got him for his bat rather than his defense.

Anyone acquiring Lugo is not getting a better end of a deal.

Adding LaRoche allows Boston to rest anybody who might need an off day (ie Papi, Youk, Lowell, etc).....good trade to add another bat + depth.

O ok so now he is gonna be a pinch hitter huh? Ok Ok. NO
Just stop. Please. Sure I havnt seen him play left but I may never have to. You on the other hand WILL have to see Julio play SS.

So heres the door theres really no point in argueing this anymore since you arent going to change your stance. Just let me know how you like Lugo at the end ofthe season.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

O ok so now he is gonna be a pinch hitter huh? Ok Ok. NO
Just stop. Please. Sure I havnt seen him play left but I may never have to. You on the other hand WILL have to see Julio play SS.

So heres the door theres really no point in argueing this anymore since you arent going to change your stance. Just let me know how you like Lugo at the end of the season.
laugh.gif

"Red Sox dealing up a storm. Now have Chris Duncan (for Lugo). still scouting Victor Martinez, though," Heyman tweets.

No details yet on what it will take to get Martinez, other than continued interest from Cleveland in Clay Buchholz.

"Red Sox dealing up a storm. Now have Chris Duncan (for Lugo). still scouting Victor Martinez, though," Heyman tweets.

No details yet on what it will take to get Martinez, other than continued interest from Cleveland in Clay Buchholz.

i would probably be willing to trade buchholz or bowden. i'd like to keep masterson and bard though.

I think I would rather have Halladay than Vic. If we are willing to trade Buckholtz anyways I think him and maybe Bowden would be enough to land Halladay.

^ yeah

i hope it's not some crazy sense of desperation that makes me say i wouldnt mind trading buchholz or bowden...waaaay too early for desperation
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Laroche on the other hand - can't hit.
Always very bad in April, significantly better in May, and then picks it up from June 1 to the end of the year...

Career Post All-Star Break... .296/.357/.544

1 HR per ~17 ABs compared to 1 every ~26 ABs in the first half... Significantly better run production in the second half of a season... The guy is CASH in thesecond half of the year...

Whether or not that's a product of being so far out of the race there's no pressure the last half of the year or not is to be seen, but the numberssuggest the guy is a damn good hitter after the ASB...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Laroche on the other hand - can't hit.
Always very bad in April, significantly better in May, and then picks it up from June 1 to the end of the year...

Career Post All-Star Break... .296/.357/.544

1 HR per ~17 ABs compared to 1 every ~26 ABs in the first half... Significantly better run production in the second half of a season... The guy is CASH in the second half of the year...

Whether or not that's a product of being so far out of the race there's no pressure the last half of the year or not is to be seen, but the numbers suggest the guy is a damn good hitter after the ASB...
We'll see what happens.

We were told (as Pirates fans) that his slow starts every year were going to have us rewarded with crazy hitting the second half - and I just never saw it. Ihonestly don't know how he has any value AT ALL, i think he's THAT BAD... but somebody must believe in him still, so I'll give it the benefit ofthe doubt. He's just one of those guys I've questioned for 2.5 years now how he still has a job. Just defies everything my eyes tell me.

He's just one of those guys I've questioned for 2.5 years now how he still has a job.
You're a Pirates fan; you should know damn well the Pirates could do much worse than Adam LaRoche.

He just never seemed like he gave a damn.... never showed emotion when he was striking out 3 times a game or hitting into double plays. At leastguys like Jack and Freddy look (pretend?) like they care. That's when I really take issue with a player. He'll probably prove me wrong like Bay did,i mean it'd be tough to care in Pittsburgh.. but enh, other guys put their heart into it still. It's obviously not impossible, and we'll trade youif you do well so there IS incentive there.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom