OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

nz0z2p.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hopefully Duncan will have another trophy to hump this fall.

Just saw that impressive stat for Pap on Baseball Tonight.

8 = batters faced with the bases loaded in 2009

7 = strikeouts

40 = fastballs thrown

1 = fastball put in play

eek.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Just saw that impressive stat for Pap on Baseball Tonight.

8 = batters faced with the bases loaded in 2009

7 = strikeouts

40 = fastballs thrown

1 = fastball put in play

eek.gif
smh.gif
Yea its a good stat. However it doesnt help the fact that I damn near have a heart attack everytime he gets in the situation.

Good win last night, But the bats gotta start up again. We are hitting like +%!+ right now.

yeah great that we finally won...but damn. no offense and papelbon is shakier than michael j fox.

Nice win. Papi still rolling. And LaRoche......Welcome to the show.

Hopefully he can keep that up and Lowell can rest for the majority of the second half and be ready when needed come playoff race and October time. I got afeeling he is gonna be a good pick-up. Like what we were expecting from Kotsey but he never really panned out for us.

Well lets hope this is the start of a nice win streak. Lets finish the sweep this afternoon.

smoltz is done. i can see u guys letting him go if u do pick up another pitcher.........

Originally Posted by onewearz

smoltz is done. i can see u guys letting him go if u do pick up another pitcher.........
yeah. i mean dice k is getting stronger, allegedly, and wakefield is on the mend. as soon as they're back, he's done i think.

on a side note, how the hell does wakefield get injured pitching. his delivery is not stressful on the body at all. and it's not an arm issue. ohthat's right, he's like 95 years old, the body breaks down.

I think Wake got the "DL" because Buckholtz was coming up and although a 6 man rotation was talked about, I dont think they wanted to do that.

And yea Smoltz hasnt looked good except for the one outting against Baltimore. But I would like to forever forget that game. So as far as im concerned he hasntpitched well

rob schneider at the game
laugh.gif

maybe smoltz can be more effective out of the pen? i dunno.

Might as well give it a shot. We have enough starting pitchers anyways. Get some veteran leadership in the pen. And hes done it before so its not like it wouldbe demoralizing for him. But yea starting isnt getting the job done right now.

jason bay has gotten worse every month of the season...makes me wanna deck every person that says "eff manny, manny who?"

we def. need a bat right now...or maybe one of the overpaid bums in our lineup can start hitting again
laugh.gif

Reason # 279 that the NL is a joke: Lugo is 6 for 10 with a homer, a double, and 2 triples so far with the Cards.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom