OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Yo all I got to say is LETS GO.

That was crazy. Just makes it better that my boy is an Angels fan. So he gets it bad right now. And since it seems like this is a valid arguement. When we make the playoffs does the wildcard team automatically not get home field. Because we could very well have the second/first (that still isnt out of the question) best record in the AL. But say we do get the Wild Card would we have home field if we have a better record than the Angels.

Or just because they won their division would they get it? Those technicality rules get me confused sometimes.

The wild card winner never gets home field even if they have a better record than the team they're playing. Kind of sucks cause the Sox just moved ahead ofthe Angels.

Yea I was just checking. I couldnt remember anytime recently where that came into play and didnt really feel like doing the work to look it up.

O !%!% I did forget this was a nationally televised game. So everyone saw this. %%$% the Angels. Yankees we coming $%##%$
I cannot believe you are really proud of that victory.
roll.gif

At the end of the day it's another W, and we're cruising towards October. Gotta love the way the Sox are playing right now.

man. bottom line. another W. another L for the rangers and rays. playoffs are looking closer and closer every day
pimp.gif

Ugh.

I hate you guys.

O.K., not you guys. Sorry.

Your team can suck a fat one, though.

After scoring 1 yesterday and losing, we go out and put up an 8-spot today.

And lose.

On that little duck snort to left?!

mad.gif

Ugh.

Can somebody please tell me why he didnt dive? I didnt watch the game but i did see the highlights and it looked to me like a very catchable fly.

I wish you guys could play the Red Sox in the first round.

I'd be such a big Yankees fan.

I swear, I hate them.
frown.gif

Ska havnt seen you post in a minute. Glad we could bring you out. Couple thought now that im sobered up. I dont even know who was in right, but he definitelyshould have dove. That was a very catchable ball, and even if you didnt come up with it what harm it would have been no worse than letting it drop like he did.Secondly why was Saunders kept in so long for ya. Granted it ended up being a high scoring game. But when it was 3-0 why let it get to 5-3 before you take himout.

After we got the first two guys on 2nd and 3rd with no outs in the 6th, there should have atleast been someone warming up so that when we got those two guys inSaunders could have came out and gave you a chance to save his win. But w/e.

Originally Posted by bangtcg

O !%!% I did forget this was a nationally televised game. So everyone saw this. %%$% the Angels. Yankees we coming $%##%$
I cannot believe you are really proud of that victory.
roll.gif
Mike Socia is that you?

First and foremost. We are/were in a wildcard race so every win counts. With that win, it is kinda no longer a race so in a way that win solidified our playoffspot. Secondly last night when I was postin I was on it and there were a bunch of people at my crib including my boy whos an Angels fan so we was goin back andforth all night. So excuse me if I came in a little extra. And thirdly, I believe I was the first one to come in and say that Nick Green struck out twice inhis at bat, but hey what are you gonna do. Im certainly not going back and giving up a win.

And wait? Who are you? Just a Sox hater? I havnt seen you in here ever, nor in the Yankee thread so I know your not just a Yankee fan coming in to throw jabs.

ska...welcome back to NT
laugh.gif

and yeah...why rivera didn't dive for that ball boggles my mind. and nick green...swing the damn bat next time
laugh.gif

Green was scared that whole at bat. As soon as he got to ball 3 I knew he wasnt swinging and was going to hope for the walk. I said it out loud to my boys,that I guarantee he doesnt swing at the next pitch no matter what. Sure enough he let a strike go right by him. Luckily it was called a ball and he damn nearcollapsed while walking down the line. Dudes legs was WEAK, had the rubber legs and everything.

laugh.gif

3 in b'more:

Clay Buchholz, RHP (5-3, 3.66) @ Jeremy Guthrie, RHP (10-14, 5.06)

Jon Lester, LHP (13-7, 3.29) @ David Hernandez, RHP (4-8, 5.40)

Daisuke Matsuzaka, RHP (2-5, 7.02) @ Jason Berken, RHP (5-11, 6.08)

Well that was disturbing...................

But as for Baltimore we should be good. We have owned them this year. Also other than the Yankees I dont think we play another team over .500 for the rest ofthe year. Should be smooth sailing form here. Just take care of business, stay healthy and we should be in playoff form right out the gate.

This team is definitely built for the playoffs. Good bats and 4 pitchers who could shut down the other team when needed. Granted Beckett needs to get his *@!*together. But his last two starts were good. Giving up 3 to the Angels isnt thaaaaaaaaaat bad, but if he can get that down to 2 we will be set.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Beckett just has a case of bad luck lately imo
he's been better...just needs to get it sharpened up for the playoffs. he'll fix it.

Yea I think hes got like 3 maybe 4 starts more at most before the playoffs. Plennty of time to work out the kinks. But come playoff time he has to be ready togo. But If hes not Lester could easily take the one spot if need be. But we will need Beckett to be in playoff form if we wanna win anything this year.

OK I think its about time I got something off my chest.

Dear Clay Buckholz,

I am truly sorry for doubting how much of a beast you are. You had your troubles at first and I did not think you were as good as everyone was hyping you up tobe. But you have fix your 1 bad inning syndrome and I can without hesitation say that yes, you are the business.

Sincerely,
AIF

Ok just had to get that off my chest because before the trade deadline I was not impressed with him, and was ready to give him up for any decent pitcher. Butdude has come through and his stuff is NASTY. And thank you Cleveland Indians for giving us Victor and not even taking Buckholz. Class act
laugh.gif

Now that thats out of the way. Another good win, what I expected since it was Baltimore. And the Yankees got a taste of their own medicine since Ichiro hit awalk off against MO.

Dear Clay Buckholz,

I am truly sorry for doubting how much of a beast you are.
cant even front...i am SO guilty of this. dude has been ON POINT. forgive me, clay...

yea didnt want to call you out on it but I remember we were on the same boat about him around the trade deadline. So glad we didnt just make him a throw in toany trade we made.

2dt2hvn.jpg

Magic number for the Playoffs is down to 7 and Joba is out there in Seattle pitching a GEM.

Next weekend could turn out to be very interesting after all. So glad the Sunday game im going to could be extra live if things close up even more during theweek.

Yankees Lose, only 5 games back. And they draw the Angels for 3 games and we know who has owned who for the most part in that matchup.

While we are on to Kansas City. Lets keep this going.

Mon, Sep 21 @ Kansas City 8:10 PM Wakefield (11-4) DiNardo (0-1)
Tue, Sep 22 @ Kansas City 8:10 PM Byrd (1-1) Greinke (14-
glasses.gif

Wed, Sep 23 @ Kansas City 8:10 PM Beckett (15-6) Hochevar (7-10)
Thu, Sep 24 @ Kansas City 8:10 PM Buchholz (6-3) Hughes (0-1)

Not really feelin the Byrd vs Grenkie matchup, but hopefully he has one of his good games or the bats can make up for anything he gives up.

Back
Top Bottom