OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

BOSTON & yankees last reg. season series starts Fri., 9/25....
happy.gif

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ABOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bandwagon.jpg

But its w/e, if the bandwagon is getting boarded it just means we're playing good baseball. Gotta keep it up

this weekend has the potential to be real interesting if we don't get our *@%% together ...........

Originally Posted by onewearz

this weekend has the potential to be real interesting if we don't get our *@%% together ...........
You have no idea how bad I want that Sunday game to mean something. It will be a playoff type atmosphere either way tho I think.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by onewearz

You have no idea how bad I want that Sunday game to mean something. It will be a playoff type atmosphere either way tho I think.
that'd be
pimp.gif
and
embarassed.gif
at the same time. my bloodpressure spikes on sundays
laugh.gif

I hate the damn rain. Thats the second game where we had a big lead. Then after the rain stops we blow the lead. I swear we get the lead and figure the gamesis gonna get called and then just mail it in the rest of the game. O well now we gotta get after Grenkie tonight, bounce back after that embarrassment lastnight.

I was watching that game on the scoreboard at Citi Field last night and I was assuming Wakefield's back blew up on him.

It wasnt all Wake. He gave them hope but we were still up 9-5 at that point. The bullpen completely shut down last night. Delcarmen gave up 4, and Bard gave upanother 2. It was bad all around.

We would've been 3 games behind the Yankees in the loss column with 3 games left to play against them. Now we have to try to bounce back against Greinke.
sick.gif

here's a big question...do we march out all the big guns and try and win the division, or do we try and rest people for october? theyve been discussing itthis morning on the radio.

Honestly, I would like to try to win the division, because then our first round matchup would be easy with either the Tigers or the Twins. But it really isntthat important. I think we should rest guys and if we get the division fine. But just being in the playoffs is what we need. We can win on the road and ourhome record is the best in the league. We should be good. The only reason to go for the division is to rub it in the Yankees face, but being rested for theplayoffs and winning another title is the ultimate goal.

I think it is more do or die for the Yankees. Because if they dont win the division they have to play the Angels in the first round. And they dont want that,especially in a 5 game series.

I don't want the Sox to go all out trying to win the division if it means playing guys who need a day off, but at the same time I don't want them tojust pack it in and concede the division. The Angels are definitely better than the Tigers, but then again we pretty much have their number in the playoffs. Imean I'd rather play the Tigers, but I think it's more important to have everyone fresh and ready to go.

Yea theres no way we give up on the division considering the teams we are playing for the remainder of the season. But rest the guys who need it like Lowell,Ortiz, maybe give Youk a day off here and there since hes had the back spasms in the last week. Just gotta continue to play good baseball and see what happens.

yeah...i'd like to win the division, but not if people need rest. i wouldnt mind seeing lowell rest a bit, or maybe the pitchers if they need agame off or whatever.

Yea the older guys on the team need some rest. As far as pitchers. Wake prolly shouldnt pitch his next start. For as much as hes done for us this season, Igotta say hes kinda done. He has no off the mound movement since hes come back. And his arm hasnt carried him past the 5th in any of the starts since hisreturn. Hes gonna need some serious rest and rehab to come back next season.

We will no doubt use him as bullpen relief in the playoffs like last year. But I dont know how many starts hes got left in him. I would be surprised if he cameback next season. We have a good pitching lineup. We prolly wouldnt have a starting role for him next year if all the rumors are correct. I know we will take amore serious shot at Halladay this offseason. And Rumors are pretty heavy that we are going for King Felix extra hard come offseason talks.

But thats a whole nother story. We got a championship to win. Hey in any event the way the Yankees are playing right now, we may be able to rest a lot of guysand the division could fall into our laps. If we can get 2 out of 3 (or better yet a sweep) this weekend we will be in good shape for the last week of theseason. Plus we play 2 more games than the Yankees for the remainder so that is a chance to pick up a game just because the Yankees dont have a chance to winthose days.

Finally got a win. Was starting to think we weren't gonna be able to beat the Royals. Need to get the game tomorrow to bring us down to 5.5 for thedivision. But the playoffs are getting closer as we speak. Magic number is 5 for now. Texas is losing to Oakland tho. So it could be 4 by the end of the night.

Back
Top Bottom