OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

good win tonight. brad penny was
sick.gif
...but the offensive output to comeback and win the game was
pimp.gif

^They've been wearing those for years. They look better on Sunday Day games when they usually wear them. They did look kind of odd tonight IMO (They alsolost that little blue stripe around the sleeves this year).

^ yeah i agree man...they're great for sunday day games, but not so much at night

well the bats have woken up a bit...about damn time. ortiz is even getting in on the action. let's get lester out of this funk and we'll be good.

also, beckett's suspension downgraded to 5 games, and given the schedule, he wont miss a start. his next start will be against NY next weekend
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
they must have got yelled at for not covering/backing up in a previous game. they were all over there with a quickness

ortiz with a TRIPLE
laugh.gif

no homers, but he's at least getting hits now, and extra base hits at that (double and triple today). keep it going, man.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

ortiz with a TRIPLE
laugh.gif

no homers, but he's at least getting hits now, and extra base hits at that (double and triple today). keep it going, man.

laugh.gif
re-upped on that BALCO shipment.

I was trying to keep away from this thread since we were winning but I had to come in to see if I was dreaming when I saw Ortiz hit a triple on the ESPNgamecast. Did he leg on out or how the hell did that happen?

Like you said he hasnt been hitting with a lot of power but he is spreading the ball around more this year. Hes getting to left field a lot. Hopefully he cancome through when people throw the shift on him and he can get it out to the open holes in left. If he can force teams to not shift on him anymore and thenstarts turning on the ball hard again he could be right back in a groove.

he hit it deep off the wall, pie tried to jump and catch it, so it hit the wall and bounced far away from it...he got the triple standing up...so it was partlydue to pie misplaying the wall

O ok well its still all good. Atleast hes making it to the wall. I have faith that he will get back into a nice stride and he will be fine for the rest of theyear. It may have just been a slow start/cold weather. Once summer hits its gonna be all over. I think the boos he got at Fenway this weekend really woke himup. Thats the first time ive heard him booed at home since hes been on the team. So I would think that would be a big wake up call.

^ yeah i hope you're right dude.

man the offense as a whole finally woke up during this series. they need to save some offense for the rest of the week.

orioles = 4 game sweep....we needed that big time
offense is alive...about time
pitching is getting better...keep it rolling

Back
Top Bottom