OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Broxton always gives me a damn heart attack
smh.gif

Finally they come back home... I got tickets for a couple games this week.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/08/dodgers-acquire-ronnie-belliard.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers Acquire Ronnie Belliard[/h1]
By Mike Axisa [August 30 at 4:18pm CST]

Chico Harlan of The Washington Post reports that the Nationals traded infielder Ronnie Belliard to the Dodgers following today's game. Washington will receive A-ball pitcher Luis Garcia and a player to be named in the deal.

Belliard, 34, was hitting .247-.297-.376 in 203 plate appearances for the Nats this year, spending time at first, second and third base. He is in the final year of the two year, $3.5M extension he signed during the 2007 season. Garcia, 22, has a 2.92 ERA in 34 appearances (15 starts) in the Low-A Midwest League this season, and was not considered one the Dodgers' top 30 prospects by Baseball America this spring.

Originally Posted by sinser13

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/08/dodgers-acquire-ronnie-belliard.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers Acquire Ronnie Belliard[/h1]
By Mike Axisa [August 30 at 4:18pm CST]

Chico Harlan of The Washington Post reports that the Nationals traded infielder Ronnie Belliard to the Dodgers following today's game. Washington will receive A-ball pitcher Luis Garcia and a player to be named in the deal.

Belliard, 34, was hitting .247-.297-.376 in 203 plate appearances for the Nats this year, spending time at first, second and third base. He is in the final year of the two year, $3.5M extension he signed during the 2007 season. Garcia, 22, has a 2.92 ERA in 34 appearances (15 starts) in the Low-A Midwest League this season, and was not considered one the Dodgers' top 30 prospects by Baseball America this spring.

So, who's getting the Ax??
nerd.gif

EDIT: Nvm, it's September = expanded roster
laugh.gif

sad to see Belliard go, he was my boy.
frown.gif

now Mini-Manny joins Manny.
pimp.gif

Ronnie will be a solid contributor in the Dodgers World Series quest.

Belliard is a cool !#@ dude, but I thought we were pretty jammed at the utility infielder position: Loretta and Juan Cholo.

But, solid pickup nonetheless once the rosters expand.

I hope this isn't the power-bat they were talking about
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sinser13

don't feed the troll
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That and the cake gif,
laugh.gif

It was a good weekend despite losing Friday's game.

BN hitting the panic button after every loss.....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The Giants just gave us much needed breathing room.

If they hold the lead, then our home and home September Series' will mean that much more, which is
smokin.gif
in my book.

Bills hasn't looked sharp lately, I am sure he will come around.

The offense seems to be breaking out of their slump, they need to get better at situational hitting. Kemp has been hot.

We are going to have to go through the Cardinals, Phillies or the Giants/Rockies. To be the best we got to go through the best.

I hate the "I don't want to face _________ in the playoffs" talk. Everything changes in the playoffs. So if it isCarpenter/Lee/Hamels/Wainwright in the NLDS and Timmy/Cain in the NLCS, then so be it.

I'm surprised no one gives any love to Wolf and Kershaw. They have been pitching as good as any other combo.

Kershaw:
July 3-0, 0.71 ERA, .167 BAA
August 0-2, 3.91 ERA, .223 ERA

Wolf:
July 2-2, 2.84, .225
August 4-1, 2.72, .208

Plus with Timmy and Cain, they just need to work them for 7 innings, and feast on the pen. As much as the Giants pitching is
smokin.gif
, their offense is on the other end of the spectrum.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

BN hitting the panic button after every loss.....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

if you call hittin the panic button on speakin the truth of what a bum raffy has been and how poorly bills has pitched then so be it.

Back
Top Bottom