OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

smh.gif

looks like JMAC bout to be sent down.

why Garland, what happened to Padilla? also thome? seems like they just adding pieces just to add them

o crap when did the dodgers get thome?

oh well dodgers don't mess up. my mets are out of it and i don't wanna see the phillies, giants, or cardinals do anything and i rather the dodgers comeout the nl so i can possibly get world series tickets.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

why Garland, what happened to Padilla? also thome? seems like they just adding pieces just to add them

Kuroda should be back soon, but just in case (god forbidding he isn't right) another durable arm should never be turned away.

How is adding Thome just adding pieces? I think its been over a month that the Dodgers have gone on record and said they were looking for a power-bat off thebench.

Looking at our 1B HR #s: Loney (9), Loretta (0), MKZ (0).

Look at the bench HR power #s: Loretta (0), MKZ (0), Castro (1), Pierre (0), and Ausmus (1).

laugh.gif
Now do people understand why we needed pop off the bench?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

What the hell is going on right now?
laugh.gif
Ex Tribe members: Belliard, Manny, Blake, Thome ... who am I missing?
laugh.gif

How the hell is Cory Wade doing in AAA?

Jmac hasn't been right since Pablo tried to eat him
tired.gif

sick.gif

Ned isn't playing, he's loading up this team and trying to put them in a position to win it all. Let's see what kind of magic Torre can pull outwith this roster.

smokin.gif

Can't be mad at Colletti making moves like this and McCourt opening up the checkbook.

Colletti, just said that Thome is completely on board with the move....
smokin.gif

Strictly a bench player, but can spell Loney on occasion.

If we make the WS,
eek.gif

SS Furcal
CF Kemp
RF Ethier
LF Ramirez
DH Thome
3B Blake
1B Loney
2B Hudson
C Martin

or

SS Furcal
2B Hudson
RF Ethier
LF Manny
DH Thome
3B Blake
1B Loney
C Martin
CF Kemp (Just 'cause Torre likes Kemp as a bopper at the end of the lineup)

Either way, Torre now has a lot of options and a lot of hungry vets on this squad. These moves definitely will not hurt the team in the long run.

smh.gif
@ JMac, I'm losing faith in this kid. I know he is a local kid and I want him to be an integral part of this team...now and in the future. Sometimes Ithink he has reached the ceiling and it is time to ship him out while he has some value.

Cory Wade will probably be added to the roster tomorrow.

Info on Ned's interview:

-Jim Thome called up Ned and said he probably can't play 1B anymore, but he's on board with pinch hitting and coming up in clutch situations if calledupon. Still has pop left in the bat and is a great leader / clubhouse guy and excited to come on-board.
-Kenny Williams emailed him at 830P and said Thome is available for Ned and he wants to make a deal to send Thome our way.
-They've narrowed down players they wanted since July, been watching the waiver wire and once they saw players they wanted - Ned jumped on it.
-To add a 5th starter, who's durable and has won games like Garland is a huge BOOST.
-Belliard's name has been lost in the mix with current acquisitions.
-Not sure when Garland will start, up to Joe.
-Thome and Garland should be here tomorrow.
-Looking for a power bench bat and another starter for a month.

Jon Garland interview:

-Shocked, but if there was one team I wanted to be traded to is the Dodgers. Grown up watching them, born in Valencia.
-Will give it his all, and come out to pitch.
-Eat up innings.
-Reliable

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

smh.gif
@ JMac, I'm losing faith in this kid. I know he is a local kid and I want him to be an integral part of this team...now and in the future. Sometimes I think he has reached the ceiling and it is time to ship him out while he has some value.
smokin.gif
I like it, call it like you see it.

I think throwing him as a starter to start the season really %+%$%% with his psyche.

Can't be mad at Colletti making moves like this and McCourt opening up the checkbook.
eek.gif
pimp.gif
I don't think they're paying a dime for either player.

Tuesday 12:10am: Gilbert says Arizona is paying the rest of Garland's salary for this year, as well as the buyout of his 2010 option. Sweet deal for the Dodgers.
By Mike Axisa [August 31 at 11:13pm CST]

SI.com's Jon Heyman reports that the Dodgers have acquired Jim Thome. The White Sox will receive infielder Justin Fuller in the deal, and are sending cash to LA that will presumably cover at least part of Thome's salary according to Mark Gonzales of The Chicago Tribune.

Joe just said if we have 6 starters, we have 6 starters. It's a great situation to be in.

smokin.gif

whoa whoa lets not go that far. if he had to actually pay for an everyday good player he would've passed.
laugh.gif

why was arizona so desperate to pay everything, even his buyout? is the guy theyre gonna get in return THAT good?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

smokin.gif

whoa whoa lets not go that far. if he had to actually pay for an everyday good player he would've passed.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, I still think they would've ponied up the cash.

-Kenny Williams emailed him at 830P and said Thome is available for Ned and he wants to make a deal to send Thome our way.
Look for deals to be made like this in the future between the Dodgers and the White Sox. They see a lot of each other at the new complex.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Ironman what's the news on them wearing the jersey this weekend?

What about playoff sale date?
No word on the jerseys. Final decision will go to Joe, and he hasn't decided.

Season Ticket Holders already got their post season order forms.

I will probably be able to get my allotment soon.

A date for the public has not been set, but it will probably be the 26th. I'm just speculating at this moment. They usually do it on Saturday's andit will not be a Saturday when we have a home game (eliminates the 5th, 19th). The only open dates are the 12th and the 26th, and the 12th is too early toput postseason tickets on sale to the general public.

Excited for the new month with the new roster. I can just see Manny and Thome goofing around in the dugout.
laugh.gif

Been wanting Garland since the off season, and then when his name came up at the deadline, glad they were able to pull it off.

In regards to JMAC, it doesn't surprise me anymore, every time this dude comes out of the pen, I have no faith in him.

Interested to see this jersey that 562, and Ironman speak of
nerd.gif
( i have a feeling ithas some green in it)
tongue.gif

eek.gif
fellas ONE more month of regular season beisbol .... wowwwwww

Btw, Tony Abreu could be sent to the d'backs for Garland, could explain why they're paying for every penny.

I wish it would have been Hu, hope Abreu gets plenty of playing time ... he just never panned out with the Dodgers due to his mysterious injuries.

Back
Top Bottom