OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

loney had a solid game

2 doubles, 3 hits, 2 RBI's

Even with good numbers, I don't see him making the all star game. He's got pujols and gonzalez in front of em at first

win some/lose some

I'm still satisfied with where we stand in the NL West
pimp.gif

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but with Kershaw's outing today doesn't that give him like a 15.00 something ERA
sick.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but with Kershaw's outing today doesn't that give him like a 15.00 something ERA
sick.gif
His ERA in his last two starts is 15.00
smh.gif

His season ERA is a healthy 7.29
sick.gif

Hopefully some home cooking will do the boys well, and 11 game homestand
smokin.gif

Kershaw is making way too many pitches, he consistently pitches behind and it eventually catches up to him,
smh.gif
@ 7.29.

We still have 3 games to take care of in San Fran, gonna see Little Timmy on the last game I believe.

Gotta get 2/3 or the sweep, the road trip hasn't been too kind.

On the other hand ... Eric Milton has looked good and he could get a call up before he decides to go elsewhere, Weaver looked ok in Alberque (sp), gotta fix upthe staff.

Any suggestions?

I don't think we should make any changes involving Milton or Weaver, unless Wade can't come back healthy, and Kuo can't get it together.

Kershaw is making way too many pitches, he consistently pitches behind and it eventually catches up to him,
smh.gif
@ 7.29.

We still have 3 games to take care of in San Fran, gonna see Little Timmy on the last game I believe.

Gotta get 2/3 or the sweep, the road trip hasn't been too kind.

On the other hand ... Eric Milton has looked good and he could get a call up before he decides to go elsewhere, Weaver looked ok in Alberque (sp), gotta fix up the staff.

Any suggestions?
goin Wednesday??

my GF is takin me too
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

I don't think we should make any changes involving Milton or Weaver, unless Wade can't come back healthy, and Kuo can't get it together.
I really think they want Weaver to get another start in AAA, once he gets that under his belt, he'll be called up and take JMac's 5th spotand JMac will be moved to the bullpen.

It's really a win / win if you think about it. JMac has shown he isn't ready out there, but if he can bring that electric stuff to the bullpen give usanother long reliever in there - it would be a good situation.

Joe Torre has gone on record and said that he prefers JMac in the bullpen, and has considered bringing up Weaver.

Yo PMAC, aren't you homies with DFresh? How's that dude?
laugh.gif

sick.gif

I told everybody to calm down after his last start vs the giants. Various espn shows were all on his jock and riding so hard. He will be that 1 day, but afterhis giants start it seemed like everybody thought he was the next randy johnson at 21. He'll be very very good, but hes still not consistent enough and isgonna take a another year or 2 to really be good on a reg basis

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

I really think they want Weaver to get another start in AAA, once he gets that under his belt, he'll be called up and take JMac's 5th spot and JMac will be moved to the bullpen.

It's really a win / win if you think about it. JMac has shown he isn't ready out there, but if he can bring that electric stuff to the bullpen give us another long reliever in there - it would be a good situation.

Joe Torre has gone on record and said that he prefers JMac in the bullpen, and has considered bringing up Weaver.

Yo PMAC, aren't you homies with DFresh? How's that dude?
laugh.gif
I don't see a point in letting Weaver start at all. It's just hard for me to envision him performing well for more than a start or two.The fact that JMac seems to be capable of getting guys out, but is lacking the confidence and focus to do it consistently would be better than Weaver who hasproven over the past couple of years that his stuff isn't that good anymore, and he's getting guys out on essentially smoke and mirrors.

I think they should keep JMac in the rotation for a couple of more starts, and if he can't get it done, then look to Troncoso.

When Kuroda comes back, I do like Stults in the roation over JMac though.

If we can get our bullpen healthy with Broxton, Kuo, Wade, Bellisario, JMac and Ohman then we would turn an early season weakness into a mid/late- seasonstrength.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
yeah I talk to dfresh all the time, he posts on here sometimes under a diffname.

Nothing to add to the ongoing discussion in here, but I personally believe Jeff would do well in the anchor spot in the rotation after a few go-arounds in theminors

He always looked most comfortable here than in any other uniform he put on during his time. I know he's a bit older, but I still think he's more thanserviceable.

I would like to see Jeff Weaver as a middle reliever. As a starter, no thanks. Also, not thanks on Milton as well. I would rather watch JMac work throughhis struggles.

Weaver just doesn't have anything left in the tank. Once hitters catch up to his tricks, he gets rocked. Not a good look.

[h2]http://www.insidesocal.com/dodgers/2009/04/hiroki-kuroda-r.html[/h2]
[h2]Hiroki Kuroda receives cortisone shot in his left side, won't throw until the weekend[/h2]
By Tony Jackson on April 27, 2009 5:58 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | ShareThis

Stan Conte said it's just an effort to get over that final hurdle that is preventing him from coming back. Everyone has been pleased with Kuroda's recent bullpen, but there is still that last bit of discomfort that he is feeling in his left oblique muscle, and the belief is that this will get rid of it. He's still probably a couple of weeks from coming back, because he won't throw until this weekend and he'll still probably need a rehab start. ... It is COLD here tonight, even colder, I think, than it was in Denver yesterday, and the wind is blown HARD. Judging by the flags, it's going right to left.

Tonight lineup: Kemp in the 4 slot

Furcal, SS

Hudson, 2B

Manny, LF

Kemp, CF

Ethier, RF

Martin, C

Loretta, 1B

Blake, 3B
Wolf, P

[h2]Mannywood[/h2]

mannywood.jpg
Sit up close to the Manny himself with two Field Box tickets and two limited edition Mannywood T-shirtsfor just $99 in honor of number 99. Seats are limited so buy now to join us in Mannywood.

Details:

• Tickets available for all remaining games (subject to availability)
• 2 Field Box tickets in section 51 or 53 (left field Field Box)
• 2 Mannywood t-shirts (voucher to be redeemed at Team Store in left field) • Just $99!

To purchase tickets click the "Buy Tickets Now" button below. Once on the schedule page, click the
icon_ticket.gif
next to the gameyou'd like to attend. Select the number of tickets you'd like to purchase next to "MANNYWOOD PROMOTION", and then click the "Look fortickets" button.

Buy tickets now»

estuve-mannywood.jpg
On May 5th only, in celebration of Cinco de Mayo, a limited edition "YoEstuve En Mannywood" t-shirt will be given to those fans that purchase the Mannywood package. This package is subject to availability and the same voucherredemption rules apply. [img]http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/images/schedule/icon_ticket.gif[/img]

wolf has got to pitch deep into this game, no $#+##$+ let downs.

do work kemp, clean up, dont strikeout.

we got the socal trifecta** tonight

DODGERS
LAKERS
DUCKS

(i live in norcal so i rarely see my teams, Born and raised in OC)

kemp again, 2 games in a row
smh.gif

wind blown or not, he looked straight fooled, lookin like me in little league
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom