OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

our los angeles dodgers are 7-0 at home
pimp.gif

we must sweep the pods.

i'll b @ the 5/8 game

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jpap348

pimp.gif
...4-0 in games I go to

5-0 here
smokin.gif

I was PUMPED seeing my boy Shaggy back in his azul. Was a bit shaky but IMHO it's to be expected he's been out of the bigs for a whole season.he'll get better, I have faith

Ox was on fire. Great game.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

I was PUMPED seeing my boy Shaggy back in his azul. Was a bit shaky but IMHO it's to be expected he's been out of the bigs for a whole season. he'll get better, I have faith

I think you & I were the only ones pullin' for blondie.

I have faith as well, I've preached it - JMac has NO business in the rotation, we're lacking veteran arms and I'm putting my faith in Weaver.

LA TIMES:
Many teams have shied away from free-agent right-hander Pedro Martinez because he is reportedly seeking a $5-million deal, but money does not appear to be a hurdle with Byrd, who said he is "a couple weeks away" from being game-ready.

"I'm not opposed to signing an incentive-laden deal at all," Byrd said. "That's fair to me and the team. If I can't perform, don't pay me. If I can, give me what I'm worth."
Dodgers: Here is where Byrd makes the most sense. The Dodgers could be in quite a bind if Kuroda cannot return soon and Jason Schmidt fails to comeback from his various arm ailments. The combination of Eric Stults and James McDonald is very unlikely to get the job done over the long haul. If Kuroda or Schmidt are out for a long period of time, Byrd would be a great choice for the Dodgers to stabilize the back end of their rotation.

^ I liked Byrd when he was with Cleveland. I haven't checked up on his stats (PMAC
nerd.gif
) so I'm not sure how he's done recently... but I'm guessing dude cangive us more than 2 innings.

I don't think JMac is as bad as his last couple of outtings... dude just isn't ready for the rotation spot just yet. Russell said he just couldn'tget in tune with the game and get focused last night. We need to give him the Billingsley treatment and have him be a BP dude until later in the year.

hey yal im selling 4 tix available for the dodger game on monday night if yal are interested hit me up. they are in the right field pavilion all you can eat
pimp.gif

one thing I forgot to add. On my way home from the game i was listening to dodgertalk, they said Tony Jackson was laid off =/

one of my favorite reporters , such a shame

one thing I forgot to add. On my way home from the game i was listening to dodgertalk, they said Tony Jackson was laid off =/

smh.gif

I'm 1-0.
smile.gif

Very entertaining game last night. Feel bad that JMac couldn't throw any strikes.

Matt Kemp is a beast in the outfield, dude has so much speed and range for a man of his size.

I've been wondering what happened to his blog, he always came through with the info - maybe FSN will take him in?

Tony Jackson, writer with the Los Angeles Daily News and the Inside the Dodgers blog, has been terminated. His lay off from the crumbling newspaper industry, while not officially reported, has been commented on by dozens of his loyal readers at http://www.insidesocal.com/dodgers/.
Jackson has been the go to guy for the latest Dodger news and his independent analysis of the team, whether critical or not, has been appreciated by many a Dodger fan.

Some info:

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/05/the-dodgers-rotation.html[/h1]
[h1]The Dodgers' Rotation[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [May 1 at 1:11pm CST]

They're 15-8, in first place in the NL West, but the Dodgers face questions about a rotation that includes three ERAs of 5.50 or more. Behind Chad Billingsley and Randy Wolf, they have Clayton Kershaw, who hasn't pitched out the the fifth inning his last two starts, James McDonald, who has walked a batter an inning this year, and Eric Stults, who's allowing two baserunners an inning. Yahoo's Tim Brown takes stock of the rotation and how Ned Colletti will progress with it.

• Brown says it's unlikely the Dodgers will add Pedro Martinez, Paul Byrd, Odalis Perez or Freddy Garcia.
  • One scout's analysis: "There's plenty of pitching available. None you'd want."
  • Brown suggests the Dodgers need a club like the Indians, Reds or Mariners to fall from contention so some quality arms become available.
  • If David Price pitches his way into the Rays' rotation, Jeff Niemann could become trade bait.
The Dodgers could rely on pitchers already in the organization. Hiroki Kuroda is rehabbing, though MLB.com's Ken Gurnick reports the righty is likely weeks away from a return. Jason Schmidt is rehabbing too, according to Gurnick. Jeff Weaver pitched well against the Padres last night and Eric Milton and Shawn Estes are stashed away in the minors.

Who I think we'd look into:
Mariners - Erik Bedard: $7,750,000 (i believe he signed a 1yr deal)
Indians - Cliff Lee: $6M
Reds - Bronson Arroyo: $10M+
eek.gif

Anyone of these pitchers could command a real high prospect, maybe Repko, Hu and JP would work
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

^ I liked Byrd when he was with Cleveland. I haven't checked up on his stats (PMAC
nerd.gif
) so I'm not sure how he's done recently... but I'm guessing dude can give us more than 2 innings.

I don't think JMac is as bad as his last couple of outtings... dude just isn't ready for the rotation spot just yet. Russell said he just couldn't get in tune with the game and get focused last night. We need to give him the Billingsley treatment and have him be a BP dude until later in the year.

[table][tr][td]2008 Season Stats[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SPLITS[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]CG[/td] [td]SHO[/td] [td]IP[/td] [td]H[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]ER[/td] [td]HR[/td] [td]BB[/td] [td]SO[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]P/GS[/td] [td]WHIP[/td] [td]BAA[/td] [td]ERA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Season[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]180.0[/td] [td]204[/td] [td]96[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]84.4[/td] [td]1.32[/td] [td].287[/td] [td]4.6[/td] [/tr][/table]
Last season he played for Bos, liked him as well - one of those pitchers that doesn't throw heat, needs to hit his corners to be effective.

Like I've been saying, put JMAC in the bullpen and give our BP more options down the stretch, its a win-win.

its gametime, spent the day with the wifey now i get to watch the game
pimp.gif

btw, we need kershaw to go deep into this game and ausmus needs more playing time.

Back
Top Bottom