OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

[h3]http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/n...ent_id=4518546&vkey=news_la&fext=.jsp&c_id=la[/h3]
[h3]Dodgers Lose Kuo to DL[/h3]
The Dodgers will place Hong-Chih Kuo, who was insanely wild in the bullpen Friday night -- even throwing two pitches onto the field -- on the 15-day disabled list Friday, per Ken Gurnick.

There is no word yet on Kuo's roster replacement, but this Joe Torre quote disturbed me to no end: "It's his elbow, and he finally admitted it."

Memo to Dodger players: if you're injured, tell someone. If you don't, you're hurting yourself and the team.

Sorry PMAC, Kuo's dependibility issues have always been a concern - that's why I can NEVER put my faith in the guy.

Whoever watched the game last night, Kuo was warming up in the pen and threw 15 pitches and only 4 were catchable, and there was a point in the game when someballs reached the back of the mound - which came from Kuo in the bullpen; thats how wild he was in there.

I expect Elbert or Milton to get the nod.

Ironman, can you confirm if the players take the field too on fireworks night?

I recall Lyons saying Matt Kemp and crew were on the field with the fans.

that would be
pimp.gif

from madfriars.com
Tony Jackson, who has covered the Dodgers for the Los Angeles Daily News since 2004 and has covered Major League Baseball on a regular basis since 1995, became the second Dodgers beat writer laid off this spring, following Diamond Leung

We had the privilege of spending six years in the press room at Vero Beach and at Camelback Ranch and Tony was always available to help us or to answer our questions no matter how busy he was. He always treated us as an equal, a reaction we didn't always receive in that small circle of special writers.

An extremely knowledgeable writer, and one of the truly good guys in the dwindling business of writing about sports, previously covered the Colorado Rockies and Cincinnati Reds. He is a native of Springdale, Arkansas, and a graduate of the University of Arkansas.

We will truly miss him, along with the thousands of his devoted readers.

Rather than fight back against the talking heads on television, and the inane twitters and tweets of the world, another large paper has chosen to cut back in the sports department.

Diamond Leung, who had it happen to him during spring training and now has his own blog, reported the painful news this way:

"One day during my first spring training with the Dodgers, I was the second-to-last person to leave the stadium after a game against the Mets in Port St. Lucie, Fla.

"Near the stadium, I rolled over something and had to pull over my rental car into an empty parking lot. Darkness was falling, and I'm no good with my hands.

"Thousands of miles from home, 45 minutes away from Vero Beach, there was really only one person I could call for help.

"Yes, Tony Jackson - the last man in the press box - finished his story and then changed my flat tire.

"Sure, we were competitors. And definitely we were different - Tony being the Cal Ripkin of beat writers with the Los Angeles Daily News and me the 25-year-old who he'd often joke was too "young, hip and cool." He was proudly everything those adjectives were not.

"The baseball beat brought us together. You spend more time with the guys on the beat than your own family, friends and co-workers. You learn their quirks. You know them so well that you can exchange looks and know exactly what each other is feeling.

"Getting lost in conversation while sitting in a strange bar restaurant in a strange city with a 6 a.m. flight the next day to catch, that's all you have to stay sane sometimes. Glamorous, isn't it?

"When I walked into the clubhouse at AT&T Park earlier this week and saw the Dodgers regulars for the first time since my layoff, Tony didn't immediately greet me. He laughed and explained later that he was so used to the sight of me in the clubhouse that he immediately didn't think anything of it.

"We shook hands, and I told him I'd see him in August when the Dodgers came to town again. Yesterday, it was learned that Tony would be the second Dodgers beat writer laid off in as many months and yet another voice silenced.

"Even before calling him, I knew how he'd feel."

MiLB recap
MLN Newswire - www.mlntherawfeed.com-LOS ANGELES- The Dodgers' minor league report is a weekly window into the Dodgers' farm teams, with updated standings, league leaders, team and individual player stats, and the latest team and player news. Player bios can be found in the Player Development section of the Dodgers' Guide (Pages 411-478).
Triple-A Albuquerque Isotopes

Pacific Coast League American South Division

9-10, 1st Place, 0.5 Game Ahead

PAUL OF FAME: OF Xavier Paul ranks second in the Pacific Coast League with 30 hits and a .417 batting average...Paul, 24, continued his hot start with a .346 batting average (9-for-26) over his last six games with two homers and five RBI...Paul batted .308 in 33 Cactus League games, and was a fourth-round selection of the Dodgers in the 2003 draft.

MILTONS YOUR MOUTH, NOT IN YOUR HAND: LHP Eric Milton was named Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Week for the week of April 20-26...during that span, the 33-year-old went 2-0 and allowed only four hits over 12.0 scoreless innings...the University of Maryland alum appeared in eight Cactus League games for the Dodgers as a non-roster invitee, going 0-3 with a 10.07 ERA in 19.2 innings.

HOW THE ESTES WAS WON: LHP Shawn Estes is 1-1 with a 0.81 ERA (1 ER/11.0 IP) in his last two starts...the San Bernardino native has struck out 10 in his 11.0 innings of work...the 36-year-old appeared in six Cactus League games for the Dodgers as a non-roster invitee, allowing 13 runs (11 earned) in 11.2 innings.

Double-A Chattanooga Lookouts

Southern League North Division

6-14, 5th Place, 4.5 Games Back

LAMBO SHANK: OF Andrew Lambo is batting .321 with eight doubles, three homers, and 10 RBI in 20 games...last night at Huntsville (Brewers), the Dodgers' No. 1 prospect according to Baseball America went 3-for-4 with a double, homer, two RBI, and three runs scored...the left-handed hitter, who graduated from Newbury Park High School in 2007, is 7-for-16 (.438) with runners in scoring position.

THE HOFF: With the help of a 5-for-5 effort Tuesday vs. Huntsville, OF Jamie Hoffmann is batting a team-best .324 with 19 runs in 20 games...the 24-year-old, who last year was a mid-season Southern League All-Star, is leading the league with a .483 on-base percentage...he has more walks (15) than strikeouts (14), and is tied for the league lead with three others with eight doubles...Hoffman was signed by the Dodgers as a non-drafted free agent in September 2003.

GABY AIN'T TOO SHABBY: 1B/DH Gaby Martinez is tied for fifth in the league with a team-high 14 RBI...the former Rays farmhand, who signed with the Dodgers as a minor league free agent on January 30, is 8-for-17 (.471) with eight RBI in his last five starts...the 25-year-old is 9-for-24 (.375) with runners in scoring position.

LEACH AMERICA: LHP Brent Leachhas worked 11.2 consecutive innings without allowing an earned run...the 6-foot-5, 215-pounder surrendered his lone earned run in his first inning of work April 9 at Birmingham...the 26-year-old has racked up 17 strikeouts in 12.2 innings, and is limiting left-handed hitters to a .188 average (3-for-16).
ADVERTISEMENT

Single-A Inland Empire 66ers

California League South Division

8-12, Tied for 3rd Place, 6.0 Games Back

MINIVAN SLYKE: OF Scott Van Slyke is batting .535 (15-for-28) with four doubles, two homers, and five RBIs in his last seven games...the Missouri native is third on the club in hitting with a .328 average and also ranks second with six doubles...the Dodgers' 14th-round pick in 2005 spent the 2008 season with Great Lakes and Inland Empire, hitting a combined .232 with five homers and 33 RBI in 70 games.

WITHROW HEAT: RHP Chris Withrow leads the California League with 28 strikeouts ...the Texas native is 2-1 with a 4.26 ERA in four appearances (three starts)...the 2007 first-round pick (20th overall) spent the 2008 season with Inland Empire.

HERE'S TO YOU, MR. ROBINSON: OF Trayvon Robinson is hitting .300 (9-for-30) with three doubles, a triple, and five RBI in his last six games...the Crenshaw native has a team-leading four steals and seven doubles...the Dodgers' 10th-round selection in 2005 batted .276 with four homers and 42 RBI with Inland Empire in 2008.

Single-A Great Lakes Loons

Midwest League Eastern Division

10-9, 3rd Place, 5.0 Games Back

GORDON BOM-LAKE: INF Devaris Gordonis batting .429 (12-for-28) with eight runs scored in his last seven games, raising his average to .311 from .239... the left-handed hitter, who was selected in the fourth round of the 2008 draft, entered the season as the Dodgers' No. 7 prospect according to Baseball America...he hit .337 with 13 doubles and 18 steals in 60 games with Rookie-advanced Ogden in 2008 in his pro debut.

AWESOME AUSTIN: 1B/DH Austin Gallagherhas hit safely in eight of his last nine games, batting .455 (15-for-33) with six RBI...the left-handed hitter is 7-for-23 (.304) against left-handed pitchers and 8-for-21 (.381) with runners in scoring position...the 20-year-old was selected by the Dodgers in the third round of the 2007 draft, and he entered the 2009 season as the club's No. 11 prospect according to Baseball America...he is batting .317 in 16 games overall.

THE FILE ON KYLE: OF Kyle Russell is hitting .390 (16-for-41) with 11 RBI in his last 11 games after batting .240 (6-for-25) with six RBI in his first eight games...the Dodgers' third-round pick from the 2008 draft is tied for 10th in the league with a .333 batting average...he has seven doubles, a triple, and three home runs, good for a .606 slugging percentage that ranks fifth in the league...the University of Texas product also is tied for second in the circuit with 17 RBI.

MY FAVORITE MARTIN: RHP Ethan Martinis 3-0 with a 1.35 ERA (3 ER/20.0 IP) in his first four pro starts...the Dodgers' first-round pick (15th overall) in 2008 has struck out 26 in his 20.0 innings of work, and is limiting the opposition to a .169 average, including a .118 mark (6-for-51) against right-handed hitters.

GOSH, JOSH: RHP Josh Walterhas posted a 1.64 ERA in his first six appearances, allowing two runs in 11.0 innings of work...the 24-year-old, who went undrafted in 2008 before signing with the Dodgers on June 27, has struck out 15 while walking just three...Walter played collegiately at Texas State University from 2007-08, and he didn't become a pitcher until the 2007 season.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

game!!!!

pimp.gif
8-0 @ home

i still worry about russ.

clayton pitched a good game, he had 2 walks, gave up a couple doubles, luckily the defense saved his !@* the whole game.

Dude needs to cut off that mini-fro and maybe he'll get rolling. Or maybe dude is too focused on what's waiting for him after the game
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Kuo
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
nerd.gif

Dude needs to cut off that mini-fro and maybe he'll get rolling.
laugh.gif
dude I was thinking the SAME EXACT thing when he was on the post game, all I was thinking about was for him to cut his hair short.

Sidenote: Please Dodgers do not rush that Wimlbolm kid. Thanks.

Ironman, can you confirm if the players take the field too on fireworks night?

I recall Lyons saying Matt Kemp and crew were on the field with the fans.
Some players usually stick around with their families to watch the fireworks, but they hang out near the dugout, which is blocked off, the fansare in the outfield.

I didn't see any players stick around last night. A couple did during the first firework night. Friday night fireworks,
eyes.gif
. I know that is what you wanted BN, but having it every Friday makes itmundane. I always preferred the two or three firework nights per year,
smokin.gif

Plus, it was Friday, with a night game tonight, so most players probably had plans to go out.

Sidenote: Please Dodgers do not rush that Wimlbolm kid. Thanks.
You must mean, Joshua Lindblom. I don't think he will be rushed, plus, he was a college pitcher and will probably be thrust into a bullpenrole.

Good win last night,
laugh.gif

Another walk off walk,
smh.gif

At least there was solid production from Kershaw. Kuroda and Kuo being shelved is not a good look.

smh.gif
smh.gif
I was wondering why I couldn't find him online, got it mixed up
laugh.gif

It would be awkward to have fireworks night if we lost, they're giving back to the fans, I can't knock it.

I think russ's ba is .196?
sick.gif
sick.gif
(maybe ausmus gets the start tonight)

*I hope you guys put your $ on pacquiao tonight?

It seems like Kuo's injury is serious.

Throwing the ball out of the bullpen?

I hope it's just a weird thing with his arm, not ANOTHER surgery

laugh.gif
BN I just want to see someone different

« Kuo admits himself to disabled list | Main

May 02, 2009
[h1]Dodgers promote Brent Leach to replace Kuo[/h1]
The Dodgers have called up AA Chattanooga reliever Brent Leach to replace disabled Hong-Chih Kuo in the bullpen, reports David Paschall of the Chatanooga Times Free Press. (Thanks to Dodger Thoughts reader Underdog for the alert.)

Leach, a 26-year-old lefty, gives you a lot of strikeouts -- and a lot of walks. He has allowed one earned run in 13 innings this season, despite giving up 12 hits and walking eight. He has 17 strikeouts.

A year ago, splitting time between Inland Empire (A) and Jacksonville (AA), Leach had a 2.60 ERA with 34 walks and 49 strikeouts in 59 1/3 innings. He's a 2005 sixth-round pick out of Mississippi's Delta State University.

514105.jpg

Brent Leach
6th round draft pick in 2005 out of Delta State
26 years old
has a good low 90s fastball, a good changeup, decent curveball and a good pickoff move.
minors career ERA of 2.79 and K/9 of 10.0
72.1 IP in AA this year and last year, only 3 HR allowed.

This years Cory Wade

yeah pretty much, I read that the dodgers were considering in recalling him - I would have liked him to get a whiff of AAA before the bigs, but lets see whathe's got.

sick.gif
@ edgars HR.

AAA is in Albequerque, which is like Coors Field times a million.

I don't think the dodgers plan on sending any young pitchers there.

jeff weaver goes into the starting rotation per vinny, do work blondie.

question: what happened to claudio vargas (dl)?, is schmidt on the 60-day dl?

and eff them both.

damn that 5th inning where wolf made 20+ pitches looks like its catching up to him.

btw, 562 pacman just destroyed hatton. rip.

damn that 5th inning where wolf made 20+ pitches looks like its catching up to him.

eek.gif
Hatton looks like he's done... Now back to payingattention to the game.

Wolf with the bases juiced and Gonzalez @ the plate. 1 out.
sick.gif

I was
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
at the way hatton get his #@@ whooped so bad

hatton was wayyyy too confident in trying to overpower pacman.

he left his hands low, pacman knocked him twice, when the second round came he laid him to rest
smh.gif
laugh.gif

lets c if troncosco can stop the bleeding, good effort wolf.

Back
Top Bottom