OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Kemp with the uppercut
laugh.gif

Damn kershaw needs to come focused for wednesday

was there a fight?

562 fill us in at the shenanigans at the ravine.

GREAT GAME ALL AROUND, Kershaw come focused on Wednesday.

I got some sick seats on wednesday @ Field Level 47 Row C
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sinser13

laugh.gif
i wonder what rc49ers is thinking right now.
He probably still believes that the Giants pitching staff is a better all around rotation than the Dodgers, just like he claimed at the beginningof the season.

Yo PMAC any pics of the anthem more of the dodgers side?

anyways what happened to Kevin Kennedy?

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/04/delwyn-young-designated.html[/h1]
[h1]Delwyn Young Designated[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [April 13 at 4:32pm CST]

According to MLB.com's Ken Gurnick, Dodgers outfielder Delwyn Young was designated for assignment today. They'll have ten days to trade, release, or waive him. Young is out of options.

Young, 26, hit .246/.321/.341 last year at Triple A but .337/.384/.571 in '07. He dealt with a strained oblique last year and began this season with an elbow issue. Tony Jackson of the L.A. Daily News suggested yesterday that the Indians, Pirates, and Phillies were eyeing Young.

Oh wow, never heard about that. thanks for the info.

he's no longer doing FOX too?

what a bandwagoner
smh.gif

I caught a couple of Rays games during the free preview of the extra bases package I think the channel was sun but it had all the lay outs of fox sports. Ididn't see the games on fox11 saturday but I hope he's still with them.

Great game today
pimp.gif

left my house at 11:10 and was at the Ravine, parked, and
pimp.gif
by 12 and in our seats by 12:40 just in time to see the player intros, Vin, fly-over, etc.

got to chop it up with some of the other fans who had also bought 15-game packages, as I'm sure I'll be seeing them throughout the year.

Bills was at his best today and proved he is the Ace for this club

O-Dog...what is there to say but
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I swore Manny's first at-bat that ball he hit was gone, crowd wanted it bad

all in all a perfect Opening Day...I should have some pics later tonight or tomorrow

eek.gif
smh.gif
right on stadium way someone got stabbed (not saying if he was a dodger fan / giant fan)

also someone had a gun but got taken into custody, not a good look.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
theres also a fight on sunset blvd with over 30 people

Dodgers were slick introducing the team numerically so Manny would be last
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Also RIP to Harry Kalas...they announced it on the scoreboard before the game...crazy because I remember listening to him when he did NFL games on the radiofor Westwood One
frown.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif
He probably still believes that the Giants pitching staff is a better all around rotation than the Dodgers, just like he claimed at the beginning of the season.

This is where I need to step in and say something. I try not to get involved in arguments with Dodger fans because most of you dont know me and assume Im justa homer. But I need to step in on this one. I NEVER agree with rc49ers.....ever. But please dont sit here and tell me that he is wrong for that assessment. TheGiants DO have an all around better pitching staff than the Dodgers do. I will be the first to admit that the Dodgers have a WAY better team than we do, butnot when you are just comparing pitching.

I am ready to get flamed by whoever wants to disagree here, but I dont care. In no way shape or form do the Dodgers have a better pitching staff than theGiants do. Ask other baseball fans who have no affiliation with either team. The Giants pitching>>>The Dodgers pitching. Period. Everythingelse....not so much.

Originally Posted by dland24

laugh.gif
He probably still believes that the Giants pitching staff is a better all around rotation than the Dodgers, just like he claimed at the beginning of the season.

This is where I need to step in and say something. I try not to get involved in arguments with Dodger fans because most of you dont know me and assume Im just a homer. But I need to step in on this one. I NEVER agree with rc49ers.....ever. But please dont sit here and tell me that he is wrong for that assessment. The Giants DO have an all around better pitching staff than the Dodgers do. I will be the first to admit that the Dodgers have a WAY better team than we do, but not when you are just comparing pitching.

I am ready to get flamed by whoever wants to disagree here, but I dont care. In no way shape or form do the Dodgers have a better pitching staff than the Giants do. Ask other baseball fans who have no affiliation with either team. The Giants pitching>>>The Dodgers pitching. Period. Everything else....not so much.
You made the statement I put in bold, which is fine, but you didn't even offer any proof. Not a statistic, photograph, video, tarot card, oranything. Based off the fact that the Dodgers pitching staff last year was better than the Giants, and the Giants didn't make any additions worthmentioning, you're gonna have to give me at least a reason to believe what you said is true.

laugh.gif

This is where I need to step in and say something. I try not to get involved in arguments with Dodger fans because most of you dont know me and assume Im just a homer. But I need to step in on this one. I NEVER agree with rc49ers.....ever. But please dont sit here and tell me that he is wrong for that assessment. The Giants DO have an all around better pitching staff than the Dodgers do. I will be the first to admit that the Dodgers have a WAY better team than we do, but not when you are just comparing pitching.

I am ready to get flamed by whoever wants to disagree here, but I dont care. In no way shape or form do the Dodgers have a better pitching staff than the Giants do. Ask other baseball fans who have no affiliation with either team. The Giants pitching>>>The Dodgers pitching. Period. Everything else....not so much.
I mean do you say that just because of the personnel you have on the starting staff on paper, or are you going by stats?
It's hard to believe that a Giants pitching staff who had a worse ERA than the Dodgers, will be better this year.

I mean for someone to say Giants pitching > Dodgers Pitching is making a pretty Bold statement.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

was there a fight?

562 fill us in at the shenanigans at the ravine.

GREAT GAME ALL AROUND, Kershaw come focused on Wednesday.

I got some sick seats on wednesday @ Field Level 47 Row C
pimp.gif

BN you got some sick seats

I'll be in LF, been awhile since i've sat in the colon of the ravine
laugh.gif

left the GF crib at around 10, got there 1030. Enjoyed my first dodgerdog and garlic fries of 2009, so delicious. My girlfriend is hooked
laugh.gif

All of the new posters were nice too. I'm so heated I couldn't find a sharpie ANYWHERE in a target, wanted my road dodgers script jersey signed by thebest infield ever but didnt
smh.gif
smh.gif

Another opening day in the books, awesome game, saw history, saw a W.

Now...

Shenanigans...

My miniplan seats are in the reserve, section 26. There were 2 Giant fans in the section next to us, TWO. These poor guys were getting abused out the ++!, bypeople from every angle imaginable. They didn't say a PEEP until about the 7th, and this thugged out @+!*%$!** was face to face and that's when theushers and security decide to step in, not earlier in the game when they were being called fairies or f@gs. And at the end, the giants fans were tossed,everyone cheering with me shaking my head in disgust. I'll admit, when I was a kid, hell, even a few years back in HS when we'd be in the pavilion andthat happened i'd laugh, but it's stupid now when I look at it. I dislike all of these dodger/laker fans, I know i'm gonna step on some toes withthe following statement but F it, I dislike the majority of my people at the games.

I know next season i'll be sitting closer to the field, trying to avoid my own because I can't stand it. If I have to spend a bit more money to seeless of my own then that's what i'll do in 2010. Sure, i'm stereotyping, but at the stadium the stereotypes reign true more often than not.

The thing I love about dodger stadium-- The team and the facilities, the thing I hate-- the people.

Sorry to be a debbie downer dude, but as I get older i'm realizing a ton of %%#%. I told my girlfriend I envy the team down the 5 because they actuallywatch the game and not get all pissed when the wave dies or an usher does their job and snags a beachball. These people have the nerve to shout "YOU GUYSARENT REAL FANS!" "F YOU TOO WITH THE GIANTS FANS!" because a few of us were a tad focused on watching Bills strikeout the side instead of dothe ******ed wave...

I hope the rest of the season isn't like this...
/rant
tired.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

57099 people? how is that possible?
laugh.gif

I myself was wondering, sure as hell didn't look it. I'll guess they're speaking in terms of tickets sold and not bodies going through theturnstiles unless 5K people are out of their seats at any given time.

Originally Posted by jpap348

Dodgers were slick introducing the team numerically so Manny would be last
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Also RIP to Harry Kalas...they announced it on the scoreboard before the game...crazy because I remember listening to him when he did NFL games on the radio for Westwood One
frown.gif

laugh.gif
when they said numerical I started laughing on some "I see what you did there" business.

They gave a moment of silence for Nick Adenhart and Harry Kalas. It was a nice way to end the opening day festivities.

All of the events were spot on, Vin was the firecracker. I loved when he said "I've needed you more thanyou've needed me." Got a little misty eyed when he did his trademark "it's time for dodger baseball"
frown.gif
nerd.gif

I got out of the parking lot at around 445ish and I walked to the car about 5mins after the end of the game. The parking setup when you come in from the 110 isterrible, I'm sticking to my sunset entrance. Out the parking lot within 20 minutes, not an hour.

A lot of hostile dodger giant fans, I didn't hear about those events posted but honestly it wouldn't surprise me.

Baseball is supposed to be fun...

laugh.gif

I mean do you say that just because of the personnel you have on the starting staff on paper, or are you going by stats?
It's hard to believe that a Giants pitching staff who had a worse ERA than the Dodgers, will be better this year.

I mean for someone to say Giants pitching > Dodgers Pitching is making a pretty Bold statement.

Im curious to know how its a bold statement. What is so hard to believe? The anchor of your 2008 staff is pitching in Atlanta. Kershaw is still unproven.Billingsley is very good but still walks way too many batters. Kuroda is already hurt. I know Penny didnt have a great/healthy season last year, but you losthim too. The Giants added Johnson (yes Im aware he isnt amazing anymore, but still an upgrade over Correia) and the Dodgers LOST 2 of starters. What exactly amI missing?

I am very open to debating this if we dont turn it into a Giants/Dodgers bashing. For the record, my roommates are both smart baseball guys and die hard RedSox and Tigers fans respectively, and both think the Giants starting rotation is considerably better....if anyone cares.

Back
Top Bottom