Official 2009 World Baseball Classic vol. II

wbc09_200x215.jpg

i didn't see an official post so i guess here it is. tournament starts next week here's the schedule:

bracket.gif

link to the team rosters

http://web.worldbaseballclassic.com/rosters/index.jsp?season=2009

DR got a monster squad
eek.gif
i would guess they're the early favorites. but we know we can't sleep on the asian teams anymore considering that they wonit all last time.

i'm goin with my country Puerto Rico
pimp.gif

wbc_2009.jpg

what say u .....

I would agree that DR is stacked and a favorite but it should be interesting to see how it all pans out. I cant wait personally
pimp.gif

DR has a mean team. But they always will. It's teams like Japan and Korea that have the great chemistry going which makes them favorites. DR and Venezuelahave the great athletes.

I don't think most of the USA gives a crap about the WBC. But hopefully the players that are playing can get far. I see the semifinals pretty easily, butafter that it would be stretch for them to be any kind of favorite.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

I really dont think there is a clear cut favorites in this
Nope, it is too bad some of the big names are sitting this out. I would really like to see this catch on and have all of each country's bestplayers actually play.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

I really dont think there is a clear cut favorites in this
Nope, it is too bad some of the big names are sitting this out. I would really like to see this catch on and have all of each country's best players actually play.
not to mention a lot of the big names that aren't sitting out will be used sparingly

gotta have the starting pitching to win

i wish my boys weren't playing though...especially ortiz. rest that wrist and knee dumb-%+#

Mexico! Mexico! Mexico! Mexico! Mexico! Mexico! I hope they get past the 1st round so I can drive down to san diego and watch them

Japan is gonna win again.
I wanna see that 6'5 pithcer for them

Venezuela woulda had a legit shot if either Carlos or Johan woulda pitched.

Let's go USA.

O yea, I now get MLB channel in HD
pimp.gif

Didn't look at USA's roster before, but they have some really quiet players. Especially with their pitching. I'm gonna have to back track and saythat the USA could undoubtedly take this one. Their bullpen is amazingly good. You get starters to go just 5 innings and you'll get huge support. No waythey should lose now that I look at it.

So when does MLB Network's HD feed come available on TWC? I need it before this starts...

It started today for me. Channel 1001.

pimp.gif

Check your listing when u get a chance, it should be there

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Mexico! Mexico! Mexico! Mexico! Mexico! Mexico! I hope they get past the 1st round so I can drive down to san diego and watch them

same here dude but rightnow i'm only looking @ heading down sunday. You getting tickets for the DS games?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

same here dude but rightnow i'm only looking @ heading down sunday. You getting tickets for the DS games?

yea ill probably just head down sunday. i was thinking of staying down there with family and going to mondays game (if they played) but times are a lil roughright now to be spending money like crazy.

same thing with the ds games. im not trying to buy tix and get stuck watching italy vs australia
indifferent.gif
. i know nobody on those teams nor care for them to drop $50+ per ticket.so ill wait and if i can get tix w/o having to pay high $*! reseller prices...i might go if theres a team id like to see. even the team usa team is
grin.gif
this year

yeahh like, I wanna lock up tickets because I want to go to DS, but like you the uncertainty is what's making me hesitant

Back
Top Bottom