OFFICIAL 2020 - 2021 AIR MAX 95 THREAD

I checked the OG reds at my local Villa store and its pretty much the same color as the solar red that came out earlier this year with the minor change to make it a true OG colorway. Please Nike, i need the OG Neon to come out soon

ED2396CF-540C-4DB2-9204-2D2C8D634B0F.jpeg

New pickup from StockX. Soon as I saw the email that these dropped under retail I jumped on them as quick as I could. Whoever still has that 140 bid must be sick since the next lowest ask price is 225.
I got these for $180, did I get ripped off?

Glad I never pulled the trigger on the Solars--sometimes wanting too many shoes and not having enough money comes in handy. :lol:

The minor differences on the OG build joints make a world of difference to me. They look like the 95s I remember growing up with, minus the big bubbles (obviously).

OG Solar Red 95 or We Love Nike Bright Crimson 95?

Not a lot of difference that I can see. Reds probably different, the graphic upper, different outsole, and red vs white tongue lining.

This "OG" release is pretty bizarre.

- it's not an OG colorway
- the tongue logo colors (black,grey,white) are different and reversed from the "original" solar red
- tongue logo has the split in the middle, not at the "i" like actual OGs like Neons, Slates, etc

They just put the "Nike Air" in black on the insole and tossed on the solar red on the outsole with the psi numbers at the heel. The pair they just released earlier this year had a white Nike Air on the insole, full black outsole, and no psi numbers. The tongue was also the same as the 2011 release.

^ Main thing that makes it “OG” for me is the grey base instead of black/uber dark grey that was used on the most recently released Solars. 95s are synonymous with that grey gradient. Using a darker base completely alters the flow of the shoe, IMO.

Also, the solid swoosh, as opposed to the outlined one. It looks cleaner and is what the “OG” Neon 95s used.

Back
Top Bottom