OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

The Knicks were robbed?

The last 5-6 pages of the Knicks thread is y'all going into "woe is me" mode about the refs costing you the game.

Were there some questionable calls/non-calls against the Knicks? Sure.

The Melo offensive foul call comes to mind, and I didn't see KG tripping Douglas to free up Allen for game winner so I can't comment on that.

But Melo's horrible shot selection and the fact that Amar'e didn't touch the ball for the last 2 minutes in spite of the fact that he was pretty much unguardable had more to do with the outcome than the refs imo.

I was commenting on their horrendous first qtr. They were getting torn to shreds by EVERYONE. I'd like to see Ty be more aggressive next game.

I don't ever do this, but uh....
Originally Posted by toine2983

The Knicks were robbed?

The last 5-6 pages of the Knicks thread is y'all going into "woe is me" mode about the refs costing you the game.

Were there some questionable calls/non-calls against the Knicks? Sure.

The Melo offensive foul call comes to mind, and I didn't see KG tripping Douglas to free up Allen for game winner so I can't comment on that.

But Melo's horrible shot selection and the fact that Amar'e didn't touch the ball for the last 2 minutes in spite of the fact that he was pretty much unguardable had more to do with the outcome than the refs imo.

So what you're saying is, it doesn't matter that the bs call was on the last real Knick possession of the game with 20 seconds to go. Because we should've been up 10 anyways, and not been in a position for the refs to steal the game?
indifferent.gif
*@$++

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I was commenting on their horrendous first qtr. They were getting torn to shreds by EVERYONE. I'd like to see Ty be more aggressive next game.
Denver is the best offensive team in the league you do realize that right?

Your hate toward the Thunder is so clownish its comical.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Denver is the best offensive team in the league you do realize that right?

Your hate toward the Thunder is so clownish its comical.
You realize people been hyping up this front-court like they're one of the best in history.

And Nene just torched them. He had about 7 facials.

What was so wrong with my comments? Were they not getting torn to pieces in the first quarter? Were they playing poorly? Yes they were, I called em out for it, so what?

They came back, Russ and KD showed up, and they won the game. Congratulations to them. But this impenetrable OKC D? Nene had other things to say about that.

Well that's what happens when you go against the best offensive team in the league that are 9 players deep.  Basketball is all about adjustments and that's what OKC did, they adjusted well after getting killed in the first quarter.  They made it their game and in the 3rd and 4th Denver only scored 43 points.  The great post defense showed up and they kept them outside.

laugh.gif

I'm saying that if Melo didn't try to play hero ball and take horrible shot but deferred to Amar'e down the stretch seeing how the Celtics had no answer for him they could've won the game.

And last I checked the refs didn't allow that inbounds alley-oop to KG late in the game to tie it, the Knicks did.

But whatever blame the refs.
grin.gif

I think it's very easy to blame refs. A few calls were missed but on both sides. The refs didn't take the ball out of Amare's hands for the most part of the last two minutes and have Melo chuck it up with a good amount of time left.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Nene shoots 60% against everybody though.
Dude clearly doesn't watch the Nuggets.  NeNe led the league in FG% this year.  How do you think he scores? Dude facials everybody.  

How about 80%? And 22 points?

Get off my back.
grin.gif
laugh.gif

OKC has a crapload of work to do before Game 2 though.

The reason Denver lost this game? Free throws.

They missed 1/3 of their free throws. They shoot 75% from the FT line, they would have won this game.

I don't think they wanna give up one at home, because winning two straight in Denver would be TOUGH.

You gonna get 72 points out of Russ/KD again too? That's asking for an awful lot, while I can see Nene averaging 20 a game, easily.

72 Points between your two boys and you barely win, means you gotta execute better from the rest of your guys. Serge and Harden gotta play better on offense.

Dude clearly doesn't watch the Nuggets.  NeNe led the league in FG% this year.  How do you think he scores? Dude facials everybody.  

That ain't even the goddamn point. I swear people will turn your words into whatever they want just to make an argument.
laugh.gif

Nene demolished the so-called best-defensive 4/5 combo in the L. All I've been hearing since the season ended is about how tough they are, but dude worked em. It doesn't matter if you lead the league in FG%, if you have the best defensive front-court, that shouldn't happen, not to the degree it happened tonight. Plain and simple. 9/11?
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

I'm saying that if Melo didn't try to play hero ball and take horrible shot but deferred to Amar'e down the stretch seeing how the Celtics had no answer for him they could've won the game.

And last I checked the refs didn't allow that inbounds alley-oop to KG late in the game to tie it, the Knicks did.

grin.gif

Nah, you're right. The way we were playing, we deserved to lose a possession at the end of a 1-pt game. 
Last time I checked that screen by KG, didn't nearly help the C's as much as Melo's clothesline would've helped the Knicks.

My fault.

JA, do you expect harden to only get 5 pts for the rest of the series (on 1/5 shooting.. 0/4 on 3s)?

or for ibaka to only have 3 pts (on 1/8 shooting)?

No, but I don't expect Russ nor KD to keep up that kind of crazy scoring either.

I can see each of Denver's players playing like this the rest of the series.

I'm just saying, for Denver shooting poorly from the FT line, they almost won this game.

I don't know if OKC can play much better, but I know Denver can, especially when Afflalo comes back.

Oklahoma also held Denver under their normal team FG% (45% vs 47 %) and 3 point FG % (25% vs 39 %) tonight.

Uh, Denver shot 50% from the field.
laugh.gif

And expect that 3PT% to go up once Afflalo returns.

How about 80%? And 22 points?

Get off my back.
grin.gif
laugh.gif

OKC has a crapload of work to do before Game 2 though.

The reason Denver lost this game? Free throws.

They missed 1/3 of their free throws. They shoot 75% from the FT line, they would have won this game.

I don't think they wanna give up one at home, because winning two straight in Denver would be TOUGH.

You gonna get 72 points out of Russ/KD again too? That's asking for an awful lot, while I can see Nene averaging 20 a game, easily.

72 Points between your two boys and you barely win, means you gotta execute better from the rest of your guys. Serge and Harden gotta play better on offense.

That ain't even the goddamn point. I swear people will turn your words into whatever they want just to make an argument.
laugh.gif

Nene demolished the so-called best-defensive 4/5 combo in the L. All I've been hearing since the season ended is about how tough they are, but dude worked em. It doesn't matter if you lead the league in FG%, if you have the best defensive front-court, that shouldn't happen, not to the degree it happened tonight. Plain and simple. 9/11?
30t6p3b.gif

Oklahoma City also held Denver under their normal team FG% (45% vs 47 %) minus Nene's production and 3 point FG % (25% vs 39 %) tonight.

No, but I don't expect Russ nor KD to keep up that kind of crazy scoring either.

I'm just saying, for Denver shooting poorly from the FT line, they almost won this game.

I don't know if OKC can play much better, but I know Denver can, especially when Afflalo comes back.

so you think OKC played as well as they are capable of playing tonight then?

considering you agreed with what i said, i dont see how you can make that assertion

Oklahoma City also held Denver under their normal team FG% (45% vs 47 %) minus Nene's production and 3 point FG % (25% vs 39 %) tonight.

So you edit your post, saying that MINUS Nene's production, they were under their FG% by 2%?

Well, just doing some quick back of the envelope calculations, but without Nene for the season, they shoot 45%. What the hell point are you trying to make?
laugh.gif

You say they shot poor? They shot the same they normally do if you want to go ahead and be tick-tacky and disregard Nene's FG% tonight but not for the season.

Their main flaw was FT shooting. That can be changed. It will change.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

laugh.gif

grin.gif

Nah, you're right. The way we were playing, we deserved to lose a possession at the end of a 1-pt game. 
Last time I checked that screen by KG, didn't nearly help the C's as much as Melo's clothesline would've helped the Knicks.

My fault.
No worries.

And FTR I saw the game highlights on Inside the NBA and KG did trip Douglas on that last play so I understand y'all being upset about the refs missing that.

I just feel that if the Knicks fed Amar'e more down the stretch the game wouldn't have come down to that and they could've stolen Game 1.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

so you think OKC played as well as they are capable of playing tonight then?

considering you agreed with what i said, i dont see how you can make that assertion
Simple logic.
laugh.gif

I don't expect KD and Russ to have such great performances again. KD is an excellent shooter. No doubt. But he was simply ridiculous from outside tonight. 13/22 is VERY good, considering most of his shots were about 18 feet out. And I don't expect Russ to keep it up like he did tonight. I expect his FG% to drop quite a bit and probably shoot near 43-44% for the series.

And that bit they drop, I expect Harden and Serge to pick up for. That's my point. It'll balance out. What Serge/Harden didn't do tonight, I expect them to make up for next game, while I don't expect another 72 point burst from your two stars again. That's what I meant by I don't know if they can play much better than they did tonight.

While Denver can improve their FT%, and their defense when Afflalo comes back. I would think he'd be on Russ.

Simple logic.
laugh.gif

I don't expect KD and Russ to have such great performances again. KD is an excellent shooter. No doubt. But he was simply ridiculous from outside tonight. 13/22 is VERY good, considering most of his shots were about 18 feet out. And I don't expect Russ to keep it up like he did tonight. I expect his FG% to drop quite a bit and probably shoot near 43-44% for the series.

And that bit they drop, I expect Harden and Serge to pick up for. That's my point. It'll balance out. What Serge/Harden didn't do tonight, I expect them to make up for next game, while I don't expect another 72 point burst from your two stars again. That's what I meant by I don't know if they can play much better than they did tonight.

While Denver can improve their FT%, and their defense when Afflalo comes back. I would think he'd be on Russ.

and you don't think our defense can't get better? especially considering it got better over the course of tonight's game? do you expect nene to abuse our frontline EVERY game?

and the only thing i will agree on with westie and durant, is that i don't expect westbrook to go 3/4 on 3s

i dont see anything crazy or mind blowing about westbrook going 12/23 and durant going 13/22

Originally Posted by MrONegative

laugh.gif

grin.gif

My fault.
No worries.

And FTR I saw the game highlights on Inside the NBA and KG did trip Douglas on that last play so I understand y'all being upset about the refs missing that.

I just feel that if the Knicks fed Amar'e more down the stretch the game wouldn't have come down to that and they could've stolen Game 1.

I get that. It's just, I know my bonehead coach, and I know Stubborn Melo, enough that I get the mistakes we made. There's just no reason to put all of that on top of it. The no-call on KG, just made it clear how ++!%+@ up the call before was.
30t6p3b.gif

One of those, %!!+ basketball kinda games.

You don't see anything crazy about them scoring a combined 70 points?
laugh.gif

About 22 points more than they averaged during the season?
laugh.gif

Alright man, keep up rooting for your team. I'm just trying to be realistic here.

And sure, their defense can improve, no doubt, but I'm just saying, OKC played damn great tonight, and only won by 4 points.

Outside of Nene, I think the Nuggets can play a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom