OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by PMatic

Trade leaves Orlando really thin in the front court after Howard, Bass and Anderson.

or they can bring in Mohammed along with Jackson. I think they can get it done. Nelson is an upgrade over Augustine for Charlotte. And they probably are desperate.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Who's gonna play defense?
Orlando in a playoff series
eek.gif
roll.gif
they're going to get absolutely destroyed by Miami and Boston

Nelson/Gil/Richardson/Turk or Bass/Howard

Imagine what Wade/James or Ray/PP will do to those guys
laugh.gif

Or would they go Nelson/Richardson/Turk/Bass/Howard?

Trade leaves Orlando really thin in the front court after Howard, Bass and Anderson.

or they can bring in Mohammed along with Jackson. I think they can get it done. Nelson is an upgrade over Augustine for Charlotte. And they probably are desperate.

@Chris_Broussard Phx sends Hedo/J Rich/Earl Clark to Orlando for Vince/Gortat/Pietrus, 2011 first round pick and cash considerations
For Phoenix: Getting rid of Turkeylou = WIN.
They get Carter's expiring, and a first round pick to help speed up their rebuilding process

Gortat is another big that can clog up the paint in case Lopez goes down again. 

Magic: They get Hedo who could create his own shot, and JRich who can launch with a good efficiency, especially if getting wide open looks = another title run. 

I dont see what's theres not to like about this trade.

@Chris_Broussard Phx sends Hedo/J Rich/Earl Clark to Orlando for Vince/Gortat/Pietrus, 2011 first round pick and cash considerations
For Phoenix: Getting rid of Turkeylou = WIN.
They get Carter's expiring, and a first round pick to help speed up their rebuilding process

Gortat is another big that can clog up the paint in case Lopez goes down again. 

Magic: They get Hedo who could create his own shot, and JRich who can launch with a good efficiency, especially if getting wide open looks = another title run. 

I dont see what's theres not to like about this trade.

Well, if Dwight goes down then they're thin, but i think they'd last with that frontcourt.
bhzmafia14 wrote:
PMatic wrote:

A complete roster revamp midway through season? Not a good idea. That would be a nice trade though, but then they would have too many people who need to dominate the ball.

Well, if Dwight goes down then they're thin, but i think they'd last with that frontcourt.
bhzmafia14 wrote:
PMatic wrote:

A complete roster revamp midway through season? Not a good idea. That would be a nice trade though, but then they would have too many people who need to dominate the ball.

Also Jason Richardson is expiring as well..........

So basically it's Richardson and Turk replacing Carter and Shard

And Gil replacing Pietrus/Gortat

I mean... contract wise it's kind of a wash, talent wise and impact wise it seems like a wash too.

Also Jason Richardson is expiring as well..........

So basically it's Richardson and Turk replacing Carter and Shard

And Gil replacing Pietrus/Gortat

I mean... contract wise it's kind of a wash, talent wise and impact wise it seems like a wash too.

I don't like losing Gortat for Orlando. Between D12 in foul trouble, and not having any other big men besides Bass, they're very weak in the front court defensively. Under their current gameplan this team should work better, Gil, J-Rich, Hedo should be able to create their own shot and score from the outside better than VC and Shard, but it's a lot to take in. They didn't improve their perimeter D which was embarrassing... they are too lazy because they know Dwight can back the up.
I also don't like Jameer and Gil in the same backcourt, I'd rather see Gil, J-Rich, Turk, Bass, D12. And trade Jameer for a backup center if available.

I don't like losing Gortat for Orlando. Between D12 in foul trouble, and not having any other big men besides Bass, they're very weak in the front court defensively. Under their current gameplan this team should work better, Gil, J-Rich, Hedo should be able to create their own shot and score from the outside better than VC and Shard, but it's a lot to take in. They didn't improve their perimeter D which was embarrassing... they are too lazy because they know Dwight can back the up.
I also don't like Jameer and Gil in the same backcourt, I'd rather see Gil, J-Rich, Turk, Bass, D12. And trade Jameer for a backup center if available.

Gortat is a big loss for Orlando... With Dwight & his fouls he's always been a key for them.

Gil is a nice bonus, as well as JRich & Hedo back again. I think Gil will have a nice comeback if this goes down... Not superstar status again, but definitly a good player to fit on that team.

VC & Nash will be interesting.

Gortat is a big loss for Orlando... With Dwight & his fouls he's always been a key for them.

Gil is a nice bonus, as well as JRich & Hedo back again. I think Gil will have a nice comeback if this goes down... Not superstar status again, but definitly a good player to fit on that team.

VC & Nash will be interesting.

I really wanted to see Nash in Orlando too, but now that ship has sailed. 
30t6p3b.gif

Not sure he can be traded to any "bonafide contenders" now.

I really wanted to see Nash in Orlando too, but now that ship has sailed. 
30t6p3b.gif

Not sure he can be traded to any "bonafide contenders" now.

Back
Top Bottom