OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

YUKU !#$$%++ SUCKS. ox is worse tho

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
wouldn't be a bonafide official post in this thread without throwing a jab at Broxton

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

and why the *$** is peter o malleys opinion valid anyway. SHOULDNT HAVE SOLD THE TEAM IF YOU CARE SO MUCH PAL

My sentiments exactly

+#++ you o Malleys

You guys are the reason we're in this big *+! cluster +#++ in the first place
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Yeah, they are the reason
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ you guys dismissing the O'Malley's like that name doesn't carry any weight in this city. 
laugh.gif
they havent owned the team for a long time now, his comments are irrelevant and unnecessary. you dont see jerry buss telling people how to run the kings.

Yeah, they are the reason
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ you guys dismissing the O'Malley's like that name doesn't carry any weight in this city. 
laugh.gif

We ALL know what they represent.

ALL of which wasn't done in my lifetime. All I know is, he sold it to FOX, resulting in Kevin Malone, Graziano, Davey Johnson and Dave Wallace, and finally with our own Camelot in the McCourts taking over.

Your last line makes it seem you feel they're above any scrutiny, %$*$ that. You need a point A to get to a point B. A sold to B, and B sold it to B.1
So you are blaming O'Malley for selling the team, and the subsequent moves that were made under Fox,
laugh.gif

There were many reasons the O'Malley's sold the team, blaming them for what happened under the Fox ownership is asinine whether it happened in your lifetime or not.

They ran a business a certain way, and MLB (Pro Sports in general) was moving in a different direction that contradicted his style.  Add the fact that O'Malley was constantly butting heads with Los Angeles by trying to bringan NFL (Yeah, I know you don't care about American Football) team to Los Angeles and building a Football stadium on Dodger Stadium property and the result was burnout.  O'Malley didn't have a successor in the family and he was not getting any younger.  It was the best time to sell, for him.

The O'Malley regime left the Dodgers flush with talent and with the Fox ownership bringing in their bank roll and goal of launching a west coast tv network (Fox Sports) with the Dodgers as a flagship franchise seemed to make the most sense at the time.  Hindsight is 20/20, and going from family owned to corporate did ruffle a few feathers however family ownership has been dwindling across the board in all sports.

In his comments he even states he has no interest in running the Dodgers, but wouldn't mind being a part of the transition team.  Two different things.

How can you blame O'Malley for the Fox/McCourt deal though?

If anything, you can give credit to Fox for knowing they were in over their heads and selling the team.  Who would've thought that MLB would've approved that sale?  If this thing doesn't get settled and Bud Selig retires, this saga is going to be a stain in Selig's resume along with the entire steroid era.  They had ownership groups, including one led by Eli Broad (O'Malley was a part of that group), that had enough capital to buy the team outright.  However, McCourt won the bid due to the concessions he made to Fox (Fox has tv rights until 2014), and the rumored fact that Selig felt as if he owed the fast talking Frank McCourt a franchise after losing out on the Red Sox and Angels. 
30t6p3b.gif

To simplify things, the O'Malley's sold a fully loaded pristine classic car to Fox.  Fox came in with promises of keeping maintenance and fixing the pieces that O'Malley no longer had the desire to fix, time to fix or money to fix.  They said all the right things. 

Fox ran the car to the ground, at the same time they used the car to get a reality tv series, they didn't need the car anymore. 

In comes McCourt.  He doesn't have the money to buy the car, but he can get a loan and pay it off gradually.  He promises to fix the car up, and says he can.  McCourt does the minor fixes, and begins to get attention.  They like the attention they are getting, so to match the car, they figure they need a nice garage to put it in.  Then they want more than one garage to store the car in.  They make cosmetic fixes to keep the car looking nice, even though the engine is going to !@%+.  The McCourts maintain their lifestyle, taking out loans with the car as collateral.  Finally, one McCourt wants to drive the car more than the other, they disagree and now they are fighting for the car.  The engine blew out a few months ago.

O'Malley see's the car, hood up, takes a look at the engine: "The engine is !@%+, sell the car before the rust sets in and it becomes junk".

glasses.gif

There are a lot of people to blame for what's going on, the O'Malley's IMO are not one of them.  Can't even blame Fox either. 

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

honest question

how long is all this crap going to set this team back?

years son, as has been stated on many occasions, appeals will be going for some time regardless of whats decided.

EVEN if MLB intervenes, there'll be lawsuits in the air following not too far behind.

they havent owned the team for a long time now, his comments are irrelevant and unnecessary. you dont see jerry buss telling people how to run the kings.
Nobody cares about the Kings.

There's also a difference between an inept front office and completely sullying a brand name.

The @@!* going on with the Dodgers is just embarrassing.

Say the Buss family sells the Lakers, and the new owners put the Lakers through the crap the McCourt's are putting the Dodgers.  If Buss has something to say, people are going to listen since he was the one that basically nurtured the Laker brand after it was sold to him by Jack Kent Cook.  Even if he is years removed from ownership.

The Buss name, just like the O'Malley's resonates amongst the fan base.  It has clout.  As opposed to the people on this board, many were happy that O'Malley stepped up and publicly stated that McCourt should sell the team.  It was like a rallying cry.

I don't even know why you guys are upset
laugh.gif
, I could understand if O'Malley came out and said the McCourts are great owners.

ALL of which wasn't done in my lifetime.
This one still gets me
laugh.gif

Fortunately, you are not the only Dodger fan on Earth.  The fan base has a wide range of ages.  Just because you don't care what O'Malley has to say because it didn't happen in YOUR lifetime doesn't mean that the message didn't resonate with the entire fan base.  It was welcomed if you check other Dodger message boards.  You and IYN are the only ones that don't care, which is understandable since you guys are fairly young.

I'm not even upset, the man has the right to say what he wants, just as we do here.

I see what's on TBLA and MOKM, it's visible. But again, just as they have their opinions, I do as well. I just don't happen to agree with such thoughts. Same goes for Mattingly/Wallach, Frank/Jamie, and XYZ.

Everyone has their own way of coming up with their opinion, that's how I base mine. No different.

There's also a difference between an inept front office and completely sullying a brand name.

The @@!* going on with the Dodgers is just embarrassing.

Say the Buss family sells the Lakers, and the new owners put the Lakers through the crap the McCourt's are putting the Dodgers.  If Buss has something to say, people are going to listen since he was the one that basically nurtured the Laker brand after it was sold to him by Jack Kent Cook.  Even if he is years removed from ownership.

The Buss name, just like the O'Malley's resonates amongst the fan base.  It has clout.  As opposed to the people on this board, many were happy that O'Malley stepped up and publicly stated that McCourt should sell the team.  It was like a rallying cry.

I don't even know why you guys are upset
laugh.gif
, I could understand if O'Malley came out and said the McCourts are great owners.

ALL of which wasn't done in my lifetime.
This one still gets me
laugh.gif

Fortunately, you are not the only Dodger fan on Earth.  The fan base has a wide range of ages.  Just because you don't care what O'Malley has to say because it didn't happen in YOUR lifetime doesn't mean that the message didn't resonate with the entire fan base.  It was welcomed if you check other Dodger message boards.  You and IYN are the only ones that don't care, which is understandable since you guys are fairly young.

im not upset. i just think its childish that o malley is even commenting. hes irrelevant and so are the dodgers over the last 22 years. lets not compare them to the lakers, a team that actually consistenly competes and wins. i dont even know why "Dodgers" still invoke any sort of greatness.

the o malleys name doesnt resonate with anyone. go to the stadium and ask the first 10 random people you see, no one knows who they are anymore except for people like us and people like us on here dont make up the majority of this fanbase. we are the only idiots still talking about this garbage team. everyone else just wants to go eat dodger dogs and watch a grown man with a jewfro dance around to Journey songs.

the o malleys name doesnt resonate with anyone. go to the stadium and ask the first 10 random people you see, no one knows who they are anymore except for people like us and people like us on here dont make up the majority of this fanbase. we are the only idiots still talking about this garbage team. everyone else just wants to go eat dodger dogs and watch a grown man with a jewfro dance around to Journey songs.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

O'Malley's public statement was a sentiment from what we are all feeling at the time, but he's just a public figure NOW, who commented on the situation.  

The name is embedded in the roots of Los Angeles forever, but like it was said, if he cared, why did he sell the team?  Yes he was aging, but not only did he give his opinion, but he's offering his guiding services now?
And with that said, the Dodgers would not exist in So Cal without the O'Malleys.    

Hey,
frown.gif
frown.gif

fairly young? i guess, but im pretty sure you and i are the same age Ironman.
frown.gif

I think you might be older, you do get a cut at Supercuts.

[h3]http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles...sh-good-news-logan-white-not-going-to-arizona[/h3]
[h3]Selfish good news: Logan White, De Jon Watson not going to Arizona[/h3]

His loss is our gain: Dodgers assistant general manager of amateur and international scouting Logan White and assistant general manager for player development DeJon Watson are no longer being considered for the Arizona general manager position, Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com reports.

For all the talk about Joe Torre and Don Mattingly, keeping the hope alive in the farm system is probably more important for the Dodgers' future.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[table][tr][td]
smile.gif
nerd.gif

[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td][td]San Diego Padres[sub] [2][/sub][/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]yes[/td][/tr][tr][td]11[/td][td] Milwaukee Brewers[/td][td]69[/td][td]80[/td][td]0.463[/td][td]18.0[/td][td]yes[/td][/tr][tr][td]12[/td][td]* Houston Astros[/td][td]73[/td][td]77[/td][td]0.487[/td][td]21.5[/td][td]yes[/td][/tr][tr][td]13[/td][td]* Los Angeles Dodgers[/td][td]73[/td][td]77[/td][td]0.487[/td][td]21.5[/td][td]yes[/td][/tr][tr][td]14[/td][td]* New York Mets[/td][td]74[/td][td]76[/td][td]0.493[/td][td]22.5[/td][td]yes
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

F'n Padres have a protected pick? 
30t6p3b.gif

yep, failed to sign their guy, as did the Dbacks who are looking at the 3 and 7 picks right now, with 7 being their compensation for Loux failing his physical.

Ah I see. MLB draft rules kinda confuse me sometimes.

Have you read what's going on in the divorce trial?  Not looking good for Frank at all.

Apparently, the lawyer who negotiated the team documents, switched a page that excluded Frank from sole ownership, to one that grants him sole ownership, after the couple had signed it.  
eek.gif

LINK 

Ah I see. MLB draft rules kinda confuse me sometimes.

Have you read what's going on in the divorce trial?  Not looking good for Frank at all.

Apparently, the lawyer who negotiated the team documents, switched a page that excluded Frank from sole ownership, to one that grants him sole ownership, after the couple had signed it.  
eek.gif

LINK 
i've been trying to keep up with @Molly_Knight and @DodgerDivorce but details seem rather non-existant today from either of the two

That's pretty big news though, one would think that would be the hook, line, and sinker, but in legal matters nothing is ever as it seems
30t6p3b.gif

I would think that if Frank's party can't come back with something legit to refute this, then he's done. She's gets half of everything at the very least.

See, if Frank was smarter, he would have bought her off, I'm sure she had an amount, they all do.

Watching my timeline throughout todays court proceedings and hearing Molly Knight on my way up to the game was more exciting than the game itself

At least we're officially out, people can stop holding their breaths.

As someone on TBLA said, Donnie should take over starting tomorrow

So I hear they are talking "settlement"??  If that happens, Frank will retain sole ownership.  FML.

I bet dude is gonna spend millions to hire a publicist and consultant, to get back the fan support.

I can see it now.....

So I hear they are talking "settlement"??  If that happens, Frank will retain sole ownership.  FML.

I bet dude is gonna spend millions to hire a publicist and consultant, to get back the fan support.

I can see it now.....
I really don't see how with Silversteins revelation that this is possible, but again, i'm not a legal buff.

My buddys job (Larry H Parker
laugh.gif
) hooked him up with some tickets to last nights game, what an ugly sight to be there.

Nobody in attendance, no problems getting back on the freeway, so dead you can hear the solid crack of the Padres bats, you can hear the catchers mitts pop, and overhear other peoples conversations

Emptiest i've seen the stadium with something going on on the field, even less than the WBC last season

Emptiest i've seen the stadium with something going on on the field, even less than the WBC last season

Either we have bandwagon fans, or we have fans that are actually now paying attention to what's going on overall. 

Don't most people go for a chance to hit the beach ball, and do the wave?? 
laugh.gif

Either we have bandwagon fans, or we have fans that are actually now paying attention to what's going on overall. 

Don't most people go for a chance to hit the beach ball, and do the wave?? 
laugh.gif

We have both.

Pot A moreso than pot B could ever have.

LA market is the land of bandwagoners.

Back
Top Bottom