Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Kershaw is on it tonight

This has been his year, he's where we expected him to be
smokin.gif
too #!%%$$ late
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
a player who goes at it only 32 times at the most out of a 162 game season can't do it all

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Kershaw is on it tonight

smokin.gif
too #!%%$$ late
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
a player who goes at it only 32 times at the most out of a 162 game season can't do it all

Kershaw is on it tonight

smokin.gif

I'm sure he'll regress to garbage next year when after going 5-0 with a 1.30 ERA in 6 starts the GM calls him out for not running out a hard ground ball to first base.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Kershaw is on it tonight

smokin.gif

I'm sure he'll regress to garbage next year when after going 5-0 with a 1.30 ERA in 6 starts the GM calls him out for not running out a hard ground ball to first base.

laugh.gif
Jinxing our potentially only bright spot in 2011 7 months early
30t6p3b.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Scoring Plays[/h1]
    • Top 5 - James Loney doubles (41) on a fly ball to center fielder Chris Young. Ryan Theriot scores. Matt Kemp scores. LAD 2, ARI 0
    • Bot 5 - Cole Gillespie out on a sacrifice fly to right fielder Reed Johnson. Miguel Montero scores. LAD 2, ARI 1
    • Top 8 - Rod Barajas homers (17) on a fly ball to left field. Russ Mitchell scores. LAD 4, ARI 1
    • Bot 8 - Tony Abreu homers (1) on a fly ball to left field. Stephen Drew scores. LAD 4, ARI 3
    • Bot 8 - Chris Young homers (27) on a fly ball to left field. Kelly Johnson scores. ARI 5, LAD 4

laugh.gif
I turned it off as they were leading 2-1 in the 7th

I start watching something else, log onto m.mlb.com with the phone and see the score
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

no 2 inning kuo save attempt tonight?

Kuo is lucky his career has been saved by Torre's retirement.

Anyone going to the Stadium this last weekend?   Tickets should be widely available. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

no 2 inning kuo save attempt tonight?

Kuo is lucky his career has been saved by Torre's retirement.

Anyone going to the Stadium this last weekend?   Tickets should be widely available. 
laugh.gif
Thinkin about it, $5 IR seats on a hot weekend doesn't sound too bad. Get a chance to work on my pasty brown lookin arms while enjoying the chance to send off Torre
laugh.gif

Thinkin about it, $5 IR seats on a hot weekend doesn't sound too bad. Get a chance to work on my pasty brown lookin arms while enjoying the chance to send off Torre
laugh.gif

I bet dude is gonna get a farewell ceremony and everything.  For $5, not bad at all.  But then the $15 price tag to park your vehicle. 

So what about Matt Kemp's prediction for next year?  

He said he's gonna join the 40/40 club, because he owes it to the fans.  Wonder what his strikeout to at bat ratio will be next year.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I was doing some reading on TBLA the other day, and saw this in the comments

e24253ce54bff7af3545d9d4fdfef302bd7f346.jpg

I remember the insane hype surrounding Guzman, the highest bonus for any international FA at the time he signed, lots of power etc. I was there for his Dodger Stadium debut in a freeway series exhibition, the only one cheering his %$! off
laugh.gif

Got to looking for some info on him, the last thing I remembered seeing about his whereabouts was he signed with the Nats. He's now with the O's, and ONLY 25

I found an old article that put me onto his hypetrain, I still can't believe he was traded for Lugo, and he didn't even get a shot here
indifferent.gif

03/12/05 8:00 AM ET
[h1]Top prospect: Joel Guzman[/h1][h2]Dodgers phenom is the real deal offensively[/h2]
VERO BEACH, Fla. -- In Baseball America's current list of the top 100 prospects, here's why Dodgers phenom Joel Guzman was listed as No. 5 overall.
"He's Juan Gonzalez waiting to happen."

The fact that Gonzalez was one of the most productive outfielders ofthe 1990s and that Guzman is a shortstop just scratches the surface ofthe fascination surrounding the 20-year-old prospect.

Being the top prospect in the Dodgers' minor league systemhasn't always translated into Major League success. There are plenty ofAngel Penas littering the landscape.

But, by all accounts, Guzman is the real deal.

"His ceiling, offensively, is off the chart," said farm directorTerry Collins. "The only shortstop I can really compare him to is CalRipken. And that's pretty unfair, to compare him to Ripken when he's20."

It is Guzman's size that is part of the fascination. He islisted at 6-foot-6 and 225 pounds. That's at shortstop, not smallforward. Of course, most scouts say they aren't sure where he'll playin the field eventually; they just know it won't be shortstop.

Some say third base is his natural destination, especiallysince the departure of Adrian Beltre. Some say first base, especiallywith the uncertainty there. Skills-wise, some say right field, which iswhere the Gonzalez comparison fits. Collins said Guzman is staying atshortstop, at least for a while, because there's no compelling reasonto move him.

Guzman was no secret in the Dominican Republic when, at age 16,he signed with the Dodgers for a whopping $2.25 million bonus. Fluentenough in English to serve as a team interpreter, he did nothingparticularly outstanding his first two professional seasons and wasn'teven listed in Baseball America's Top 10 Dodgers prospects a year ago. But then came the breakthrough.

"It was the first week of May and I was away from the team. Coach JuanBustabad put Joel in the three-hole, and he caught fire that night;[he] had three hits, and that was it," said Scott Little, Guzman'smanager last year at Class A Vero Beach. "It was like he said, 'This ismine.' He became The Man."

Guzman hit .307 with 14 homers and 51 RBIs in 87 games at VeroBeach, was promoted to Double-A Jacksonville and hit .280 with ninehomers and 35 RBIs in 46 games. Then he went home and played in theDominican Winter League, a serious circuit peppered with Major Leagueveterans, where he hit .298.

Management, however, did not invite Guzman to Major League camp thisspring, and is considering sending him back to open the 2005 season atJacksonville. But no one who has seen him play will be surprised if hefinishes the year in Los Angeles.

"Two years ago, he struggled at Columbus, but we promoted himto Vero Beach, anyway, and he responded and started looking like a topprospect," said Jerry Royster, then the infield coordinator and now themanager at Triple-A Las Vegas. "He likes to be challenged. I know hewanted to come to camp, that I do know. I can't wait for everybody tosee him." 

Royster said he's part of a small minority that believes Guzman should remain at shortstop.

"There will always be someone smaller and quicker, but nobody's told mewhy he can't play there," said Royster. "He has everything it takes tobe a big league shortstop."

Mariano Duncan, once a touted shortstop in the Dodgers system who will be Royster's coach, said Guzman will be a superstar.

"At his age, I didn't think like he thinks," said Duncan. "Hesees a nasty pitch, he lets it go. I ask him what he's thinking, and hesays, 'That plate belongs to me.' He recognizes the strike zone. Latinplayers come to swing the bat. You don't find too many guys like that."

Pitcher Derek Thompson, a teammate at Jacksonville, marvels at Guzman's ability.

"He stands way off the plate and reached all the way across toget outside pitches," said Thompson. "He's amazing. He's smart. He'sbasically a big leaguer already. If I was coming up behind him, I'd askfor my release."

Collins said Guzman needs to be told only once, like the time he failed to run out a pop fly.
"We had a little conversation," said Collins. "I never saw itagain. He's a young guy, and you forget it by watching him play. He'san 18-year-old leader. That's a load to carry. Since he signed, he'sbeen in the spotlight. Everything he does is being watched. If he goesthrough the motions, everybody sees it. But he's doing better thanfine. He's great. It's fun to watch him grow as a person and a player."
[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]PA[/th] [th=""]AB[/th] [th=""]R[/th] [th=""]H[/th] [th=""]2B[/th] [th=""]3B[/th] [th=""]HR[/th] [th=""]RBI[/th] [th=""]SB[/th] [th=""]CS[/th] [th=""]BB[/th] [th=""]SO[/th] [th=""]BA[/th] [th=""]OBP[/th] [th=""]SLG[/th] [th=""]OPS[/th] [th=""]OPS+[/th] [th=""]TB[/th] [th=""]GDP[/th] [th=""]HBP[/th] [th=""]SH[/th] [th=""]SF[/th] [th=""]IBB[/th] [th=""]Pos[/th] [th=""]Awards[/th][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]LAD[/td] [td]NL[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td].211[/td] [td].348[/td] [td].211[/td] [td].558[/td] [td]48[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]/537[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

http://www.ocregister.com...65205-martin-league.html

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif

I bet dude is gonna get a farewell ceremony and everything.  For $5, not bad at all.  But then the $15 price tag to park your vehicle. 

So what about Matt Kemp's prediction for next year?  

He said he's gonna join the 40/40 club, because he owes it to the fans.  Wonder what his strikeout to at bat ratio will be next year.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'll let him surprise me.

When I saw the grand slam, I felt he was visualizing Drake tongue lashing his girl in NY the night before if the rumor sites are to be believed.

If that's the case, then hope she keeps Drake around next season
laugh.gif

Ah, the only time I would truly like Drake. Keep hitting that Woodpecker hard for Kemp.

bday.png

IYN, I am passing on going this weekend. 

oh and i cant believe you bums are actually going to the games this weekend.
Why not?

$5 to get out of the house on a lazy Sunday? Pack a PBJ and park outside of the lot?

What should I be doing? Watch football?

gif_smiley20laugh.gif

Nail + coffin

Dodgers And Logan White Parting Ways?
Per Kevin Goldstein of Baseball Prospectus, who is trustworthy and not a rumor !$!++, so he had no reason to make this up.

Some rumors starting to swirl about the #Dodgers and Logan White; or rather, Logan White and no longer with the #Dodgers.

Somebody asked him a follow-up question, and the response didn't make me feel any better.

No clue, and it's just a rumor, but man there's a lot of smoke . . . RT @PastimeGroup: @Kevin_Goldstein Any idea where he's headed?

In a weird twist of events, it seems like the Dodgers are the ones who want to part ways with Logan White...

In a weird twist of events, it seems like the Dodgers are the ones who want to part ways with Logan White...

Are you serious? 
30t6p3b.gif

And leave the draft duties to who?  Ned Colletti? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I wouldn't blame LW for wanting out, if he indeed does.

Hell, I want out and I don't even work for the Dodgers, I'm just a fan.

I wouldn't blame LW for wanting out, if he indeed does.

Hell, I want out and I don't even work for the Dodgers, I'm just a fan.

I'm on the cusp bro.

This would be THE nail in the coffin for me.

Back
Top Bottom