Official 2010 NFL Combine ... $$$$$

Sorry I didn't know "Stafford the II" is on his birth certificate.
laugh.gif

Be curious to see what Cody Grimm runs. He ran a 1.62 10 yard dash last spring, which was among the fastest on the team, but I've never heard any of his 40 times. He also walked Upchurch in the Bama game on that play where he forced the fumble. Dude is so good at the other aspects of the game that people don't realize he is actually a very good athlete, just a little undersized.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Be curious to see what Cody Grimm runs. He ran a 1.62 10 yard dash last spring, which was among the fastest on the team, but I've never heard any of his 40 times. He also walked Upchurch in the Bama game on that play where he forced the fumble. Dude is so good at the other aspects of the game that people don't realize he is actually a very good athlete, just a little undersized.

The dude is a sick athlete....I wonder if he can make the transition to SS.....

*I also think Aaron Hernandez is gonna test off the charts at Indy....dude is the goods. 

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Stafford?  Why are you referring to him by his father's name?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]MAYS, STAFFORD[/td][td]TAYLOR[/td][td]SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA[/td][td]11[/td][td]DB30[/td][td]FS[/td][/tr][/table]
eyes.gif

I dont even know what to call what you did there...

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

His cover skills are garbage, so I never understood why they played him 15-18 yds off the line of scrimmage, when he is a ball hawk (not the INT type but the tackling type).
WTH? Is this some kind of made up definition? A ball hawking........tackler? Oxymoron? How are you a ball hawk and you never get picks? Come on IRON MAN, you're better than that
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He needs to work on his DB instincts if he wants to succeed or move to WLB where his tackling and hitting skills can flourish.
I'm not sure how much he can work on his instincts, but there are improvements he can make in his read/reaction. He's never going to be a really instinctual player.
I have a feeling he is going to succeed at the next level.
If he lands in the right system, yes. I think he can do some things. But that's the big thing. He has to land in a system where his strengths are accentuated and his negatives minimalized. I'm not so sure it's just as simple as moving him to WLB.
JPP #90 gonna end up the no. 1 DE off the board when its all said and done
nerd.gif

That's crazy. One semester of D1 football, and he could be a top 10 pick.
sick.gif
smh.gif
pimp.gif

* BENN, ARRELIOUS REGUS ILLINOIS 04 WO06 WO

is gonna be a monster...im calling it now.

I was kinda hoping Fendi Onobun would get an invite to the combine, though I know why he didn't.

Dude is 6'6" and runs a 4.5, played 4 years at UofA and had one year of eligibility to play football at Houston. He didn't play much at Houston but did manage to block 2 PATs in one game because he has a 38" vert.

Should be interesting to see if he can make it to the league.

Here's some video:

So, basically, every college team represented in S&T has someone who's gonna put up crazy numbers at the combine (myself included)?

BTW, Jacoby Ford guaranteed a 4.2 in some article during Senior Bowl week.

Originally Posted by Put em up

* BENN, ARRELIOUS REGUS ILLINOIS 04 WO06 WO

is gonna be a monster...im calling it now.

never lived up to billing at Illinois tho

we'll see

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Also i wonder if Blounts stock will rise. Dude was a 1st round pick for sure but dropped cause of his little suspension. Who ever gets him in the later rounds will be a happy team.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Can't wait to see how Joe "Clamps" Haden tests out.

His dad runs a training program, wonder how many times he will bench 225

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

*I also think Aaron Hernandez is gonna test off the charts at Indy....dude is the goods. 
BTW I didn't forget that you predicted Greg Boone would be a 1st round pick
laugh.gif
Dude ate himself out of a shot at the NFL.

hahaha a ball hawking tackler...haha...

on another note... my man Sergio Kindle is gonna shred up this combine...talk about FREAKS...dude is a monster

Originally Posted by ddot7

So, basically, every college team represented in S&T has someone who's gonna put up crazy numbers at the combine (myself included)?
Nope. Not Texas A&M.

glasses.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

BTW I didn't forget that you predicted Greg Boone would be a 1st round pick
laugh.gif
Dude ate himself out of a shot at the NFL.
roll.gif

I'll eat my words on that (no pun)

speaking of fat dudes, Pierre Henderson-Niles just left the Memphis B-Ball team....I wonder if he'll follow the steps of Ed Nelson and Jai Lewis and give football a chance?

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

who is this years Vernon Gholston?

taylor-mays_online.jpg

his work ethic is absurd and his physical tools are second to who?

he's not gonna start anywhere unless it's plugging up a hole on an injury riddled team or relieving an old timer, so he won't have the pressure of coming in and producing right away.

give him a year with the right coaching to get his DB "instincts" (see: not biting on every play action) up to snuff and you'll see.

I agree that Taylor's work ethic is absurd.

That said, he can't cover for +!$#, and this past season he never really hit anyone either. Dude was out there sliding at RBs trying to take out there legs. Toby Gerhart straight jumped over him several times.

Could he get the right coaching and turn his ridiculous physical talent into skill? Sure. But I think he'll still go 1st round and that team is going to expect him to start most likely. Sucks for Taylor that he couldn't get Monte to coach him.

Back
Top Bottom