Official 2010 NFL Combine ... $$$$$

Wait... he was #2 in the pac 10 in tackles last year? even after missing a game and playing hurt??

give me a few minutes to figure out how to spin that into a positive series of posts for him.

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Originally Posted by Put em up

* BENN, ARRELIOUS REGUS ILLINOIS 04 WO06 WO

is gonna be a monster...im calling it now.

never lived up to billing at Illinois tho

we'll see

okay.....
eyes.gif

QB play... but I didnt remember Juice Williams is just as good as Jake Locker

his work ethic is absurd and his physical tools are second to who?
Ghost.jpg

Is that Vernon Gholston you speak of?
nerd.gif
Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by ddot7

The thought of developing instincts is kinda funny to me...
Man, I said that before but what do I know
laugh.gif
*shrugs*
I find it funny how the only dudes sticking up for "Stafford" in here are SC dudes.
laugh.gif
...coincidence?  I think not.

^ i'm a jets fan too though and even ihated the gholston pick. though im a slight tO$U hater too, so...
laugh.gif

^that would definitely depend on what team he goes to. i don't think Zbikowski would be doing so well if he wasn't on the Ravens, learning from Reed.

i'm not gonna rule out the chances of Mays being decent, it will just depend on the system he's in. but i highly doubt he will be a regular starter anywhere next year. 

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

who is this years Vernon Gholston?
grin.gif

Stafford wont be a Top 10 pick.

Which means he will most likely land on a team with playoff hopes.

I love all the hate he gets on here.

I was dissapointed in his senior year performance, but his work ethic is off the charts, he is fast.  Hopefully he gets into an organization which will utilize him correctly.

His cover skills are garbage, so I never understood why they played him 15-18 yds off the line of scrimmage, when he is a ball hawk (not the INT type but the tackling type).  He needs to work on his DB instincts if he wants to succeed or move to WLB where his tackling and hitting skills can flourish.

I have a feeling he is going to succeed at the next level.
How you gonna hit him with the 
grin.gif
then put up all those negatives about Mays?...

Adam Archuleta had an absurd work-ethic and tested off the charts in Indy....but at some point you have to know how to play football.

Originally Posted by dreClark

His cover skills are garbage, so I never understood why they played him 15-18 yds off the line of scrimmage, when he is a ball hawk (not the INT type but the tackling type).
WTH? Is this some kind of made up definition? A ball hawking........tackler? Oxymoron? How are you a ball hawk and you never get picks? Come on IRON MAN, you're better than that
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He needs to work on his DB instincts if he wants to succeed or move to WLB where his tackling and hitting skills can flourish.
I'm not sure how much he can work on his instincts, but there are improvements he can make in his read/reaction. He's never going to be a really instinctual player.

Did you not read what's in the parenthesis?
laugh.gif

I know he doesn't get picks, he is a ball hawk when the ball is on the ground.  Taylor's skills are a DB are terrible, he has no fundamentals.  However, he is knows how to tackle and when the ball is on the ground he knows how to find it.  He was the leader or one of the leaders diespite playing 15+ yards off the ball.

He gets no picks because he has no instincts when the ball is in the air, his goal is always to knock the other guy out.

I was actually hoping that Pete would've used Taylor the same way Stoop's used Roy Williams.  Pete didn't, and it was questioned throughout the year.  Unlike Roy Williams, Taylor has a better chance to succeed at the next level due to the fact that Taylor is big enough to be moved to WLB if the team drafting him wants to.

Taylor was always around the ball, maybe it's 'cause he likes to hit people, but he was always around the ball.  Either making the tackle or assisting with a tackle.

laugh.gif
 didn't know ball hawk automatically meant an interception machine to some of you.

Adam Archuleta had an absurd work-ethic and tested off the charts in Indy....but at some point you have to know how to play football.
Don't be mad that he was garbage after the Skins gave him that fat contract
laugh.gif

Archuleta was actually good with the Rams.

How you gonna hit him with the 
grin.gif
then put up all those negatives about Mays?...
The
grin.gif
 was for the Vernon Gholston comment.  I don't think Taylor goes in the Top 20 just based on the negatives that have piled up since the beginning of his Senior year.

Gholston was picked in the Top 10 (#6).

At the same time, I think Taylor is going to succeed at the next level.

You can call it instincts, technique, fundamentals.  He knows how to find the ball, he is not scared to hit, he can tackle.  His fundamentals are awful.  I've always said he needs to stop going for the big hit, and just go for the ball.

So you can check that, the instincts are there, his fundamentals are awful.

Did you not read what's in the parenthesis?
laugh.gif
I did, which is why I said what I said.
Taylor was always aroundthe ball, maybe it's 'cause he likes to hit people, but he was alwaysaround the ball.  Either making the tackle or assisting with a tackle.

So that's what you meant. You think he is always around the ball.  A tackling machine. Not that he's a ball hawk.
laugh.gif
 didn't know ball hawk automatically meant an interception machine to some of you.
I have never heard the term 'ball hawk' used for a player that was not an interception machine, always makes plays on the ball. i.e. a player who swoops in for interceptions like a hawk does it's prey.
ohwell.gif

Really at this point were arguing over terms tho'
laugh.gif

Unlike Roy Williams, Taylor has a better chance to succeed at the next level due to the fact that Taylor is big enough to be moved to WLB if the team drafting him wants to.
you do know roy was a pretty good NFL player his 1st 4-5 years in the NFL right? he got fat and slow and stop watching flim and it went down hill. now its in his head he cant cover so sucks even more

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Unlike Roy Williams, Taylor has a better chance to succeed at the next level due to the fact that Taylor is big enough to be moved to WLB if the team drafting him wants to.
you do know roy was a pretty good NFL player his 1st 4-5 years in the NFL right? he got fat and slow and stop watching flim and it went down hill. now its in his head he cant cover so sucks even more

He was good, don't get me wrong.  His cover skills were always in question.

I'm just saying Taylor's size will make him more versatile in terms of how a team can choose to develop him.

Taylor Mays is alot closer to Adam Archuleta than Roy Williams. As much as I hated on him whe Sean was alive with Marley and S4L Roy Williams had instincts and a nack for making plays even at OU . Taylor and Adam never did. Taylor Mays will be a NFL player and his hype has muted enough that he wont be a bust but comparing him to Roy is off base

4 Pages in and no mention of this years most talked about draft pick? It is going to be interesting to see how much more Tebow's stock drops after the combine, after bombing the Senior Bowl.

Originally Posted by theone2401

Taylor Mays is alot closer to Adam Archuleta than Roy Williams. As much as I hated on him whe Sean was alive with Marley and S4L Roy Williams had instincts and a nack for making plays even at OU . Taylor and Adam never did. Taylor Mays will be a NFL player and his hype has muted enough that he wont be a bust but comparing him to Roy is off base

bingo, roy was a play maker at ou.  even his first 4 years in the league

even though hes been trash for a few years roy def had instincts

mays has great work ethic and is chiseled but dudes football iq is below avg

Gerhart more than likely might not go first round but he will be a great back in the NFL. He fights for every yard and doesn't give up. He is a workhorse. If he said 4.43 40 I believe hell make it happen at the combine

Originally Posted by OwensStr8Clownin

Gerhart more than likely might not go first round but he will be a great back in the NFL. He fights for every yard and doesn't give up. He is a workhorse. If he said 4.43 40 I believe hell make it happen at the combine
Stanford fan?

Originally Posted by USA Pride4Life

Gerhart said he has run a 4.43 in the 40-yard dash at Stanford. To make his case for being a primary back, he may have to duplicate it, or even improve on it, by the time of the NFL draft, April 22-24.

"Once I post some good times I think things will settle out," Gerhart said.

"I can't wait to go out there and turn some heads at the combine."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ries/stories/021910dnspodoaklede.3f54464.html

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
He's got to improve on a 4.43 to make a case as an every-down back?

If Toby Gerhart rips off a 4.43, he's probably THE every-down back in this class...

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]HARBOR, CLAYTON[/td][td]CLAY[/td][td]MISSOURI ST[/td][td]03[/td][td]TE12[/td][td]TE[/td][/tr][/table]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by USA Pride4Life

Gerhart said he has run a 4.43 in the 40-yard dash at Stanford. To make his case for being a primary back, he may have to duplicate it, or even improve on it, by the time of the NFL draft, April 22-24.

"Once I post some good times I think things will settle out," Gerhart said.

"I can't wait to go out there and turn some heads at the combine."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ries/stories/021910dnspodoaklede.3f54464.html

whoever takes gerhardt is gonna be happy, that dude reads and follows blocks perfectly. playing rb isn't about how fast you are in space, it's how quickly you can get through the hole, and gerhardt put up huge numbers making textbook off tackle runs. i don't know if he has sub 4.5 in him, but i do think he'll be a good player

Originally Posted by khakilife

4 Pages in and no mention of this years most talked about draft pick? It is going to be interesting to see how much more Tebow's stock drops after the combine, after bombing the Senior Bowl.

banned for mentioning uf qb 15

Back
Top Bottom