**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

Originally Posted by The Wizard

If you move Amare to the 5, do you really want a frontcourt of Melo, Gallinari and Amare?

In an up and down offense, that would be almost unguardable.

But I do agree with you regarding spending money just to spend it. Gallo's great but sooner or later he's gonna have to be paid (assuming he performs beyond expectations like Lee did). Gallo could definitely fit in as a 4 in a small lineup or as a 3 in a big lineup. Can you imagine those three with a competent PG and a defense-only 5? Yowza.

Why is everyone speculating line-ups with Melo in it... Just being a realist, if we trade for Melo we would be giving out some SERIOUS pieces to our puzzle (not saying the trade wouldn't be remarkable). After the Lebron madness I don't want to get my hopes up for a trade/signing that may never happen.

Why is everyone speculating line-ups with Melo in it... Just being a realist, if we trade for Melo we would be giving out some SERIOUS pieces to our puzzle (not saying the trade wouldn't be remarkable). After the Lebron madness I don't want to get my hopes up for a trade/signing that may never happen.

gallo at the 4 wouldnt work. its best to have amare at 4. have a reliable man at center. if we get melo have him at 3 and have gallo coming off the bench as the 6 man.

having gallo at 4 is a mismatch night in and night out. imagine gallo trying to guard dirk, boozer, bosh, or pau. its a lot to ask of him in my opinion. he can guard some of them but it would be difficult to do it night in and night out at extended minutes

gallo at the 4 wouldnt work. its best to have amare at 4. have a reliable man at center. if we get melo have him at 3 and have gallo coming off the bench as the 6 man.

having gallo at 4 is a mismatch night in and night out. imagine gallo trying to guard dirk, boozer, bosh, or pau. its a lot to ask of him in my opinion. he can guard some of them but it would be difficult to do it night in and night out at extended minutes

The best lineup right now is:

Felton
Chandler
Gallinari
Randolph
Stoudemire

Amare will likely stay the center unless the Knicks acquire an outstanding 5 sometime down the line.

If the Knicks did get Melo, a frontcourt of Melo-Gallinari-Stoudemire would be DOPE, just as I thought the same thing including Lebron would've been one of the best offensive frontcourts in recent memory. Gallinari might have problems defending other PFs, but so does Rashard Lewis, and when would Mike D'Antoni ever care to begin with?

The best lineup right now is:

Felton
Chandler
Gallinari
Randolph
Stoudemire

Amare will likely stay the center unless the Knicks acquire an outstanding 5 sometime down the line.

If the Knicks did get Melo, a frontcourt of Melo-Gallinari-Stoudemire would be DOPE, just as I thought the same thing including Lebron would've been one of the best offensive frontcourts in recent memory. Gallinari might have problems defending other PFs, but so does Rashard Lewis, and when would Mike D'Antoni ever care to begin with?

if yall get melo & cp3 its gonna crack i wont lie but yall will still take one on the chin from da bulls

if yall get melo & cp3 its gonna crack i wont lie but yall will still take one on the chin from da bulls

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Granted Gallo isn't involved what pieces? I'm not high on Turiaf or Felton or some of these other guys. No surprise when they get traded imo. That's what they're there for; to look good in the offense and good enough so we can get Melo or a pg.

Keep Amar'e, the Russian, the Italian, maybe some of those 2nd rounders and just about everybody else can go for Melo and CP3/TP (possibly for adittional players on those teams). After that we can go in to the market look for dudes for the MLE and vet minimum.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Granted Gallo isn't involved what pieces? I'm not high on Turiaf or Felton or some of these other guys. No surprise when they get traded imo. That's what they're there for; to look good in the offense and good enough so we can get Melo or a pg.

Keep Amar'e, the Russian, the Italian, maybe some of those 2nd rounders and just about everybody else can go for Melo and CP3/TP (possibly for adittional players on those teams). After that we can go in to the market look for dudes for the MLE and vet minimum.

I just wanted to say if you guys arent gonna give Bill Walker PT...then send him our way. Kid is niceeeee man, slept on heavily.
pimp.gif

I just wanted to say if you guys arent gonna give Bill Walker PT...then send him our way. Kid is niceeeee man, slept on heavily.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Gallinari might have problems defending other PFs, but so does Rashard Lewis, and when would Mike D'Antoni ever care to begin with?
Uhhh... Dwight Howard.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Gallinari might have problems defending other PFs, but so does Rashard Lewis, and when would Mike D'Antoni ever care to begin with?
Uhhh... Dwight Howard.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

pimp.gif

who the +%%! said we wanna give him away? we actually want him in our starting line up.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

pimp.gif

who the +%%! said we wanna give him away? we actually want him in our starting line up.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Sup Fellas... I see y'all scrapped the Old Testament, how are y'all holding up?
Well some have already moved on to discussing/waiting for Melo, so we haven't missed a beat.

We still got Amare, and David Lee could have walked for nothing, but we get Randolph who has great potential, Azubuike who could be a solid rotation player, and Turiaf who is a great locker room guy and I've heard/read nothing but good things about him... not expecting much, but certainly not a cancerous personality or anything.

Felton got paid a bit too much, but for 2 years, and a 3rd year with a team option, I'm happy with that.  I think he'll fit right in with the offense.  Then this Russian, Mozgov, 7'1, 260, athletic, blocks shots, top ranked overseas prospects, could be a very smart move.

There are a lot of questions still, between possible rotations and minutes, potential trades/free agents, how everyone will fit in and who reaches their potential... but those are mostly positive concerns.  For the first time in awhile, there could be a lot of great things coming out of a very young Knicks team... and we still maintain our salary cap space for next year.  Like I said, it could have gone far worse... we could have signed Travis Outlaw and Jordan Farmar.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Sup Fellas... I see y'all scrapped the Old Testament, how are y'all holding up?
Well some have already moved on to discussing/waiting for Melo, so we haven't missed a beat.

We still got Amare, and David Lee could have walked for nothing, but we get Randolph who has great potential, Azubuike who could be a solid rotation player, and Turiaf who is a great locker room guy and I've heard/read nothing but good things about him... not expecting much, but certainly not a cancerous personality or anything.

Felton got paid a bit too much, but for 2 years, and a 3rd year with a team option, I'm happy with that.  I think he'll fit right in with the offense.  Then this Russian, Mozgov, 7'1, 260, athletic, blocks shots, top ranked overseas prospects, could be a very smart move.

There are a lot of questions still, between possible rotations and minutes, potential trades/free agents, how everyone will fit in and who reaches their potential... but those are mostly positive concerns.  For the first time in awhile, there could be a lot of great things coming out of a very young Knicks team... and we still maintain our salary cap space for next year.  Like I said, it could have gone far worse... we could have signed Travis Outlaw and Jordan Farmar.

Back
Top Bottom