**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

Y'all do know that anyone can post anything on Bleacher Report?  It's pretty much the blog version of NT's S&T forum.

Y'all do know that anyone can post anything on Bleacher Report?  It's pretty much the blog version of NT's S&T forum.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
v7vcye.jpg
[/font]
Haters stay hating
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

It's the absolute worst nightmare for any devoted New York Knicks fan. They have their own Freddy Kreuger. And he won't go away. Could this possibly be true? Could the eternally clueless Knicks owner James Dolan be obtuse enough, to bring back the totally discredited Isaiah Lord Thomas as team GM, in the event that Donnie Walsh departs? Is it possible? --Bob Ryan on PTI today
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
{

It's the absolute worst nightmare for any devoted New York Knicks fan. They have their own Freddy Kreuger. And he won't go away. Could this possibly be true? Could the eternally clueless Knicks owner James Dolan be obtuse enough, to bring back the totally discredited Isaiah Lord Thomas as team GM, in the event that Donnie Walsh departs? Is it possible? --Bob Ryan on PTI today
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
{

No... we really don't, at least not this early.

The point of 2010 was to get far enough under the cap to possibly land big FAs, we got Amare but not Lebron. But besides just getting under the cap, we needed to try to find young and cheap players with good potential, that wouldn't cripple us with bad contracts for years... which we did very well. Gallinari will have a bigger role and could have a great year, we have huge potential in Randolph, we got the best available PG on the market for a great 2 year deal, Douglas will improve with bench minutes, Azubuike, Chandler, Walker, the Russian, all young and relatively cheap.

Why would we start looking at FA's next year when for the first time in awhile, we have young pieces that could develop into something real. I'm not saying EVERYONE will become all-stars or become championship caliber players, but hell... let's at least see how they look out there before we get excited for Barbosa, Brewer, and J-Rich

No... we really don't, at least not this early.

The point of 2010 was to get far enough under the cap to possibly land big FAs, we got Amare but not Lebron. But besides just getting under the cap, we needed to try to find young and cheap players with good potential, that wouldn't cripple us with bad contracts for years... which we did very well. Gallinari will have a bigger role and could have a great year, we have huge potential in Randolph, we got the best available PG on the market for a great 2 year deal, Douglas will improve with bench minutes, Azubuike, Chandler, Walker, the Russian, all young and relatively cheap.

Why would we start looking at FA's next year when for the first time in awhile, we have young pieces that could develop into something real. I'm not saying EVERYONE will become all-stars or become championship caliber players, but hell... let's at least see how they look out there before we get excited for Barbosa, Brewer, and J-Rich

Tim Wood is a clown. Amar'e, a role player and David Lee, a proven star?
laugh.gif
As long as NYC saves their money they should be alright. Gallinari will only get better and Felton is competent. If guys are determined to beat the Heat's big 3, NYC is a sensible place to congregate. CP3 said something to that effect at Melo's wedding. Paul/Melo/Amare/Gallo could hold their own against Wade/Bron/Bosh/Miller. I hope stars don't just sit on their hands and let the Heat take the next 5 chips (though I'd still bet on LA next year).

Tim Wood is a clown. Amar'e, a role player and David Lee, a proven star?
laugh.gif
As long as NYC saves their money they should be alright. Gallinari will only get better and Felton is competent. If guys are determined to beat the Heat's big 3, NYC is a sensible place to congregate. CP3 said something to that effect at Melo's wedding. Paul/Melo/Amare/Gallo could hold their own against Wade/Bron/Bosh/Miller. I hope stars don't just sit on their hands and let the Heat take the next 5 chips (though I'd still bet on LA next year).

what the @**# do people want from donnie walsh? it's not his fault that the guy who flirted with us planned to join his butt buddies (months if not years in advance) in a place with no media and no hardcore fans to pressure him. what the hell could have donnie done? nobody knew he was THAT %%%$% made. donnie would be crucified if he didn't try to get lebron. And this loser Bron would have probably said "oh well yeah i wanted to play in NYC but the knicks didn't have the money"

he cleaned out the trash! in two short years! got a piece in amare. we still have flexibility for the future. what the hell do people want from him? we didn't sign any bad character guys. we have a nice young squad.

it wasn't a giant success but it wasn't a giant failure either. they should spend their time writing Nets articles.

BTW if i had 3 wishes, one of them would be to send 90% of the sports beat writers in new york to the sun. they are disgusting people who make a living trashing good people like donnie. they are 20 times happier when the knicks suck and all they know how to do is sensationalize a story

what the @**# do people want from donnie walsh? it's not his fault that the guy who flirted with us planned to join his butt buddies (months if not years in advance) in a place with no media and no hardcore fans to pressure him. what the hell could have donnie done? nobody knew he was THAT %%%$% made. donnie would be crucified if he didn't try to get lebron. And this loser Bron would have probably said "oh well yeah i wanted to play in NYC but the knicks didn't have the money"

he cleaned out the trash! in two short years! got a piece in amare. we still have flexibility for the future. what the hell do people want from him? we didn't sign any bad character guys. we have a nice young squad.

it wasn't a giant success but it wasn't a giant failure either. they should spend their time writing Nets articles.

BTW if i had 3 wishes, one of them would be to send 90% of the sports beat writers in new york to the sun. they are disgusting people who make a living trashing good people like donnie. they are 20 times happier when the knicks suck and all they know how to do is sensationalize a story

Back
Top Bottom