**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

The concern some have for waiting to sign them in FA is the experience we just went through. We certainly could just wait and try to sign them outright, but who knows what happens to the NBA by the end of this next season. The potential lockout could force Melo's hand into signing an extension, in which we'd be forced to offer a trade. New Orleans will be getting tons of offers for CP3, who's to say they don't take one and Paul never reaches FA, or maybe they make moves and Paul stays with the team.

I won't be surprised if there are rumors/discussions of making a move for either one through trade, thankfully we now have more talent to offer up as well as waiting for next offseason to sign them outright if we want to. For me, if there's a good offer available, then you pull the trigger and know for a fact you bring in another superstar and don't leave anything to chance... but right now I'm just looking forward to seeing this team develop and see if we can reach our potential this season and worry about the rest later.

The concern some have for waiting to sign them in FA is the experience we just went through. We certainly could just wait and try to sign them outright, but who knows what happens to the NBA by the end of this next season. The potential lockout could force Melo's hand into signing an extension, in which we'd be forced to offer a trade. New Orleans will be getting tons of offers for CP3, who's to say they don't take one and Paul never reaches FA, or maybe they make moves and Paul stays with the team.

I won't be surprised if there are rumors/discussions of making a move for either one through trade, thankfully we now have more talent to offer up as well as waiting for next offseason to sign them outright if we want to. For me, if there's a good offer available, then you pull the trigger and know for a fact you bring in another superstar and don't leave anything to chance... but right now I'm just looking forward to seeing this team develop and see if we can reach our potential this season and worry about the rest later.

07:29 AM ET 07.13 | The best laid plans for the Knicks went up in smoke. The Knicks were hoping to introduce LeBron James to the world from Times Square. It was going to be the press conference to end all press conferences. What better way to announce to the NBA that the King has indeed arrived and that the Knicks are back? ... No matter how the Knicks try to spin it, James' decision was a devastating blow for a franchise that schemed for two years to bring the league's biggest free agent to Madison Square Garden. Some Knicks executives were so sure James was coming to New York that on draft night, they were discussing college prospects in terms of how well they'd complement James.

New York Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/07/13/2010-07-13_garden_back_to_future.html

07:29 AM ET 07.13 | The best laid plans for the Knicks went up in smoke. The Knicks were hoping to introduce LeBron James to the world from Times Square. It was going to be the press conference to end all press conferences. What better way to announce to the NBA that the King has indeed arrived and that the Knicks are back? ... No matter how the Knicks try to spin it, James' decision was a devastating blow for a franchise that schemed for two years to bring the league's biggest free agent to Madison Square Garden. Some Knicks executives were so sure James was coming to New York that on draft night, they were discussing college prospects in terms of how well they'd complement James.

New York Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/07/13/2010-07-13_garden_back_to_future.html

it was the pressure. we would have made him into the biggest athlete since MJ. he knows it and declined

it was the pressure. we would have made him into the biggest athlete since MJ. he knows it and declined

Originally Posted by DubA169

Co-sign.

All i can say is...Dude turned down being the worlds most famous celeb playing in NYC and winning a couple rings IMO.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Co-sign.

All i can say is...Dude turned down being the worlds most famous celeb playing in NYC and winning a couple rings IMO.

Via Twitter

jalenrose

"#nba During this season or after as a FA Spurs Tony Parker will find his way to the Knicks(didn't like being benched for Hill in playoffs)
6 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji]"

Via Twitter

jalenrose

"#nba During this season or after as a FA Spurs Tony Parker will find his way to the Knicks(didn't like being benched for Hill in playoffs)
6 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji]"

Meh @ those rumors. Suddenly everybody isn't happy with their situation and wants to come to NY. We'll see in the offseason. JRose sounds like he just going off his opinion, what happened and a couple things said by TP or his camp or sources..

Those claims might have support if Hill suddenly starting games and TP is coming off the bench.

Meh @ those rumors. Suddenly everybody isn't happy with their situation and wants to come to NY. We'll see in the offseason. JRose sounds like he just going off his opinion, what happened and a couple things said by TP or his camp or sources..

Those claims might have support if Hill suddenly starting games and TP is coming off the bench.

we are the knicks somehow the new CBA will screw us over and everyone will resign before the season ends. i can see a work stoppage happening. the league needs drastic revamping.

what kind of changes would yall like to see? i really don't care how much the players make... but when they get fat and stop caring, there needs to be a way around it. I want to see less guaranteed money or at least have players like curry not count against the cap.

we are the knicks somehow the new CBA will screw us over and everyone will resign before the season ends. i can see a work stoppage happening. the league needs drastic revamping.

what kind of changes would yall like to see? i really don't care how much the players make... but when they get fat and stop caring, there needs to be a way around it. I want to see less guaranteed money or at least have players like curry not count against the cap.

Donne is looking to re-sign Earl Barron
pimp.gif

how many centers would we have. someone getting traded. i hope Mike gives the Russian playing time.

how many centers would we have. someone getting traded. i hope Mike gives the Russian playing time.

laugh.gif
Can we get a guard?

By the way, you guys are supergay for all this David Lee talk. He was fine, I'm happier to have Anthony Randolph. David Lee wasn't worth the money. I appreciate everything he did but I'm not going to miss him that much. I guess it must be a guy thing.

laugh.gif
Can we get a guard?

By the way, you guys are supergay for all this David Lee talk. He was fine, I'm happier to have Anthony Randolph. David Lee wasn't worth the money. I appreciate everything he did but I'm not going to miss him that much. I guess it must be a guy thing.

just a random thought....
imagine if nate and turiaf were on the same team?
all that hype on the bench....
pimp.gif

just a random thought....
imagine if nate and turiaf were on the same team?
all that hype on the bench....
pimp.gif

[h1]Can Nuggets trade J.R. Smith?[/h1]
Views11392Comments37 
08:23 AM ET 01.28 | Guard J.R. Smith is a loser. Trust him? No way.Any NBA team truly serious about winning a championship cannot have Smith on the court, the bench or the team bus.So what is Denver going to do about Smith?Absolutely nothing.It would be a dream scenario if the Nuggets could somehow trade Smith, his $6.1 million salary, tantalizing athletic potential and forever childish attitude for a reliable big man. Nuggets are considering the Knick's would take him for Eddie Curry's contract. Talks have been spurring but Donnie made it clear he was finished with this year's free agency and trades.

Back
Top Bottom