**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

[h1]Can Nuggets trade J.R. Smith?[/h1]
Views11392Comments37 
08:23 AM ET 01.28 | Guard J.R. Smith is a loser. Trust him? No way.Any NBA team truly serious about winning a championship cannot have Smith on the court, the bench or the team bus.So what is Denver going to do about Smith?Absolutely nothing.It would be a dream scenario if the Nuggets could somehow trade Smith, his $6.1 million salary, tantalizing athletic potential and forever childish attitude for a reliable big man. Nuggets are considering the Knick's would take him for Eddie Curry's contract. Talks have been spurring but Donnie made it clear he was finished with this year's free agency and trades.

Saw this on espn.

[h1]If the Knicks are successful in trading away Curry's expiring contract for Richard Hamilton?[/h1] do you think that would create such a stir that a FA splash would result in that? I mean Detroit is clearly rebuilding and back when Curry was a starter with that massive and ridiculous long term contract of his Detroit almost traded RIP for him. Now that his contract is expiring next summer and a lot of that massive & ridiculous $$$ comes off the books for whatever team he plays could fare well for Detroit in the long-run.

The Knicks would get a natural SG that could still score and probably is the most gifted off the ball scorer in the NBA . He had an injury plagued season but still dropped 36 points on Orlando and still was a 18+ PPG guy keep in mind he didn't get along with Gordon of course. His defense is also good and he would give NY championship exp. that FA's would see NY as seriously wanting to produce a winner.

And put RIP or Chandler as 6th Man...

Saw this on espn.

[h1]If the Knicks are successful in trading away Curry's expiring contract for Richard Hamilton?[/h1] do you think that would create such a stir that a FA splash would result in that? I mean Detroit is clearly rebuilding and back when Curry was a starter with that massive and ridiculous long term contract of his Detroit almost traded RIP for him. Now that his contract is expiring next summer and a lot of that massive & ridiculous $$$ comes off the books for whatever team he plays could fare well for Detroit in the long-run.

The Knicks would get a natural SG that could still score and probably is the most gifted off the ball scorer in the NBA . He had an injury plagued season but still dropped 36 points on Orlando and still was a 18+ PPG guy keep in mind he didn't get along with Gordon of course. His defense is also good and he would give NY championship exp. that FA's would see NY as seriously wanting to produce a winner.

And put RIP or Chandler as 6th Man...

Why would we want Rip? Poor man's Reggie Miller w/ a ring. Doesn't seem like a smart move  right now or ever (unless he's coming off the bench for cheap). Past his prime and injury riddled.

Donnie needs to straight up say to Denver "I aint taking Smith without Anthony."

Why would we want Rip? Poor man's Reggie Miller w/ a ring. Doesn't seem like a smart move  right now or ever (unless he's coming off the bench for cheap). Past his prime and injury riddled.

Donnie needs to straight up say to Denver "I aint taking Smith without Anthony."

Please, please, please give Felton a chance this season. Wait until next for a chance, albeit slim, at CP3. Ok, enough hypothesizing.

Please, please, please give Felton a chance this season. Wait until next for a chance, albeit slim, at CP3. Ok, enough hypothesizing.

Past his prime and injury riddled?
laugh.gif

I thought about that trade during the trade deadline. Either RIP or Gordon has to go, and its most likely Hamilton. I'd open him with open arms.

RIP's midrange game is MONEY, i dont know how you can even bothering arguing against that.

Past his prime and injury riddled?
laugh.gif

I thought about that trade during the trade deadline. Either RIP or Gordon has to go, and its most likely Hamilton. I'd open him with open arms.

RIP's midrange game is MONEY, i dont know how you can even bothering arguing against that.

Just checked Detroit's salaries.
roll.gif
The hell we gonna help them for? Donnie got KAHN stamped on his forehead? Take Rip for 12 a year, 3 years?! We might as well have took Monta.

Just checked Detroit's salaries.
roll.gif
The hell we gonna help them for? Donnie got KAHN stamped on his forehead? Take Rip for 12 a year, 3 years?! We might as well have took Monta.

Rip would kiss our cap space goodbye for the next season, as well as tie us up for 3 years at about 12.6 per year, no thanks.

And please... JR Smith should be nowhere near this team, I don't even want him in the Garden in fear that he'd do something outrageously stupid and influence our players.

Rip would kiss our cap space goodbye for the next season, as well as tie us up for 3 years at about 12.6 per year, no thanks.

And please... JR Smith should be nowhere near this team, I don't even want him in the Garden in fear that he'd do something outrageously stupid and influence our players.

the discussion of players that MIGHT come here is kind of annoying

our roster is looking rather
pimp.gif
right now, walsh should be lauded for his efforts

the discussion of players that MIGHT come here is kind of annoying

our roster is looking rather
pimp.gif
right now, walsh should be lauded for his efforts

Im still tight that they labeled Walsh a biggest loser during this free agency sweepstakes.
Yeah he mightn't have gotten LBJ but this mother @++++* right here is makin some good moves and I can more than appreciate them.
that 2 year Ray Felt deal was marvelous. IDK how he pulled that off

Im still tight that they labeled Walsh a biggest loser during this free agency sweepstakes.
Yeah he mightn't have gotten LBJ but this mother @++++* right here is makin some good moves and I can more than appreciate them.
that 2 year Ray Felt deal was marvelous. IDK how he pulled that off

Back
Top Bottom