Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

The last sentence is non-sequitor. What do the Giants have to do with B.J. Upton?

Even if the Giants are interested, who would the Rays want? And why would the Giants give up prospects to get a headache in Upton?

Bochy you +*#*++$ at least let Bumgarner finish the game
smh.gif

nice to see the team get their @%%# together for what seemed like a near season ending road trip
Bum
pimp.gif

Glad to read that the Hart rumors seem to be going nowhere....dude would be rowand v.2 if he ended up at pac bell

But Braun on the other hand...I know it would take timmy to even get talks started (dude's contract is a thing of beauty for the upcoming years)...ah !%#@ it....it aint happening.

Originally Posted by chris82790

Bochy you +*#*++$ at least let Bumgarner finish the game
smh.gif
We win the game and you want to pick on Bochy for not letting him finish? Come on. He will have plenty of chances to go the distance.

Bumgarner threw a great game.  I think he's definitely solidified that 5th spot and he'll only get better.  As far as not finishing the game, he threw 115 pitches there was no need to keep him in there.

Hopefully Timmy pitches in Cy Young form tomorrow and delivers a much needed sweep

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Ryan Garko is hitting a cool .091.

I absolutely cannot believe there were people one here who were arguing with me last year about him being absolute trash.  I still remember seeing Sabean with that smug effing look on his stupid effing face when he was spouting out diarrhea like "he is a professional hitter," or "he punishes left handed pitching."  God, hearing his name makes me cringe.
On a side note, Cbssportsline has a short write up on Pablo on its fantasy leagues front page......

[table][tr][td]
This past November, "Operation Panda" became full-go for Pablo Sandoval and the Giants.

The purpose was to take the Round Mound of Pound and remove the round and the mound. The plan called for him to begin strength training for the first time in his life and to adhere to a strict diet.

I'm guessing mostly bamboo.

The Giants hoped the change in habits would make him better in the short-term and keep him viable in the long-term. They wanted him to become toned and fit. They wanted him to become quick and agile. They wanted him to become, you know, an athlete.

Instead, he simply became tired and feeble.

Somebody get that man a cheeseburger.

Granted, I don't really know how Sandoval feels. I haven't asked him. But he wouldn't be the first athlete to lose functionality in his efforts to gain strength.

For all his hard work and discipline this offseason, for all the portions measured, workouts logged and weight lost -- 15 pounds before camp and five during -- he still came out looking as big and round as ever.

What was the point of it all?

Friends come in all shapes and sizes. Elmo said so. Some players are built the way they are, and no amount of dieting or exercising can change that. If Sandoval has a genetic predisposition for size, maybe that's his peak operating capacity, and any attempt to change it is nothing more than wasted energy.

You can't fit a square peg into a round hole -- or vice versa, in this case.

Of course, that explanation is nothing more than a wild guess on my part. The more scientific lesson to learn here is that players whose primary contribution is batting average aren't the most reliable investments in Fantasy.

Most of Sandoval's value last year came from his .330 batting average, and while it showed he's a better contact hitter than, say, Dan Uggla, it still owed something to luck. Most players are capable of hitting within 30 points of their career batting average within a given year. Even a drop to .300 would have a huge impact on Sandoval's Fantasy value since his power numbers weren't especially impressive and he didn't walk much. What would he fall back on?

And now that he's batting .269 with six home runs, we're all better prepared to answer that question.

Chances are he'll get better from here, but he has a long way to go to meet last year's numbers, especially coming off such a draining offseason. We can probably give up on him being an elite option, at least for this year.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Dont know why I cant edit...weird........

Anyways, what I was going to write underneath the article is has anyone actually read/heard specific details and results from Operation Panda? I, like a bunch of people on NT, assumed Pablo didnt take it serious and actually came to camp fatter than before. Now this article says basically gives the impression that Pablo worked his tail off this offseason and dropped 20 pounds. Yet he "LOOKED as big and round as ever."

I feel like what we all assumed is the exact opposite of what this guy is reporting. Saying he is tired and wasted a lot of energy to try to be slim, and that might have done more harm than good. So are the results of Operation Panda public knowledge?

I thought it was something like he dropped some weight, but when he went back home, he ended up gaining it back. I could be wrong though.

I thought it was something like he dropped some weight, but when he went back home, he ended up gaining it back. I could be wrong though.

Thats what I heard as well.

[table][tr][th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]C. Narveson Mil
7508.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]8-4[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]7-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.28[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]5.29[/td] [/tr][tr][td]121[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]68[/td] [/tr][tr][td]46[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]33[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.30[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.50[/td][/tr][/table]
[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/07/giants-exploring-corey-hart-trade.html[/h1]
[h1]Giants Exploring Corey Hart Trade?[/h1]
By Luke Adams [July 6 at 7:40pm CST]

7:40pm: Updating his initial report, Schulman adds that the Brewers haven't decided yet whether or not they want to move Hart, so talks between the two teams aren't far along.

7:00pm: Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News says (via Twitter) that the Brewers will only deal Hart this week if a team overpays. The Giants, who don't seem entirely convinced that Hart would have as much success in their ballpark, probably aren't going to do that. Schulman, meanwhile, tweets that it would likely take "Sanchez-plus" to pry Hart from the Brew Crew.

6:24pm: The Giants could be "focusing on a possible trade" involving Corey Hart, tweets Hank Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle. The Giants were recently reported to have interest in the Brewers' outfielder, and Schulman noted yesterday that the Giants' brass may have been scouting players at the Giants-Brewers game.

Despite Pat Burrell's success in San Francisco so far (.316/.391/.553), the Giants have still been linked to outfield bats, such as David DeJesus and Jose Guillen. Hart would be of particular interest to the Giants, since he's under contract through 2011, and Brian Sabean has said his club would like to avoid merely renting players for a couple months.

When we asked nearly two weeks ago whether the Brewers ought to deal Hart, over half of our poll respondents suggested that trading the 28-year-old would be in Milwaukee's best interest. For their part though, the Brewers aren't eager to hold a fire sale, particularly with players like Hart and Prince Fielder, who are under team control past this season. In a second tweet, Schulman cautions that Hart, in the midst of a potential career year, would not come cheaply for the Giants.

smh

im getting so sick of the brewers...bunch of bum %%$ soft dudes

i cant wait to see corey hart strike out in the home run derby....and if that trade rumor is true...RIP to you guys

the kid should have been here all along
eyes.gif

the brewers are god awful...and at home? 
sick.gif

Giants finally beating the #*%* out of someone 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Please for the love of baseball, DO NOT trade sanchez for hart...that would be an absolutely worthless move
mad.gif

Originally Posted by LB510

Thats what I heard as well.
I recall reading he gained a good majority of what he lost here once he went back to the motherland, or something along the lines of that

Do baseball players ask each other for autographs?

Because I'd ask Jeter for his as soon as I get called up.

[table][tr][th="col"]B. Zito SF
6394.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]M. Parra Mil
8069.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]7-4[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]3-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.75[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]4.45[/td] [/tr][tr][td]74[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]66[/td] [/tr][tr][td]40[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]31[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.25[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.65[/td][/tr][/table]
CF Torres
2B Sanchez
RF Huff
LF Burrell
1B Posey
3B Sandoval
SS Renteria
C Whiteside
P Zito

Back
Top Bottom