OFFICIAL 2011-2012 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS SEASON THREAD (Its a wrap. Great season ends)

lawdog1

Supporter
Its finally here. We get to pick up again after the most exciting Clippers season in years. We should compete for a playoff spot even if we don't pick up anyone significant before the season starts, but it would be nice to upgrade that SF spot going in to the season. I think the amnesty rule could be something the Clipps should keep any eye on. It may be away they could pick up a solid vet without making a big investment.

If rashard Lewis gets cut, he'd be a good fit at the SF.

Clipps need to get off to a good start if they want to make the playoffs

Finally 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Lets try to keep this on page one throughout the season. 

MJSF, where you at? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by erupt107th

Finally 

MJSF, where you at? 
nerd.gif
For real man.  Haven't seen any sign of MJSF for a while now, even on another, all-Clippers board I know he's on.  Come on back, bro. 

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Finally 

MJSF, where you at? 
nerd.gif
For real man.  Haven't seen any sign of MJSF for a while now, even on another, all-Clippers board I know he's on.  Come on back, bro. 

check check

tumblr_ll0ypc0o771qaa3lb.jpg

Posted this in the NBA thread, figured I'd post it here to spark some convo.

I've read over these rules several times and have come to the following conclusions regarding the Clippers:

- If they wanted to trade for Howard, Paul or Williams, it would make almost no sense to do so. They can't offer any more money to the player in an extend and trade.
- If they designate BG as the 5year max guy, they could circumvent the rules basically by not giving EJ an extension this year and waiting for him to be offered a 5 yr deal as an RFA next year, leading me to my next point.
- If the Clippers don't add anymore salary aside from matching what DJ gets (read: don't trade Kaman for Iggy if it's there), they will be very close to having max contract cap space because of what the rules dictate they should do with EJ.
- If they don't have the cap space to offer max dollars, they can amnesty Mo Williams and/or trade Ryan Gomes $4M for nothing to create that space.
- This ability to create max room gives the Clippers a ton of leverage headed towards the trade deadline. If one of the big 3 indicate that they would do a sign and trade with the Clippers, and their current team didn't want to make a fair deal (read: asking for EJ), then they could call their bluff knowing they can wait til the summer for the same exact deal (while the Clippers still keep their assets to go along with that player). But why would Paul, Williams or Howard agree to come to LA and extend if Gordon was going the other way in the deal anyways?
- The Clippers would be offering Kaman's expiring $12M, Minnesota's unprotected 1st rounder, Bledsoe and Aminu in any trade. I highly doubt they would include Gordon in a trade because Gordon and a top 5 pick is simply too much to give up especially considering you will probably have to take back a bad contract in the deal and because the deal would kill any cap flexibility there to replace EJ.

I said all of this to say that if one of the big 3 makes it to UFA, that the Clippers will likely have a max deal to offer that player.

I'm rooting for you guys, I think if you stand pat you should be able to get one of the big 3 free agents this summer Dwight/CP3/Deron.

^^^ From what I'm hearing, the Clippers' preference is not to stand pat. Bucher is reporting that they're in active talks with NO about CP3. I love CP3 and he's probably my favorite non-Clipper player, but I wouldn't want the team to overpay for him. I know that to get him we'll probably have to give up either Gordon or the Minny pick, but I wouldn't want it to be both.

If it means anything (it probably doesn't), D-Will lives in San Diego during the summer and loved playing with Blake during the All Star Game.

Hmm, didn't know that D-Will lived in SD during the summer. I wonder where he balls at. Anyway, I'm hoping the Clippers start getting more pieces so that the Hallway series is actually competitive. Can't wait to watch Blake and EG play.

i'd much rather have DWill but I don't want to give up EJ in any deal. I definitely don't see the Point in going after Dwight cuz we'll still have no one to run the offense.

I'd be willing to trade anyone aside from Blake and EJ to get CP or Dwill. I also wouldn't mind seeing Battier in a Clipper uni to sure up the SF position.

I just don't see us being serious contenders if we give up EJ. Dwill-EJ-Blake would be GREAT tho
pimp.gif

anyway, I wanted to share with the NT Clipper fam that I'm interning with the Clippers this year
pimp.gif
(technically I started in October but we didn't do anything
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
)

How many of you guys post on Topbuzz?
nerd.gif

Apparently we already reached out to Prince
pimp.gif

[h1]
[h1]Clippers reach out to free agent Tayshaun Prince[/h1]
November 30, 2011 |  1:30 pm

The Clippers have reached out to free agent Tayshaun Prince to gauge his interest in playing for them this season, a source said Wednesday afternoon.

Prince, a 6-foot-9 forward who has played all nine of his NBA seasons with the Detroit Pistons, fits the need the Clippers have for a veteran, quality small forward.

He averaged 14.1 points last season on a declining Pistons team. Prince is known as an outstanding defender who can guard small forwards and shooting guards. He has made 36.8% of his three-pointers over his career, 46.4% of his field goals.

Prince, 31, made $11.1 million last season and may command a hefty salary.

But the Clippers have the money to spend.

Their payroll is $45 million, $13 million below the projected $58 million salary cap.

Prince also is a Los Angeles native, having attended Dominguez High School.

Teams were allowed to start talking to players’ representatives on Wednesday about contracts for free agents but cannot officially make verbal or written agreements until the free agency period and training camps open on Dec. 9.

The Clippers also have interest in talking to Dallas Mavericks small forward Caron Butler.
[/h1]

I was reading an ESPN article today that said the Clippers are willing to trade ANYBODY besides Blake Griffin for D12. I doubt D12 would sign an extension in LA unless it's the Lakers

Lets go clippers, lets go *clap clap....Can't wait for the season to get started.

As far as trades, please no Howard....CP3 would be nice, but I prefer D.Will. Main priority though, replace GOMES. I rather have Battier, but I'd be happy with Prince.

anyway, I wanted to share with the NT Clipper fam that I'm interning with the Clippers this year
pimp.gif
(technically I started in October but we didn't do anything
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
)
My man...what's good E!? Congrats on the intern. Marketing positioning right?

I'm on TopBuzz too -- Cliperfansince88 (yes, I'm old). I know that at least one other NT regular is on TobBuzz also, but I can't remember who it is.

By the way, in addition to contacting Prince, I read the Clips have also talked to Caron Butler. Either would be a significant upgrade over Gomes.

Back
Top Bottom