Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by EvansST

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Sheeeetttt!

I don't think the Heat are that good.  Not one time have I watched them and I thought they are that great.

Lebron James has hit a ridiculous amount of hero shots  in this playoff run. Dude has been certified wet however those shots aren't coming off of great sets or are those shots being created by D. Wade or Bosh. 

This vaunted Heat defense I keep reading about is based on aggressive traps and athleticism. If you can move the ball and you actually have enough talent on your team where 4 or 5 players are an offensive option you can beat them.

The only reason why the Heat are even staying in this series unforced turnovers and offensive rebounds. People see the highlight dunks and think they just can't be guarded. Well in transition they can't. They seriously are the best transition team I've seen because its guaranteed points. However the turnovers they are getting from us aren't from them trapping or passing lanes well. We are flat out throwing the ball away or dribbling it off our feet.
indifferent.gif

I can't wait until tomorrow.
He's a Mavs fan though. Can't expect him not to be biased or delusional. Dudes be saying dumb statements like turnovers and rebounds are the only reason they're in the series as if that's not part of basketball. Like they're not causing turnovers and being aggressive at grabbing rebounds
laugh.gif
Next excuse will be lucky shots.

I don't see how you can objectively watch the first two games and not clearly see which team has been playing better.
"Can't expect him not to be biased or delusional." Says the guy who just typed this mess ^^^

Nobody said rebounds and turnovers arent a part of basketball, but that is the MAIN reason the Heat are in this series. Yes, the Miami defense caused alot of them, some of them were also unforced though. Dont act like Miami has totally outplayed the Mavs because they havent.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by EvansST

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Sheeeetttt!

I don't think the Heat are that good.  Not one time have I watched them and I thought they are that great.

Lebron James has hit a ridiculous amount of hero shots  in this playoff run. Dude has been certified wet however those shots aren't coming off of great sets or are those shots being created by D. Wade or Bosh. 

This vaunted Heat defense I keep reading about is based on aggressive traps and athleticism. If you can move the ball and you actually have enough talent on your team where 4 or 5 players are an offensive option you can beat them.

The only reason why the Heat are even staying in this series unforced turnovers and offensive rebounds. People see the highlight dunks and think they just can't be guarded. Well in transition they can't. They seriously are the best transition team I've seen because its guaranteed points. However the turnovers they are getting from us aren't from them trapping or passing lanes well. We are flat out throwing the ball away or dribbling it off our feet.
indifferent.gif

I can't wait until tomorrow.
He's a Mavs fan though. Can't expect him not to be biased or delusional. Dudes be saying dumb statements like turnovers and rebounds are the only reason they're in the series as if that's not part of basketball. Like they're not causing turnovers and being aggressive at grabbing rebounds
laugh.gif
Next excuse will be lucky shots.

I don't see how you can objectively watch the first two games and not clearly see which team has been playing better.
"Can't expect him not to be biased or delusional." Says the guy who just typed this mess ^^^

Nobody said rebounds and turnovers arent a part of basketball, but that is the MAIN reason the Heat are in this series. Yes, the Miami defense caused alot of them, some of them were also unforced though. Dont act like Miami has totally outplayed the Mavs because they havent.

Atgd, have you watched both games?

Because if you look at who's had the lead for the longest, you might be shocked to know it's very close.

Mavs pretty much controlled 2 and a half quarters in game one, and controlled the first half in game 2.

You watch the games and you realize that take away their transition points and their offensive boards they haven't played that great.

Now. In game one they excelled im both rebounding and transition.

Game two, only really transition.

Watch the goddamn game. Too often they just dribble out the clock and take a well contested jumper. They are phenomenal basketball players so they can get away with it for a game or two, but you saw where it got themim game two. You saw how well wade played attacking the basket. Bron? He just shot jumpers most of the game

Atgd, have you watched both games?

Because if you look at who's had the lead for the longest, you might be shocked to know it's very close.

Mavs pretty much controlled 2 and a half quarters in game one, and controlled the first half in game 2.

You watch the games and you realize that take away their transition points and their offensive boards they haven't played that great.

Now. In game one they excelled im both rebounding and transition.

Game two, only really transition.

Watch the goddamn game. Too often they just dribble out the clock and take a well contested jumper. They are phenomenal basketball players so they can get away with it for a game or two, but you saw where it got themim game two. You saw how well wade played attacking the basket. Bron? He just shot jumpers most of the game

That is utter crap. No way in hell did they control the first half in game 2. The score in the first half was close, but both the commentators and the posters of this forum were saying that it feels that the Heat were in control and that they should be ahead. After the score started reflecting the play on the court, the Heat's lead skyrocketed until they stopped caring and allowed the comeback.

Other than the comeback, which really was more, or at least was just as much about Heat being out of control because they thought they had the game won than the Mavs being in control, the only part of the series that the Mavs controlled so far was the start of the third quarter in game 1.

Other than that, I really don't know what series you've been watching. It is evident that for all the hype about their supposedly great defense, the Mavs can do absolutely nothing about either Wade or LeBron, who were having a much harder time against the Celtics and Bulls defenses. The Mavs, for all their great ball movement that worked so well against the Lakers still can't get to open shots when the Heat defense is on. The Heat are there to meet every pass, sometimes even until the shot clock expires. Their other main weapon, Dirk Nowitzki, has been shooting 42.5% and the most damage he's done so far has been from the free throw line. The only true problem for the Heat so far has been Shawn Marion. But seriously, what is more likely? That Marion keeps up with his play so far or that LeBron and Wade do?

All the Heat management needs to do is get through their thick skulls the fact that Chris Bosh, a guy who is shooting 26% from the field is averaging 17 shots per game, while a guy who is shooting 55%, LeBron, is averaging 15.5 shots.

That is utter crap. No way in hell did they control the first half in game 2. The score in the first half was close, but both the commentators and the posters of this forum were saying that it feels that the Heat were in control and that they should be ahead. After the score started reflecting the play on the court, the Heat's lead skyrocketed until they stopped caring and allowed the comeback.

Other than the comeback, which really was more, or at least was just as much about Heat being out of control because they thought they had the game won than the Mavs being in control, the only part of the series that the Mavs controlled so far was the start of the third quarter in game 1.

Other than that, I really don't know what series you've been watching. It is evident that for all the hype about their supposedly great defense, the Mavs can do absolutely nothing about either Wade or LeBron, who were having a much harder time against the Celtics and Bulls defenses. The Mavs, for all their great ball movement that worked so well against the Lakers still can't get to open shots when the Heat defense is on. The Heat are there to meet every pass, sometimes even until the shot clock expires. Their other main weapon, Dirk Nowitzki, has been shooting 42.5% and the most damage he's done so far has been from the free throw line. The only true problem for the Heat so far has been Shawn Marion. But seriously, what is more likely? That Marion keeps up with his play so far or that LeBron and Wade do?

All the Heat management needs to do is get through their thick skulls the fact that Chris Bosh, a guy who is shooting 26% from the field is averaging 17 shots per game, while a guy who is shooting 55%, LeBron, is averaging 15.5 shots.

Able to cross covering a NBA Finals off my bucket list this week. Couple of pictures from today...

30mmgx5.jpg

3151jib.jpg

21cbmo0.jpg

Able to cross covering a NBA Finals off my bucket list this week. Couple of pictures from today...

30mmgx5.jpg

3151jib.jpg

21cbmo0.jpg

If in control is leading by more than 5ish points, fine, but the Heat weren't playing that good in the first half of game one. They were just settling for jumpers a lot of the time. That's why the Heat haven't had the free throw advantage even at home..

I'll get into this more later.

It's laughable how the Heat are supposedly the god given winners of this and if the mavs win it's because the heat choked...

If in control is leading by more than 5ish points, fine, but the Heat weren't playing that good in the first half of game one. They were just settling for jumpers a lot of the time. That's why the Heat haven't had the free throw advantage even at home..

I'll get into this more later.

It's laughable how the Heat are supposedly the god given winners of this and if the mavs win it's because the heat choked...

people get the delusion that heat are in control because they are behind their home crowd and are doing flashy plays with commentators gassing em up

of course commentators, analyst and "fans" are more in awe after witnessing highlights getting the impression that heat are dominant

you say heat defense is good, i say the mavs havent been shooting well.

each game is 48 minutes long, doesnt matter if you play great 3 1/2 qts, you have to play great all 4 qts

you are only dominant when you win and mavs won the game

people get the delusion that heat are in control because they are behind their home crowd and are doing flashy plays with commentators gassing em up

of course commentators, analyst and "fans" are more in awe after witnessing highlights getting the impression that heat are dominant

you say heat defense is good, i say the mavs havent been shooting well.

each game is 48 minutes long, doesnt matter if you play great 3 1/2 qts, you have to play great all 4 qts

you are only dominant when you win and mavs won the game

It's mildly hilarious hearing the difference in reactions from Heat supporters over the last 7 minutes of that game and the last few minutes of Game 3 in 2006... Were the Mavericks "bored" and "lost focus" in 2006 when they lost that Game 3? No, they were soft and had no heart and this and that and all the other BS...

All that matters is the end result... The Mavs have played pretty crappy basketball for the better part of 8 quarters and they're coming home 1-1. Gotta ride the wave from Thursday and win tomorrow night and take control of the series.

And Wade and LeBron had issues against the Celtics? What series did you watch? Combined they averaged 58 points, 15 boards, 8 assists and shot 50% from the field for that series... Nobody can guard those two dudes, especially if they've got it going from deep like they did in Games 1 and 2.

It's mildly hilarious hearing the difference in reactions from Heat supporters over the last 7 minutes of that game and the last few minutes of Game 3 in 2006... Were the Mavericks "bored" and "lost focus" in 2006 when they lost that Game 3? No, they were soft and had no heart and this and that and all the other BS...

All that matters is the end result... The Mavs have played pretty crappy basketball for the better part of 8 quarters and they're coming home 1-1. Gotta ride the wave from Thursday and win tomorrow night and take control of the series.

And Wade and LeBron had issues against the Celtics? What series did you watch? Combined they averaged 58 points, 15 boards, 8 assists and shot 50% from the field for that series... Nobody can guard those two dudes, especially if they've got it going from deep like they did in Games 1 and 2.

i can't lie it really does feel like the heat are in control of a game even when they are down 6 or 8 points and taking contested shots

i think it's subconscious. i dunno the players are just so much more athletic or you assume they will eventually get bogus calls.

i can't lie it really does feel like the heat are in control of a game even when they are down 6 or 8 points and taking contested shots

i think it's subconscious. i dunno the players are just so much more athletic or you assume they will eventually get bogus calls.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Mavs cant do anything about lebron? Hes having his worst series in the playoffs by far, Hes barley doing more than marion Hes getting 4 more ppg than marion 0.5 less rebounds than marion and 1 assist more than marion per game. Marion has lebron right where he wants him, taking bad shots and not sending him to the line. Just shows how dumb your statement is.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Mavs cant do anything about lebron? Hes having his worst series in the playoffs by far, Hes barley doing more than marion Hes getting 4 more ppg than marion 0.5 less rebounds than marion and 1 assist more than marion per game. Marion has lebron right where he wants him, taking bad shots and not sending him to the line. Just shows how dumb your statement is.

Originally Posted by DubA169

This

People have Miami Heat shlonng on the brain, shout out to Alexyss Tylor

Back
Top Bottom