Official 2011 NFL Draft Thead Vol. Lions winning.... Niners losing...

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

kiper...NE taking a WR in the first round? #@%$%
laugh.gif

Kiper sippin on some of that Kool-Aid BB has before every draft. 
Taking Cam Jordan would be great, but leave to at least the 2nd round before a WR is going to foxboro.

Justin Houston should be that pick there. 

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

kiper...NE taking a WR in the first round? #@%$%
laugh.gif

Kiper sippin on some of that Kool-Aid BB has before every draft. 
Taking Cam Jordan would be great, but leave to at least the 2nd round before a WR is going to foxboro.

Justin Houston should be that pick there. 

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yea bro, IF u get a chance to watch that Texas A&M game again, watch how many times Peterson Lined up head up at the line. Fuller ran no patterns It was straight comedy!
For some reason I remembered you posting this while I was re-watching the game earlier. I found this on YouTube:
(Fuller and Peterson are almost always on the left side of the offense.)

Peterson absolutely jammed the hell out of Fuller a few of times. Fuller got a couple of good catches on Peterson when Peterson was actually manning up (as opposed to a good portion of the catches that came with Peterson falling back into coverage). They look ready to go at it on that last play. It almost looks similar to the beginning of the Andre Johnson/Cortland Finnegan fight 
laugh.gif

Fuller's run blocking, though�
sick.gif
�
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yea bro, IF u get a chance to watch that Texas A&M game again, watch how many times Peterson Lined up head up at the line. Fuller ran no patterns It was straight comedy!
For some reason I remembered you posting this while I was re-watching the game earlier. I found this on YouTube:
(Fuller and Peterson are almost always on the left side of the offense.)

Peterson absolutely jammed the hell out of Fuller a few of times. Fuller got a couple of good catches on Peterson when Peterson was actually manning up (as opposed to a good portion of the catches that came with Peterson falling back into coverage). They look ready to go at it on that last play. It almost looks similar to the beginning of the Andre Johnson/Cortland Finnegan fight 
laugh.gif

Fuller's run blocking, though�
sick.gif
�
pimp.gif

my take from that kiper mock

cam newton is not goin to go 3rd overall i have him at 10 to WAS at the earliest
i have Dareus in that spot for buf
Jimmy Smith is not goin that high mid-late first rd is where you gonna see him
look for OL for Det in that spot they have to keep Stafford healthy
i do not like the A.Williams pick for Baltimore especially not in the 1st the only corner realistically i want in the 1st for Balt is B.Harris
or a pass rusher like Cam Heyward/Jeremy Beal/J.Houston at that spot
if not a trade back and a combo of T.Young and A.Williams would be ideal

cam newton is not goin to go 3rd overall i have him at 10 to WAS at the earliest
i do not like the A.Williams pick for Baltimore especially not in the 1st the only corner realistically i want in the 1st for Balt is B.Harris

With the way Cam Newton has been climbing up Mel Kipers draft board do y'all think there is any shot at him going #1?

It would be a huge gamble taking a QB #1 and you're obviously going to have to spend the bread in signing him, but I think he will fill up the seats and sell jerseys for whoever drafts him. One thing that doesn't bode well for the Panthers is that their owner is super stingy though.

With the way Cam Newton has been climbing up Mel Kipers draft board do y'all think there is any shot at him going #1?

It would be a huge gamble taking a QB #1 and you're obviously going to have to spend the bread in signing him, but I think he will fill up the seats and sell jerseys for whoever drafts him. One thing that doesn't bode well for the Panthers is that their owner is super stingy though.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Scouting Linebackers[/h1]
Breaking down the traits of a good prospect. Greg Gabriel

February 22, 2011Print This

11 Comments

Just as when we talked about defensive linemen last week, scouting linebackers has much to do about scheme. Many outside linebackers in a 3-4 defense could play defensive end in a 4-3. Their ability to drop and their instincts in coverage will have a lot to do with that ability. For the purpose of this discussion, we will talk about linebackers in general and then the traits needed to play linebacker in the different schemes.

In my opinion the most important trait a linebacker has to have is instincts. He has to be able to read quickly while on the move and get to the ball. In most cases, the leading tackler on a defense is a linebacker and while many linebackers have a lot of tackles, you want those tackles to be made at or near the line of scrimmage, not downfield. If a linebacker has a high number of tackles that means he has the ability to shed blocks quickly. To do that he has to have quick hands and great blocker anticipation.

Akeem-Ayers.jpg
ICONUCLA outside linebacker Akeem Ayers is a projected first-round pick.

Linebackers have to be very athletic. That includes very good change of direction and balance. The have to have quick lateral movement and be able to clear their feet moving through trash. As with most positions on the field, linebackers have to have excellent speed. Different schemes have different speed requirements, but everyone would love a linebacker who could run between 4.55 and 4.65. Ideally, 4.65 to 4.75 will work for many different defenses. More important than timed speed is play speed and that is tied in with instincts. There are not many who would argue that last year’s rookie Brandon Spikes played fast, but he was able to do that because of his great instincts and anticipation. Reality is he is a 5.00 type but he plays mush faster then he times.

Over the years most great linebackers have been strong leaders and have a nasty disposition on the field. Just look at Lawrence Taylor, Harry Carson, Carl Banks, Pepper Johnson, Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs. These are all players I’ve been around in my years scouting with the Giants and the Bears. All were/are very smart guys who can lead verbally and by example and are extremely aggressive players. Their ability to make big plays with big hits has a way of motivating a team. Lawrence Taylor is the best football player I’ve ever been around and what he could do on a field made every other player better.

Pass coverage skills are very important when evaluating linebackers. They need the speed and suddenness to mirror backs and tight ends in man coverage. In zone, instincts and awareness are required. He has to be able to get depth with his drops, have the loose hips to turn and the burst to run with most backs and tight ends. He has to be able to plant and drive in transition to make plays on the ball and of course he needs good hands.

As I said above, the different schemes have different size requirements. For example, in the Tampa 2 defense we ran in Chicago, size was not as important as speed and quickness. The ideal player would be 6-1 to 6-2 in height and weigh about 235 to 245 pounds. As far as speed, the faster the better, but the player also had to have outstanding instincts. In some other 4 -3 schemes, the clubs may want a little bit more size. Good pass rush traits are also a necessity in some schemes.

In the 3-4 defenses, clubs almost always look for size. It’s not unusual for a typical inside linebacker to be 6-3 to 6-4 and weigh 250 to 260 pounds. Over the years I’ve seen that many of the inside ‘backers in a 3-4 don’t have as much speed as 4-3 Mikes are almost always bigger. Many of the 3–4 teams draft inside linebackers that run in the 4.7 to 4.8 range. The inside linebackers in the 3-4 schemes have to be excellent run defenders. In many cases one or both of these players are replaced in the nickel and dime defenses but still if they have good coverage skills it becomes an added benefit.

The big difference between the two main defenses is with outside linebackers. In most cases, the 3-4 teams look for small defensive end types who have very good pass rush skills. Many of these teams look for players that are 6-2 to 6-5 and weigh in at 250 to 265 pounds. This week at the Combine, there will probably be 15-20 defensive ends that will work out both as defensive ends and linebackers. They won’t stay and work out with the linebackers, but when they are finished doing the D-line drills they will do 4 or 5 linebacker drills. Many of these drills are used to see if these smaller defensive linemen can drop into coverage, transition and break on the ball. The scouts and coaches will study their movement and flexibility to see if they have the physical traits to play on their feet. If these players prove they have the skills to play in a 3-4 it will increase their value on draft day.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Five safeties to watch at the combine[/h1]
Quinton Carter, Rahim Moore, Tyler Sash and more. Matt Bowen

February 23, 2011Print This

1 Comment

As the NFP heads down to Indianapolis today, let’s talk about the safety position. Unlike 2010, when we saw a class that had top talent at the position (Eric Berry, Earl Thomas, Nate Allen, etc.), this year’s group is average—and might not produce any first round talent.

However, there are still some names to watch at the combine. Let’s run through five prospects that we should keep an eye on—because their stock is about to increase if they test well in Indy.

Moore1-1833.jpg
ICONUCLA's Rahim Moore could be the first safety drafted in April.

Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA: He is the top center field safety in the draft—and that is a major position of need in the NFL. Isn’t the most physical player on the field, but as Wes Bunting wrote yesterday, a solid workout could push Moore into the late first round. And, with a limited talent pool coming out at the position, we could see teams draft the UCLA safety much higher than anticipated.

DeAndre McDaniel, SS, Clemson: One of the safeties I got to see up close at the Senior Bowl down in Mobile. Fits the style of an in the box safety on Sundays, but did show enough range to potentially get off of the numbers in a Cover 2 scheme or rotate to the middle of the field. Also displayed ball skills and above average angles when driving on routes. I want to see what type of change of direction he displays in Indy.

Quinton Carter, FS, Oklahoma: Stood out from my perspective at the Senior Bowl. Looked the part at the weigh-ins, showed above average footwork during individual drills and should be able to open his hips and play the middle of the field in the NFL. At times he can get too tall in his backpedal and round his angles to the football. But with a good workout, Carter could be one of the first safeties to come off of the board and we should see his athletic ability during the workouts. There was plenty of interest from the coaches and scouts I talked to during the week in Mobile surrounding the Oklahoma product.

Tyler Sash, SS, Iowa: A three-year Big ten starter with production. Might be best suited for a Cover 2 team that rolls the safety down into the box in their eight-man fronts, but with a sub 4.55 40-time, Sash could draw the attention of more pressure based teams. Position drills will be important for the Iowa safety, and if he shows that he can turn his hips and display some range, we could see Sash coming off of the board earlier than expected. NFL clubs want to see the athletic ability of the former Hawkeye up close.

Robert Sands, SS, West Virginia: The size (6-5, 221) is the first thing that jumps out in the scouting report. However, I have questions. Can he stay down in his pedal? Can he turn his hips with a fluid motion to track the ball? On a simple plant and drive, is there explosion? Overall technique—you have to see that in a big safety. But even with the questions, Sands is expected to test extremely well in Indy. And we could see a major jump in his draft stock because of what he does inside Lucas Oil Stadium. A 6-5 safety? I have to see this.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Scouting Linebackers[/h1]
Breaking down the traits of a good prospect. Greg Gabriel

11 Comments

Just as when we talked about defensive linemen last week, scouting linebackers has much to do about scheme. Many outside linebackers in a 3-4 defense could play defensive end in a 4-3. Their ability to drop and their instincts in coverage will have a lot to do with that ability. For the purpose of this discussion, we will talk about linebackers in general and then the traits needed to play linebacker in the different schemes.

In my opinion the most important trait a linebacker has to have is instincts. He has to be able to read quickly while on the move and get to the ball. In most cases, the leading tackler on a defense is a linebacker and while many linebackers have a lot of tackles, you want those tackles to be made at or near the line of scrimmage, not downfield. If a linebacker has a high number of tackles that means he has the ability to shed blocks quickly. To do that he has to have quick hands and great blocker anticipation.

Akeem-Ayers.jpg
ICONUCLA outside linebacker Akeem Ayers is a projected first-round pick.

Linebackers have to be very athletic. That includes very good change of direction and balance. The have to have quick lateral movement and be able to clear their feet moving through trash. As with most positions on the field, linebackers have to have excellent speed. Different schemes have different speed requirements, but everyone would love a linebacker who could run between 4.55 and 4.65. Ideally, 4.65 to 4.75 will work for many different defenses. More important than timed speed is play speed and that is tied in with instincts. There are not many who would argue that last year’s rookie Brandon Spikes played fast, but he was able to do that because of his great instincts and anticipation. Reality is he is a 5.00 type but he plays mush faster then he times.

Over the years most great linebackers have been strong leaders and have a nasty disposition on the field. Just look at Lawrence Taylor, Harry Carson, Carl Banks, Pepper Johnson, Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs. These are all players I’ve been around in my years scouting with the Giants and the Bears. All were/are very smart guys who can lead verbally and by example and are extremely aggressive players. Their ability to make big plays with big hits has a way of motivating a team. Lawrence Taylor is the best football player I’ve ever been around and what he could do on a field made every other player better.

Pass coverage skills are very important when evaluating linebackers. They need the speed and suddenness to mirror backs and tight ends in man coverage. In zone, instincts and awareness are required. He has to be able to get depth with his drops, have the loose hips to turn and the burst to run with most backs and tight ends. He has to be able to plant and drive in transition to make plays on the ball and of course he needs good hands.

As I said above, the different schemes have different size requirements. For example, in the Tampa 2 defense we ran in Chicago, size was not as important as speed and quickness. The ideal player would be 6-1 to 6-2 in height and weigh about 235 to 245 pounds. As far as speed, the faster the better, but the player also had to have outstanding instincts. In some other 4 -3 schemes, the clubs may want a little bit more size. Good pass rush traits are also a necessity in some schemes.

In the 3-4 defenses, clubs almost always look for size. It’s not unusual for a typical inside linebacker to be 6-3 to 6-4 and weigh 250 to 260 pounds. Over the years I’ve seen that many of the inside ‘backers in a 3-4 don’t have as much speed as 4-3 Mikes are almost always bigger. Many of the 3–4 teams draft inside linebackers that run in the 4.7 to 4.8 range. The inside linebackers in the 3-4 schemes have to be excellent run defenders. In many cases one or both of these players are replaced in the nickel and dime defenses but still if they have good coverage skills it becomes an added benefit.

The big difference between the two main defenses is with outside linebackers. In most cases, the 3-4 teams look for small defensive end types who have very good pass rush skills. Many of these teams look for players that are 6-2 to 6-5 and weigh in at 250 to 265 pounds. This week at the Combine, there will probably be 15-20 defensive ends that will work out both as defensive ends and linebackers. They won’t stay and work out with the linebackers, but when they are finished doing the D-line drills they will do 4 or 5 linebacker drills. Many of these drills are used to see if these smaller defensive linemen can drop into coverage, transition and break on the ball. The scouts and coaches will study their movement and flexibility to see if they have the physical traits to play on their feet. If these players prove they have the skills to play in a 3-4 it will increase their value on draft day.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Five safeties to watch at the combine[/h1]
Quinton Carter, Rahim Moore, Tyler Sash and more. Matt Bowen

February 23, 2011Print This

1 Comment

As the NFP heads down to Indianapolis today, let’s talk about the safety position. Unlike 2010, when we saw a class that had top talent at the position (Eric Berry, Earl Thomas, Nate Allen, etc.), this year’s group is average—and might not produce any first round talent.

However, there are still some names to watch at the combine. Let’s run through five prospects that we should keep an eye on—because their stock is about to increase if they test well in Indy.

Moore1-1833.jpg
ICONUCLA's Rahim Moore could be the first safety drafted in April.

Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA: He is the top center field safety in the draft—and that is a major position of need in the NFL. Isn’t the most physical player on the field, but as Wes Bunting wrote yesterday, a solid workout could push Moore into the late first round. And, with a limited talent pool coming out at the position, we could see teams draft the UCLA safety much higher than anticipated.

DeAndre McDaniel, SS, Clemson: One of the safeties I got to see up close at the Senior Bowl down in Mobile. Fits the style of an in the box safety on Sundays, but did show enough range to potentially get off of the numbers in a Cover 2 scheme or rotate to the middle of the field. Also displayed ball skills and above average angles when driving on routes. I want to see what type of change of direction he displays in Indy.

Quinton Carter, FS, Oklahoma: Stood out from my perspective at the Senior Bowl. Looked the part at the weigh-ins, showed above average footwork during individual drills and should be able to open his hips and play the middle of the field in the NFL. At times he can get too tall in his backpedal and round his angles to the football. But with a good workout, Carter could be one of the first safeties to come off of the board and we should see his athletic ability during the workouts. There was plenty of interest from the coaches and scouts I talked to during the week in Mobile surrounding the Oklahoma product.

Tyler Sash, SS, Iowa: A three-year Big ten starter with production. Might be best suited for a Cover 2 team that rolls the safety down into the box in their eight-man fronts, but with a sub 4.55 40-time, Sash could draw the attention of more pressure based teams. Position drills will be important for the Iowa safety, and if he shows that he can turn his hips and display some range, we could see Sash coming off of the board earlier than expected. NFL clubs want to see the athletic ability of the former Hawkeye up close.

Robert Sands, SS, West Virginia: The size (6-5, 221) is the first thing that jumps out in the scouting report. However, I have questions. Can he stay down in his pedal? Can he turn his hips with a fluid motion to track the ball? On a simple plant and drive, is there explosion? Overall technique—you have to see that in a big safety. But even with the questions, Sands is expected to test extremely well in Indy. And we could see a major jump in his draft stock because of what he does inside Lucas Oil Stadium. A 6-5 safety? I have to see this.

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

NO.  While I agree that might be a stretch to take Jimmy Smith(will hold off my thoughts til I see him at the combine), no way in hell do the Lions need to take a OL in this spot.  There isn't one offensive lineman that is worth being taken at that point.  Plus there are several young guys that sat the bench that are most likely going to move up, especially at the center position.  Lions biggest needs are at LB and CB.  Personnally I would like to see them take Ayers in the 1st and pick up a corner such as Curtis Brown in the 2nd.  There have also been rumors since last year of Nnamdi going to Detroit, so if that got done somehow then they could look at taking a OL in the 2nd.  But by no means is OL a bigger need then LB or CB, they have some young guys that they have been developing that are more than capable of stepping up, mix that with this years weak class of OL, no way they draft that.

NO.  While I agree that might be a stretch to take Jimmy Smith(will hold off my thoughts til I see him at the combine), no way in hell do the Lions need to take a OL in this spot.  There isn't one offensive lineman that is worth being taken at that point.  Plus there are several young guys that sat the bench that are most likely going to move up, especially at the center position.  Lions biggest needs are at LB and CB.  Personnally I would like to see them take Ayers in the 1st and pick up a corner such as Curtis Brown in the 2nd.  There have also been rumors since last year of Nnamdi going to Detroit, so if that got done somehow then they could look at taking a OL in the 2nd.  But by no means is OL a bigger need then LB or CB, they have some young guys that they have been developing that are more than capable of stepping up, mix that with this years weak class of OL, no way they draft that.

NFP»College»Draft Blog

RSS[h1]Drug rumors surrounding Ryan Mallett[/h1]
Concerns raised about Arkansas quarterback Aaron Wilson

4 Comments

Former St. Louis Rams and Carolina Panthers personnel department executive Tony Softli became the latest person to express concerns about the character of Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett.

Mallett has a previous arrest for public intoxication.

However, the 6-foot-6, 238-pound strong-armed quarterback has been linked to several unsubstantiated drug rumors by draft analysts and Softli.

Softli weighed in on Mallett on www.101espn.com

With Softli's NFL and college football connections, it's plausible to believe he would be in a position to know something about Mallett's background

"His inconsistency in leading his team to victory or making poor decisions at the most vital time of the game really sends up a red flag," Softli wrote. "Character and drug use issues are starting to rear their ugly head. Heavy rumors of drug use and possible addiction kept him from coming out for the 2010 draft. A lot of people are comparing Mallett to Ryan Leaf. I think Ryan was a better football player, with a cannon for an arm but the immaturity was just too much to overcome. A hair facial test might tell all 32 teams who this person really is."

Softli isn't alone in his skepticism about Mallett as a person.

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock spoke at length about Mallett during a recent conference call, saying he would have serious reservations about drafting him in the first round.

"I didn't say I have a first round grade on him," Mayock said. "I said that I've got four guys with first round ability. To me there is a distinction there, and people just assume when I say that I think he's a first round guy.  Here's what Ryan Mallet is. Ryan Mallett has unbelievable, God-given ability to throw a football. And when he has clear pocket and clear vision, there is nobody in the game better. Comes from an offense where you can see him drop back under center, you can see him play action. And there are two plays in the Georgia game that to me summarize this kid, back to back throws. The first play he throws a 35-yard post against Georgia that was on the line the whole way. Thirty-five yards, on a line, he hit his receiver right in the helmet. It was an unbelievably difficult throw, and he made it look easy. 

"Literally the next play on a seven-yard hitch, he made a throw where three Georgia players touched it. An under guy, a linebacker coming under, and a corner from behind. It was one of the worst decisions in throws I've seen on back to back throws. That is the problem with this kid.  Every time I get excited he does something from a decision making or an accuracy perspective that bothers me. The common denominator is when he goes bad it's because of pressure in the pocket. When he can't step up, when he can't see, when he doesn't have clear vision, I believe his production goes way down.  Having said all of those things, I would be very concerned about taking him in the first round."

Mallett was named second-team All-Southeastern Conference last season, setting or tying 43 school or championship records.

His career average of 29.6 yards per touchdown pass is the highest in SEC history.

His 7,493 career passing yards, 7,141 career total offense yards, 68 touchdowns responsible for and 62 passing touchdowns rank as the highest totals by active SEC players.

His 158.1 career passing efficiency ranking is the third-highest in SEC history.

Last season, he completed an Arkansas single-season record 266 passes on a school-record 411 attempts for 3,869 yards and 32 touchdowns with 12 interceptions.

Will the NFL scouting combine make a difference for Mallett? The interviews are expected to be of extreme importance for the former Michigan transfer.

"It's not about him throwing in shorts," Mayock said. "He's going to look great whether he throws in Indy or at Arkansas's pro day or both. He's going to throw the hell out of the football. It's more about what he does at night in the meetings and whether or not he can convince the NFL people that he understands the game. He can continue to work through his pocket awareness and get better and better."

NFP»College»Draft Blog

RSS[h1]Drug rumors surrounding Ryan Mallett[/h1]
Concerns raised about Arkansas quarterback Aaron Wilson

4 Comments

Former St. Louis Rams and Carolina Panthers personnel department executive Tony Softli became the latest person to express concerns about the character of Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett.

Mallett has a previous arrest for public intoxication.

However, the 6-foot-6, 238-pound strong-armed quarterback has been linked to several unsubstantiated drug rumors by draft analysts and Softli.

Softli weighed in on Mallett on www.101espn.com

With Softli's NFL and college football connections, it's plausible to believe he would be in a position to know something about Mallett's background

"His inconsistency in leading his team to victory or making poor decisions at the most vital time of the game really sends up a red flag," Softli wrote. "Character and drug use issues are starting to rear their ugly head. Heavy rumors of drug use and possible addiction kept him from coming out for the 2010 draft. A lot of people are comparing Mallett to Ryan Leaf. I think Ryan was a better football player, with a cannon for an arm but the immaturity was just too much to overcome. A hair facial test might tell all 32 teams who this person really is."

Softli isn't alone in his skepticism about Mallett as a person.

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock spoke at length about Mallett during a recent conference call, saying he would have serious reservations about drafting him in the first round.

"I didn't say I have a first round grade on him," Mayock said. "I said that I've got four guys with first round ability. To me there is a distinction there, and people just assume when I say that I think he's a first round guy.  Here's what Ryan Mallet is. Ryan Mallett has unbelievable, God-given ability to throw a football. And when he has clear pocket and clear vision, there is nobody in the game better. Comes from an offense where you can see him drop back under center, you can see him play action. And there are two plays in the Georgia game that to me summarize this kid, back to back throws. The first play he throws a 35-yard post against Georgia that was on the line the whole way. Thirty-five yards, on a line, he hit his receiver right in the helmet. It was an unbelievably difficult throw, and he made it look easy. 

"Literally the next play on a seven-yard hitch, he made a throw where three Georgia players touched it. An under guy, a linebacker coming under, and a corner from behind. It was one of the worst decisions in throws I've seen on back to back throws. That is the problem with this kid.  Every time I get excited he does something from a decision making or an accuracy perspective that bothers me. The common denominator is when he goes bad it's because of pressure in the pocket. When he can't step up, when he can't see, when he doesn't have clear vision, I believe his production goes way down.  Having said all of those things, I would be very concerned about taking him in the first round."

Mallett was named second-team All-Southeastern Conference last season, setting or tying 43 school or championship records.

His career average of 29.6 yards per touchdown pass is the highest in SEC history.

His 7,493 career passing yards, 7,141 career total offense yards, 68 touchdowns responsible for and 62 passing touchdowns rank as the highest totals by active SEC players.

His 158.1 career passing efficiency ranking is the third-highest in SEC history.

Last season, he completed an Arkansas single-season record 266 passes on a school-record 411 attempts for 3,869 yards and 32 touchdowns with 12 interceptions.

Will the NFL scouting combine make a difference for Mallett? The interviews are expected to be of extreme importance for the former Michigan transfer.

"It's not about him throwing in shorts," Mayock said. "He's going to look great whether he throws in Indy or at Arkansas's pro day or both. He's going to throw the hell out of the football. It's more about what he does at night in the meetings and whether or not he can convince the NFL people that he understands the game. He can continue to work through his pocket awareness and get better and better."

Originally Posted by airblaster503

i do agree that LB is a need and Ayers would be a nice pickup but im not sold on the Lions OL some upgrades are need imo
if not atleast depth someone to push the starters CB is a need but it depends what they do in FA they have what 3 CB that are pending FA
what are the chances of them resigning any of the 3? the d-line looks good about now tho another pass rusher never hurts i dont see them going DL
its prob goin to come down to either OL or LB for Det in the 1st because i dont see a CB viable at that spot

Originally Posted by airblaster503

i do agree that LB is a need and Ayers would be a nice pickup but im not sold on the Lions OL some upgrades are need imo
if not atleast depth someone to push the starters CB is a need but it depends what they do in FA they have what 3 CB that are pending FA
what are the chances of them resigning any of the 3? the d-line looks good about now tho another pass rusher never hurts i dont see them going DL
its prob goin to come down to either OL or LB for Det in the 1st because i dont see a CB viable at that spot

Florida S Will Hill's performance at the NFL Combine greatly damaged his draft stock.
More specifically, it's in a "free fall" after he looked wild and undisciplined on the field and interviewed poorly. According to the National Football Post, "the more NFL teams know about Hill, the less they like him." It's looking like he's going to have plenty of time to compose profane tweets during the first two days of the draft.

Florida S Will Hill's performance at the NFL Combine greatly damaged his draft stock.
More specifically, it's in a "free fall" after he looked wild and undisciplined on the field and interviewed poorly. According to the National Football Post, "the more NFL teams know about Hill, the less they like him." It's looking like he's going to have plenty of time to compose profane tweets during the first two days of the draft.

Dre and Truth talking Draft at the club 
laugh.gif

Fairley's stock is dropping significantly and will almost certainly NOT be the #1 overall pick for Carolina. He's been labeled a "JUCO kid to the core." For those that don't know this is often a negative connotation for not as smart, hard-working, or well-coached. 

Dre and Truth talking Draft at the club 
laugh.gif

Fairley's stock is dropping significantly and will almost certainly NOT be the #1 overall pick for Carolina. He's been labeled a "JUCO kid to the core." For those that don't know this is often a negative connotation for not as smart, hard-working, or well-coached. 

I wonder where Marvin Austin is going to go. I dont particularly like him because as talented as he isnt I dont really see him ever becoming a great 3 technique but he definitely is reminding people why he had so much hype.

Back
Top Bottom