Official 2011 NFL Draft Thead Vol. Lions winning.... Niners losing...

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/cam-asked-whats-an-auburn-play-sound-like-29635

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
What a Auburn play sounds like?

Give it to...

And get out the way, and it worked. Could you do that with Kodi Burns?

Lockout has totally sucked the excitement out of this draft. Still can't wait. But coverage has died.

Lockout has totally sucked the excitement out of this draft. Still can't wait. But coverage has died.

The Offense i play in has plays just numbers, we have around 9 that are just represented by a Number on our play bands, so it isn't that far fetched.
Others are going to be longer if you adding the Category and Number its under the band on, like my School has 12 sections all represented by a Color, Animal/Object, Body Part and State,
So one Section we have could be Red/Snake/Cat/Kansas, which are all ways to call the section of the play, Then for each one we have, theres 12 numbers each having what we are doing in that play, so Red 1 could mean for me a Shallow whereas Red 3 is a Go route.

I can totally see where Cam is coming from, he just should of answered the question there by not pausing and taking so long to answer.

The Offense i play in has plays just numbers, we have around 9 that are just represented by a Number on our play bands, so it isn't that far fetched.
Others are going to be longer if you adding the Category and Number its under the band on, like my School has 12 sections all represented by a Color, Animal/Object, Body Part and State,
So one Section we have could be Red/Snake/Cat/Kansas, which are all ways to call the section of the play, Then for each one we have, theres 12 numbers each having what we are doing in that play, so Red 1 could mean for me a Shallow whereas Red 3 is a Go route.

I can totally see where Cam is coming from, he just should of answered the question there by not pausing and taking so long to answer.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

coverage is as  huge as ever . ESPN does a segment every sportscenter and College football live does a daily 30 minute draft coverage special.

NFL network been going hard and if you dont have NFLN u can catch snippets and pieces on NFL.com . 

CollegeSPorts Network has a daily draft show as well with Rich Rod &  Randy Cross  

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

coverage is as  huge as ever . ESPN does a segment every sportscenter and College football live does a daily 30 minute draft coverage special.

NFL network been going hard and if you dont have NFLN u can catch snippets and pieces on NFL.com . 

CollegeSPorts Network has a daily draft show as well with Rich Rod &  Randy Cross  

I'll have to check NFL network out. Guess I been snoozing with the NHL playoffs going on. Thanks.

I'll have to check NFL network out. Guess I been snoozing with the NHL playoffs going on. Thanks.

I think Gabbert is a safer pick than Newton. At the worst I can see Gabbert being a career backup. Newton has that presence about him, I dont know if its good or bad thing, thats why I think hes receiving so much hate. Hes gives you this feeling that hes gonna be a superstar or a bust. Gabbert doesn't gimme me that presence,hes seems very cerebral.

I think Gabbert is a safer pick than Newton. At the worst I can see Gabbert being a career backup. Newton has that presence about him, I dont know if its good or bad thing, thats why I think hes receiving so much hate. Hes gives you this feeling that hes gonna be a superstar or a bust. Gabbert doesn't gimme me that presence,hes seems very cerebral.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

While I agree, Gabbert is probably the worst "#1" QB in the draft in recent memory.  No team should be drafting a QB in the top 5 IMO, the talent just isn't there this year.  Cam is a wildcard and shows unreal potential, but due to the system he ran in college there is just as big of a chance he will bust.  If I was a team and had a decent starting QB now I would take Cam, let him sit a few years and learn the pro game.  If I was a team that needed a QB now, I wouldn't reach for Gabbert, I would wait til the 2nd and pick someone like Locker.

While I agree, Gabbert is probably the worst "#1" QB in the draft in recent memory.  No team should be drafting a QB in the top 5 IMO, the talent just isn't there this year.  Cam is a wildcard and shows unreal potential, but due to the system he ran in college there is just as big of a chance he will bust.  If I was a team and had a decent starting QB now I would take Cam, let him sit a few years and learn the pro game.  If I was a team that needed a QB now, I wouldn't reach for Gabbert, I would wait til the 2nd and pick someone like Locker.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I've been saying this the entire time.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]also if i were the vikings, seahawks, titans (unlikely) and most importantly the dolphins i would be looking to trade FAST. Dolphins, if they truly want mallet or any other QB, should trade once, possibly twice to the 31st picks or 2nd round and top 4. stock pile 2nd and 3rd round picks. get it done. imo. that is EXACTLY what they need to do and would have an amazing draft with all the depth at guard/center. rb. and slot wrs which is their Extreme need other than QB. Which with a pick 31 - 2nd rd 4 they can address that with mallet, ponder, lock, or whomever. i DO like mallet tho, always have. if he gets the off field stuff taken care of, the guy can right out play. looking forward to next thursday![/color]

Originally Posted by airblaster503

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I've been saying this the entire time.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]also if i were the vikings, seahawks, titans (unlikely) and most importantly the dolphins i would be looking to trade FAST. Dolphins, if they truly want mallet or any other QB, should trade once, possibly twice to the 31st picks or 2nd round and top 4. stock pile 2nd and 3rd round picks. get it done. imo. that is EXACTLY what they need to do and would have an amazing draft with all the depth at guard/center. rb. and slot wrs which is their Extreme need other than QB. Which with a pick 31 - 2nd rd 4 they can address that with mallet, ponder, lock, or whomever. i DO like mallet tho, always have. if he gets the off field stuff taken care of, the guy can right out play. looking forward to next thursday![/color]

If a team drafting in the top 5 then there's a good chance that team needs a QB, why would they pass on one...

The fact that Cam picked up a Gus Malzahn offense that fast lets me know he can adapt to change. I think he'll be okay.

Back
Top Bottom