Official 2011 NFL Draft Thead Vol. Lions winning.... Niners losing...

If Cam Newton doesn't go #1 overall, where do you all think he'll end up? Honestly, I don't think that Carolina drafts him. Got a feeling they will take AJ Green with that #1 pick. They can go 2-14/3-13 this season and be in the running for Andrew Luck in 2012.

Back to Cam....his skill-set is being scrutinized even more than Tebow. I heard a dude on the radio today saying that he could have an Aaron Rodgers-like fall in the draft. Teams are scared off by him...

If Cam Newton doesn't go #1 overall, where do you all think he'll end up? Honestly, I don't think that Carolina drafts him. Got a feeling they will take AJ Green with that #1 pick. They can go 2-14/3-13 this season and be in the running for Andrew Luck in 2012.

Back to Cam....his skill-set is being scrutinized even more than Tebow. I heard a dude on the radio today saying that he could have an Aaron Rodgers-like fall in the draft. Teams are scared off by him...

I'll be pissed if they take AJ Green.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If Cam does drop, I can see him going to the Cardinals at 5 or to your ******** at 10.

It'll be interesting to see where he goes because it could have a domino effect on the rest of the draft.

Based on alot of the mocks from the "draft experts" it looks like the Cowboys are going to go O-Line with their 1st pick and take Tyrone Smith from USC.

Iron Man or any other USC alum/fan, what's the word on Smith?

As much as I would love for the Cowboys to take a DB, namely Patrick Peterson there is no way he drops to 9, and the Cowboys don't look willing to take Amukamara at that spot.

I know O-Line is a need for this team but I think our secondary is a more pressing one.

Secondary got molested the entire season.
sick.gif

If Cam does drop, I can see him going to the Cardinals at 5 or to your ******** at 10.

It'll be interesting to see where he goes because it could have a domino effect on the rest of the draft.

Based on alot of the mocks from the "draft experts" it looks like the Cowboys are going to go O-Line with their 1st pick and take Tyrone Smith from USC.

Iron Man or any other USC alum/fan, what's the word on Smith?

As much as I would love for the Cowboys to take a DB, namely Patrick Peterson there is no way he drops to 9, and the Cowboys don't look willing to take Amukamara at that spot.

I know O-Line is a need for this team but I think our secondary is a more pressing one.

Secondary got molested the entire season.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

30t6p3b.gif
I was just reading that Steve Smith wants out....I could see Green going #1.  And in thinking about it....if Carolina goes 2-14 or 3-13 this season (ending up being in the running for the #1 overall in 2012), how much sense would it make to draft a big-tim project in Cam Newton?  

Tyron is elite in pass pro, needs work in the run game. Mostly because he played so light while @ USC. I think he played @ like 290 last year. Athletically he has all the tools. Just needs to get bigger and stronger. Even since declaring, he has put on some good weight.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

30t6p3b.gif
I was just reading that Steve Smith wants out....I could see Green going #1.  And in thinking about it....if Carolina goes 2-14 or 3-13 this season (ending up being in the running for the #1 overall in 2012), how much sense would it make to draft a big-tim project in Cam Newton?  

Tyron is elite in pass pro, needs work in the run game. Mostly because he played so light while @ USC. I think he played @ like 290 last year. Athletically he has all the tools. Just needs to get bigger and stronger. Even since declaring, he has put on some good weight.

Originally Posted by toine2983

I dunno, Toine....I got a feeling that if the Skins don't trade down, they are gonna take Locker w. that #10 overall
sick.gif

I just really wonder how much teams are scared off by Cam?  I want the guy to succeed, but wow....I think there are more questions about him than there were about Tebow last year. 

I dunno, Toine....I got a feeling that if the Skins don't trade down, they are gonna take Locker w. that #10 overall
sick.gif

I just really wonder how much teams are scared off by Cam?  I want the guy to succeed, but wow....I think there are more questions about him than there were about Tebow last year. 

I just hope Amukamara drops down to the Lions at 13, they don't need a OT at that spot and taking Jimmy Smith or Ayers would be a reach.

I just hope Amukamara drops down to the Lions at 13, they don't need a OT at that spot and taking Jimmy Smith or Ayers would be a reach.

I just can't take another year of watching clausen throw for 50 yards a game. I wouldn't mind it at all if we took Aj or dareus.

I just can't take another year of watching clausen throw for 50 yards a game. I wouldn't mind it at all if we took Aj or dareus.

sick.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]That's because No matter what, Tebow was (is) an extremly Hard worker and will do anything it takes. Cam is not. All of that has been documented.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I wouldn't touch Cam for anything. At number 1 or at number 32. i just wouldn't. [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I would take the sure thing in Dareus. ( i would also be fine with AJ or PP... both, i believe, will be great. but personally i would go Build the line and go outwards.) Then go pure line for the first few picks. Gonna have to rebuild all the way around as it is, and will most likely get another number 1 pick, especially with the division you are in. Next draft Luck falls right into your lap, with a Fresh new FA that you can get some wide receivers.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]This is Chess not Checkers.[/color]

sick.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]That's because No matter what, Tebow was (is) an extremly Hard worker and will do anything it takes. Cam is not. All of that has been documented.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I wouldn't touch Cam for anything. At number 1 or at number 32. i just wouldn't. [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I would take the sure thing in Dareus. ( i would also be fine with AJ or PP... both, i believe, will be great. but personally i would go Build the line and go outwards.) Then go pure line for the first few picks. Gonna have to rebuild all the way around as it is, and will most likely get another number 1 pick, especially with the division you are in. Next draft Luck falls right into your lap, with a Fresh new FA that you can get some wide receivers.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]This is Chess not Checkers.[/color]

Originally Posted by im that one

toine2983 wrote:

DoubleJs07 wrote:

sick.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]). Cam is not. All of that has been documented.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] [/color]

Lol wut.

toine2983 wrote:

DoubleJs07 wrote:

sick.gif

Lol wut.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

As another life long Lions fan, I have been hoping Amukamara would be available at 13. The OT pick is not a need this year. worst case scenario they trade down a few spots and pick up J. Smith and another pick. Ayers is not the pick either. Been seeing Aldon Smith in a few mocks. Meh. Bruce Carter in the second please. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by airblaster503

As another life long Lions fan, I have been hoping Amukamara would be available at 13. The OT pick is not a need this year. worst case scenario they trade down a few spots and pick up J. Smith and another pick. Ayers is not the pick either. Been seeing Aldon Smith in a few mocks. Meh. Bruce Carter in the second please. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

sick.gif

Lol wut.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]It's been reported time and time again. They were questioning and commenting it AT his pro day which i watched, also there has been articles.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)](see:[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]http://www.profootballwee...m-newton-scouting-report (negatives)[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]http://profootballtalk.nb...-cam-newtons-work-ethic/ (from mel kiper.... pretty much > anyone in evaluating and getting deep information about draftees. although i personally prefer mike mayock.)[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]http://content.usatoday.c...now-if-he-cares-enough/1 ( mayock who just questions and comments about it.) [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Mike Lombardi and Casserly Have repeatedly talked about his work ethic, among other displeasure, and share pretty much what i do. He isn't worth a number 1 pick.)[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]does that mean he didn't show up in college on game day... for one year, not at all. He was a beast in that system for that year. [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Lastly, would you trust your Franchise in his hands?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]All in All, what i was saying is two things... 1) Tim Tebow is an extremely hard worker (even tho i don't personally like him as a QB.) I do respect the guy for how hard he works. 2) I wouldn't touch Cam if i worked for the dolphins and had an opportunity to do so.[/color]

Originally Posted by HankMoody

sick.gif

Lol wut.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]It's been reported time and time again. They were questioning and commenting it AT his pro day which i watched, also there has been articles.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)](see:[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]http://www.profootballwee...m-newton-scouting-report (negatives)[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]http://profootballtalk.nb...-cam-newtons-work-ethic/ (from mel kiper.... pretty much > anyone in evaluating and getting deep information about draftees. although i personally prefer mike mayock.)[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]http://content.usatoday.c...now-if-he-cares-enough/1 ( mayock who just questions and comments about it.) [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Mike Lombardi and Casserly Have repeatedly talked about his work ethic, among other displeasure, and share pretty much what i do. He isn't worth a number 1 pick.)[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]does that mean he didn't show up in college on game day... for one year, not at all. He was a beast in that system for that year. [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Lastly, would you trust your Franchise in his hands?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]All in All, what i was saying is two things... 1) Tim Tebow is an extremely hard worker (even tho i don't personally like him as a QB.) I do respect the guy for how hard he works. 2) I wouldn't touch Cam if i worked for the dolphins and had an opportunity to do so.[/color]

It's going to be really, really hard for the Bengals to screw this draft up with all the different options they have available and all the positions that need to be filled, but I wouldn't put it past them. 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom