Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

So this on twitter
pimp.gif

So many conflicting reports.

SI and YS are saying its Charlie Culberson and Francisco Peguero for Beltran.

Buster Olney is saying its Wheeler.

MLBTraderumors is saying its Gary Brown.

I am all for Beltran personally, but I think if we were trading Wheeler and/or Brown, we should be able to do better than Beltran.

So many conflicting reports.

SI and YS are saying its Charlie Culberson and Francisco Peguero for Beltran.

Buster Olney is saying its Wheeler.

MLBTraderumors is saying its Gary Brown.

I am all for Beltran personally, but I think if we were trading Wheeler and/or Brown, we should be able to do better than Beltran.

Now KNBR is saying its Wheeler.

%++!!!!!!

What a @!%#@+ day for us Bay Area sports fans.  Disgusting. 

Now KNBR is saying its Wheeler.

%++!!!!!!

What a @!%#@+ day for us Bay Area sports fans.  Disgusting. 

WHAT IS GOING ON????
Wheeler? NO Brown? I'd be OK with.  I mean if it brings a repeat then it's all worth but it's tough to part with either of your top 2 prospects 

WHAT IS GOING ON????
Wheeler? NO Brown? I'd be OK with.  I mean if it brings a repeat then it's all worth but it's tough to part with either of your top 2 prospects 

Wholeheartedly agree BW. I just think Brown/Wheeler should be able to net a better player than Beltran....especially given his circumstances.

Wholeheartedly agree BW. I just think Brown/Wheeler should be able to net a better player than Beltran....especially given his circumstances.

I agree especially considering those two probably could have acquired Rasmus from the Cards.
It's easy to overreact but I remember a similar reaction to Alderson for Freddy.

I agree especially considering those two probably could have acquired Rasmus from the Cards.
It's easy to overreact but I remember a similar reaction to Alderson for Freddy.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Who would you SF fans rather give up, Brown or Wheeler? who has the brighter future?
Brown could be a special CF and Wheeler could be a special SP.  Seems like a gamble on which ever the front office is actually going to realize that potential.

Who would you SF fans rather give up, Brown or Wheeler? who has the brighter future?
Brown could be a special CF and Wheeler could be a special SP.  Seems like a gamble on which ever the front office is actually going to realize that potential.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Huge difference is when Alderson was traded, he was our #2 prospect.  Wheeler now is like MadBum when we traded Alderson.  Plus Freddy wasnt a rental.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Huge difference is when Alderson was traded, he was our #2 prospect.  Wheeler now is like MadBum when we traded Alderson.  Plus Freddy wasnt a rental.

I think you have to give up Wheeler between the two.  At best, he's probably going to be the fourth starter if he's getting called up.  This team is in need of offense so I like this move. I also think the Giants will try to sign Beltran if they're given up that much to get him.

I think you have to give up Wheeler between the two.  At best, he's probably going to be the fourth starter if he's getting called up.  This team is in need of offense so I like this move. I also think the Giants will try to sign Beltran if they're given up that much to get him.

Carlos Beltran trade to San Francisco Giants awaits his approval
by USA Today Top Sports News Feed on Jul. 27, 2011, under USA Today Sports

A trade that would send Carlos Beltran from the New York Mets to the San Francisco Giants has been agreed upon and only awaits approval from the Mets outfielder.

The deal could be approved as soon as today, according to a person close to Beltran with knowledge of the trade, but not authorized to speak publicly on it because talks are ongoing.

Beltran, hitting .289 with a .904 OPS, would provide an immediate jolt to a Giants lineup that has struggled all season, particularly since the loss of catcher Buster Posey to a season-ending injury. Beltran, who has a no-trade clause, can become a free agent after this season.

Multiple reports indicate that outfielder Gary Brown will be the centerpiece of the package going back to the Mets, though recent reports indicate it may be pitcher Zach Wheeler. Brown was the Giants’ first-round draft pick, 24th overall, in 2010. He is hitting .317 with a .386 on-base-percentage, 24 doubles and 24 steals at high-A San Jose. Wheeler was the sixth overall pick in 2009.

Copyright 2011 USATODAY.com

Back
Top Bottom