Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

[h1]Giants Do Not Plan To Release Pat Burrell[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 27 at 11:00pm CST]

11:00pm: The Giants are not releasing Burrell, according to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle (on Twitter).

9:37pm: The Giants are expected to release Pat Burrell to create roster space for Carlos Beltran, according to CSNBayArea.com. San Francisco will option Brandon Belt to Triple-A to create space on the active roster for Beltran, who was acquired for pitching prospect Zack Wheeler earlier today.

Burrell, 34, re-signed in San Francisco for $1MM after a strong second half to the 2010 season helped carry the Giants to the World Series. Burrell hit .266/.364/.509 with 18 homers last year, but his production has fallen off in 2011. The former first overall pick has a .233/.342/.419 line with seven homers this season. If the Giants release him, he'll be available for a pro-rated portion of the MLB minimum, just as he was a year ago.

[h1]Giants Do Not Plan To Release Pat Burrell[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 27 at 11:00pm CST]

11:00pm: The Giants are not releasing Burrell, according to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle (on Twitter).

9:37pm: The Giants are expected to release Pat Burrell to create roster space for Carlos Beltran, according to CSNBayArea.com. San Francisco will option Brandon Belt to Triple-A to create space on the active roster for Beltran, who was acquired for pitching prospect Zack Wheeler earlier today.

Burrell, 34, re-signed in San Francisco for $1MM after a strong second half to the 2010 season helped carry the Giants to the World Series. Burrell hit .266/.364/.509 with 18 homers last year, but his production has fallen off in 2011. The former first overall pick has a .233/.342/.419 line with seven homers this season. If the Giants release him, he'll be available for a pro-rated portion of the MLB minimum, just as he was a year ago.

Is Bill Hall still on the roster? I know he got hurt but seemingly he makes the most sense to cut for a roster move.

Is Bill Hall still on the roster? I know he got hurt but seemingly he makes the most sense to cut for a roster move.

He was on the 15 day DL as of 7/8 and is playing a rehab game...makes the most sense to me to activate then cut.

He was on the 15 day DL as of 7/8 and is playing a rehab game...makes the most sense to me to activate then cut.

Activate Burrell, Hall and Tejada and cut all of them.

Ross, Tejada, and DeRosa ... about $19 million coming off the books at the end of the season. In time for Cain's salary bump.

Back
Top Bottom