Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

How is trying to keep track of 20 stats fun?
sick.gif

Giants need to jump on the Padres early. Tired of the Padres scoring in the first few innings.

Giants need to jump on the Padres early. Tired of the Padres scoring in the first few innings.

[table][tr][th="col"]M. Latos SD
8529.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]M. Cain SF
7495.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]6-12[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]10-9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.83[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]2.86[/td] [/tr][tr][td]136[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]143[/td] [/tr][tr][td]49[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]45[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.24[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.09[/td][/tr][/table]
San Diego Padres Lineup:
Venable, RF
Bartlett, SS
Maybin, CF
Guzman, 1B
Hudson, 2B
Blanks, LF
Hundley, C
Forsythe, 3B
Latos, RHP

San Francisco Giants Lineup:
Fontenot, SS
Keppinger, 2B
Sandoval, 3B
Huff, 1B
Belt, LF
Ross, RF
Rowand, CF
Stewart, C
Cain, RHP

[table][tr][th="col"]M. Latos SD
8529.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]M. Cain SF
7495.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]6-12[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]10-9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.83[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]2.86[/td] [/tr][tr][td]136[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]143[/td] [/tr][tr][td]49[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]45[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.24[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.09[/td][/tr][/table]
San Diego Padres Lineup:
Venable, RF
Bartlett, SS
Maybin, CF
Guzman, 1B
Hudson, 2B
Blanks, LF
Hundley, C
Forsythe, 3B
Latos, RHP

San Francisco Giants Lineup:
Fontenot, SS
Keppinger, 2B
Sandoval, 3B
Huff, 1B
Belt, LF
Ross, RF
Rowand, CF
Stewart, C
Cain, RHP

I dont care what the reports are. Nate hurt himself when he bit**ed out by not running over the catcher in Houston. I said it at the time. You HAVE to truck the catcher in that situation. Sliding into someone blocking the plate does NOT work.

Buster Posey really messed with our team's heads. Running over the catcher is part of the game, and I feel like we will never do it because of what happened to him.

Im not one to ever wish harm upon anyone or be ok with injuries, but if Nate played the game the right way, his DL stint doesnt happen. Period.

I dont care what the reports are. Nate hurt himself when he bit**ed out by not running over the catcher in Houston. I said it at the time. You HAVE to truck the catcher in that situation. Sliding into someone blocking the plate does NOT work.

Buster Posey really messed with our team's heads. Running over the catcher is part of the game, and I feel like we will never do it because of what happened to him.

Im not one to ever wish harm upon anyone or be ok with injuries, but if Nate played the game the right way, his DL stint doesnt happen. Period.

Originally Posted by dland24

Your my boy and all, but you're talking out of your #!+.  If he trucked him, with our luck, he cracks his collarbone or something else.  A collision without injury is more luck than anything, period.
I agree that the Posey situation did lead him to not slide.

Your my boy and all, but you're talking out of your #!+.  If he trucked him, with our luck, he cracks his collarbone or something else.  A collision without injury is more luck than anything, period.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Like Tom Tolbert said on the radio yesterday, you are more likely to hurt yourself by sliding into a catcher who is smothering homeplate than putting your shoulder into his chest.

I agree, with our luck, Nate dislocates his shoulder or something.  But just because our team is unlucky doesnt mean we shouldnt play the game the right way.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Like Tom Tolbert said on the radio yesterday, you are more likely to hurt yourself by sliding into a catcher who is smothering homeplate than putting your shoulder into his chest.

I agree, with our luck, Nate dislocates his shoulder or something.  But just because our team is unlucky doesnt mean we shouldnt play the game the right way.

Back
Top Bottom