Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Harbaugh has to take the political path and say what he said. ALex is not coming back.

Harbaugh has to take the political path and say what he said. ALex is not coming back.

Harbaugh's not gonna throw him under the bus like that. He isn't going to publicly say anything of that nature...

If we get Palmer on board, I think Dalton would be a pretty interesting QB to take in the mid rounds (esp since Moore isn't in the draft).

Harbaugh's not gonna throw him under the bus like that. He isn't going to publicly say anything of that nature...

If we get Palmer on board, I think Dalton would be a pretty interesting QB to take in the mid rounds (esp since Moore isn't in the draft).

This may or may not be a stupid suggestion.......but........Plaxico Burress? Maybe?
nerd.gif

This may or may not be a stupid suggestion.......but........Plaxico Burress? Maybe?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

just get what are the chances of us getting nnamdi to come play for us?

didnt want to pay Nate, doubt they'd want to pay Nnamdi even tho i would def welcome it...pick him up plus another corner in the second rd...not bad at all

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

didnt want to pay Nate, doubt they'd want to pay Nnamdi even tho i would def welcome it...pick him up plus another corner in the second rd...not bad at all

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

westcoastsfinest wrote:

They didn't want to pay Nate because he sucks ****. If anything they've always been willing to pay guys. Gore, Willis, Davis, Staley have all been taken care of. Some got new deals when they honestly didn't deserve them. In FA they paid Nate, Justin, Michael Lewis, etc.

westcoastsfinest wrote:

They didn't want to pay Nate because he sucks ****. If anything they've always been willing to pay guys. Gore, Willis, Davis, Staley have all been taken care of. Some got new deals when they honestly didn't deserve them. In FA they paid Nate, Justin, Michael Lewis, etc.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

westcoastsfinest wrote:

i ioverstand he sucks and they pay for FA's, %##$ they paid Nate
laugh.gif
but i think it will come down to  paying what he's worth or what he wants which i dont kno about because the number Nnamdi may throw out there or the number a team might throw at him, the 9ers won't want to match especially since there are many other holes that need to be filled

Originally Posted by KingJames23

westcoastsfinest wrote:

i ioverstand he sucks and they pay for FA's, %##$ they paid Nate
laugh.gif
but i think it will come down to  paying what he's worth or what he wants which i dont kno about because the number Nnamdi may throw out there or the number a team might throw at him, the 9ers won't want to match especially since there are many other holes that need to be filled

Source: Frank Gore is ahead of schedule with rehab from a broken hip. He resumed running two weeks ago, won't have any ill effects in '11.
http://twitter.com/mattba...status/30327546188922881
pimp.gif

When contacted just now, Champ Bailey's agent Jack Reale said, "there has been no contact from the #Broncos since before the season ended."
http://twitter.com/Josina...atuses/28279648957767680
nerd.gif

New San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh further filled out his staff hiring Ed Donatell as secondary coach. Donatell was secondary coach for the Broncos the past two seasons.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Source: Frank Gore is ahead of schedule with rehab from a broken hip. He resumed running two weeks ago, won't have any ill effects in '11.
http://twitter.com/mattba...status/30327546188922881
pimp.gif

When contacted just now, Champ Bailey's agent Jack Reale said, "there has been no contact from the #Broncos since before the season ended."
http://twitter.com/Josina...atuses/28279648957767680
nerd.gif

New San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh further filled out his staff hiring Ed Donatell as secondary coach. Donatell was secondary coach for the Broncos the past two seasons.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Sign Champ, Nnamdi and Plaxico. Trade for Carson and draft a QB of the future. GMing seems so simple.
laugh.gif

Sign Champ, Nnamdi and Plaxico. Trade for Carson and draft a QB of the future. GMing seems so simple.
laugh.gif

Manusky: Don't give up on Taylor Mays

If it had been up to him, Greg Manusky would not have started Taylor Mays during his rookie season. But the 49ers former defensive coordinator said that doesn't mean that Mays lacks the talent to be starter at some point.

"I see some promise in the kid," Manusky, who is now the Chargers defensive coordinator, said at the Senior Bowl this week. "He's a football guy. He loves football. I'd rather have those guys on my team because they want to get better."

Manusky said it typically takes three offseasons to develop a safety, which is what the team allotted Reggie Smith before making him a starter. "When you throw them in there, it's too much for them," Manusky said.

Mays stands out physically. He's 6-3, weighs 230 pounds and recorded one of the two fastest 40-yard runs at last year's scouting combine. But those physical gifts have not translated to football effectiveness. Prior to the draft, Mays was criticized for his inability to change direction quickly and his lack of big plays, especially interceptions, while at USC. Those shortcomings seemed to manifest themselves during his rookie season, too.

But Manusky said he thought Mays could overcome them.

grin.gif

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/01/whats-his-deal.html
What's his deal? Carroll says he has no beef with Harbaugh

Pete Carroll has no beef with Jim Harbaugh, and the Seahawks coach can't understand why anyone would think otherwise. "If you write that, it's because you think that," Carroll said Tuesday at the Senior Bowl. "Because it's not true."

A casual observer might conclude the two men aren't all that fond of one another given what transpired between them in 2009. At the time, Carroll's USC Trojans were seven-time Pac-10 champions and had thumped Harbaugh's Stanford squad 45-23 the previous year. In 2009, however, Stanford not only blew the doors off of USC, Harbaugh called for a gratuitous two-point conversion late in the game after Stanford's seventh touchdown.

The final score was Stanford 55, USC 21 and the two head coaches had a testy exchange at midfield afterward. "What's your deal?" Carroll complained to Harbaugh. "What's your deal?" Harbaugh said in return.

Carroll, however, had no recollection Tuesday about the midfield meeting. "You'll have to talk to Jim about that," he said. "I don't know anything about it. I don't care about it. It means nothing to me. That meant nothing to me. The other coaches get to do whatever they want, and I don't hold anything against them. I'm not one of those guys who is looking for issues with guys. They can do whatever they want to. I don't even remember the circumstances other than we were getting our butts kicked. Other than that I don't know."

(Stanford nose tackle Sione Fua definitely remembers the exchange. He said that "What's your deal?" became a catch phrase in the Cardinal locker room. "We'd pass him in the hallway and it was like, "What's your deal, Harbaugh?" Fua also noted that Stanford's marketing department used "What's your deal" to sell tickets in 2010.

What Carroll remembers most is having a strong rivalry with Harbaugh in the Pac 10, and he said he expects that will continue in the NFC West. "He's a really good coach, and he's going to bring them a spirit and an enthusiasm the 49ers fans are going to like," he said. "I don't know him one way or the other. I think he's a really good coach, and I really respect him."

roll.gif

someone needs to ask harbaugh about this one.

Manusky: Don't give up on Taylor Mays

If it had been up to him, Greg Manusky would not have started Taylor Mays during his rookie season. But the 49ers former defensive coordinator said that doesn't mean that Mays lacks the talent to be starter at some point.

"I see some promise in the kid," Manusky, who is now the Chargers defensive coordinator, said at the Senior Bowl this week. "He's a football guy. He loves football. I'd rather have those guys on my team because they want to get better."

Manusky said it typically takes three offseasons to develop a safety, which is what the team allotted Reggie Smith before making him a starter. "When you throw them in there, it's too much for them," Manusky said.

Mays stands out physically. He's 6-3, weighs 230 pounds and recorded one of the two fastest 40-yard runs at last year's scouting combine. But those physical gifts have not translated to football effectiveness. Prior to the draft, Mays was criticized for his inability to change direction quickly and his lack of big plays, especially interceptions, while at USC. Those shortcomings seemed to manifest themselves during his rookie season, too.

But Manusky said he thought Mays could overcome them.

grin.gif

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/01/whats-his-deal.html
What's his deal? Carroll says he has no beef with Harbaugh

Pete Carroll has no beef with Jim Harbaugh, and the Seahawks coach can't understand why anyone would think otherwise. "If you write that, it's because you think that," Carroll said Tuesday at the Senior Bowl. "Because it's not true."

A casual observer might conclude the two men aren't all that fond of one another given what transpired between them in 2009. At the time, Carroll's USC Trojans were seven-time Pac-10 champions and had thumped Harbaugh's Stanford squad 45-23 the previous year. In 2009, however, Stanford not only blew the doors off of USC, Harbaugh called for a gratuitous two-point conversion late in the game after Stanford's seventh touchdown.

The final score was Stanford 55, USC 21 and the two head coaches had a testy exchange at midfield afterward. "What's your deal?" Carroll complained to Harbaugh. "What's your deal?" Harbaugh said in return.

Carroll, however, had no recollection Tuesday about the midfield meeting. "You'll have to talk to Jim about that," he said. "I don't know anything about it. I don't care about it. It means nothing to me. That meant nothing to me. The other coaches get to do whatever they want, and I don't hold anything against them. I'm not one of those guys who is looking for issues with guys. They can do whatever they want to. I don't even remember the circumstances other than we were getting our butts kicked. Other than that I don't know."

(Stanford nose tackle Sione Fua definitely remembers the exchange. He said that "What's your deal?" became a catch phrase in the Cardinal locker room. "We'd pass him in the hallway and it was like, "What's your deal, Harbaugh?" Fua also noted that Stanford's marketing department used "What's your deal" to sell tickets in 2010.

What Carroll remembers most is having a strong rivalry with Harbaugh in the Pac 10, and he said he expects that will continue in the NFC West. "He's a really good coach, and he's going to bring them a spirit and an enthusiasm the 49ers fans are going to like," he said. "I don't know him one way or the other. I think he's a really good coach, and I really respect him."

roll.gif

someone needs to ask harbaugh about this one.

Originally Posted by dland24

laugh.gif

Champ is a FA???
Was the no cap year THIS year, or is it next year  (if there is a next year)??

Last time we had a no cap year, the niners picked up Prime time (still sucks that it was for only 1 year......then he went to dallas to make matters worse)

Correct me if im wrong about that no cap year.....i was only in 5th grade, lol

laugh.gif

Champ is a FA???
Was the no cap year THIS year, or is it next year  (if there is a next year)??

Last time we had a no cap year, the niners picked up Prime time (still sucks that it was for only 1 year......then he went to dallas to make matters worse)

Correct me if im wrong about that no cap year.....i was only in 5th grade, lol

laugh.gif
if this happens, im kissing the ground baalke and jed walk on! 

i have faith in mays to become one of the best
nerd.gif

as for nnamdi, hell we spent for nate. why not nnamdi!!

Back
Top Bottom