Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

I'd give at most a 3rd rounder for Palmer, hopefully something later than that but IMO it's much better than drafting a QB in the 3rd.

I'd give at most a 3rd rounder for Palmer, hopefully something later than that but IMO it's much better than drafting a QB in the 3rd.

I'd personally go with what DFresh suggested -- Try picking up Champ in FA and drafting one of the top CBs in the draft.

TBH don't really know much about Von Miller but if he can be like DeMarcus Ware or Matthews in Fangio's 3-4 scheme, he'd be a good pickup.

I'd personally go with what DFresh suggested -- Try picking up Champ in FA and drafting one of the top CBs in the draft.

TBH don't really know much about Von Miller but if he can be like DeMarcus Ware or Matthews in Fangio's 3-4 scheme, he'd be a good pickup.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Von Miller is the 2nd best pure pass rusher in this draft. (I still have Quinn 1) but Von has been beasting at the senior bowl. So I could see someone falling in love with him. Miller/Quinn/Price are all very real possibilities. Someone will drop in our lap.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Von Miller is the 2nd best pure pass rusher in this draft. (I still have Quinn 1) but Von has been beasting at the senior bowl. So I could see someone falling in love with him. Miller/Quinn/Price are all very real possibilities. Someone will drop in our lap.

they're saying that, but carson's demanding a trade, so i would think it's highly likely the bengals will have to do something in april.

they're saying that, but carson's demanding a trade, so i would think it's highly likely the bengals will have to do something in april.

Originally Posted by acidicality

praying_hands_sculpture_photosculpture-p153484763857617297q9l0_400.jpg

I'd definitely give a 3rd for Carson.  I definitely wouldnt throw in Anthony Dixon with the 3rd though.  
wink.gif

I'd definitely give a 3rd for Carson.  I definitely wouldnt throw in Anthony Dixon with the 3rd though.  
wink.gif

If we pick up Carson, it better only be for a couple years while we develop another QB. And he's not worth anything more than a 3rd round pick.

If we pick up Carson, it better only be for a couple years while we develop another QB. And he's not worth anything more than a 3rd round pick.

if the SEA doesn't retain Hasselbeck, I could see Palmer ending up in SEA, and Matt in ARZ

if the SEA doesn't retain Hasselbeck, I could see Palmer ending up in SEA, and Matt in ARZ

Not a huge fan of Carson Palmers.
He plays great with a good O-Line.

I've always though he hold on to the ball a little to long.

Btw he threw for almost 4000 and 26td's both twice as many as Smith. He did throw 20 ints last year though.

Not a huge fan of Carson Palmers.
He plays great with a good O-Line.

I've always though he hold on to the ball a little to long.

Btw he threw for almost 4000 and 26td's both twice as many as Smith. He did throw 20 ints last year though.

ESPN's Mike Sando believes there is an actual chance the 49ers may keep Alex Smith this offseason.
According to Sando, "analysts consider the 2011 draft relatively weak at quarterback." That is certainly not a universally held belief, but it's clear there is no Sam Bradford in this year's crop of signal-callers. That fact coupled with the uncertainty surrounding the league's labor situation could make it prudent for the Niners to hold onto their former number one overall pick for at least one more season. Jan. 30 - 8:51 am et

ESPN's Mike Sando believes there is an actual chance the 49ers may keep Alex Smith this offseason.
According to Sando, "analysts consider the 2011 draft relatively weak at quarterback." That is certainly not a universally held belief, but it's clear there is no Sam Bradford in this year's crop of signal-callers. That fact coupled with the uncertainty surrounding the league's labor situation could make it prudent for the Niners to hold onto their former number one overall pick for at least one more season. Jan. 30 - 8:51 am et

As long as we dont get a QB for our 7th pick, im ok... No QB coming out is worth that pic... But if we keep Alex, Harbaugh better do something to help out and turn him into Luck
laugh.gif

Or many Harbaugh has a plan
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom